Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2019, 12:15 AM   #7193
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
And Texas Tech hasn't been the same
Can't deny that. They could've done worse than Tuberville... Who I just learned from Wikipedia is entering the 2020 Republican primary against Doug Jones. I would personally prefer if college football coaches would stay out of politics, because the compartmentalization I require to enjoy them as people in their chosen profession is taxing enough.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #7194
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
Can't deny that. They could've done worse than Tuberville... Who I just learned from Wikipedia is entering the 2020 Republican primary against Doug Jones. I would personally prefer if college football coaches would stay out of politics, because the compartmentalization I require to enjoy them as people in their chosen profession is taxing enough.
They also could've done better.

I hated the Tuberville hire from the moment he signed the contract.

He didn't want to be here. He just wanted to get back into coaching, and Tech was the highest profile job available. If he would've waited a couple days, both Tennessee and USC opened up, and then he would've talked about how much he'd enjoy coaching either one of those.

Then there was the coach-slapping incident

He missed Auburn so much, that he made Tech wear their helmet.

Let's also not forget his downfall in Lubbock began when his wife decided to run a red light and killed a guy.

And then afterwards, he decided to compare Lubbock to both Iraq and Siberia.

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 06-23-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:39 AM   #7195
MVP

Quote:
They also could've done better.

I hated the Tuberville hire from the moment he signed the contract.

He didn't want to be here. He just wanted to get back into coaching, and Tech was the highest profile job available. If he would've waited a couple days, both Tennessee and USC opened up, and then he would've talked about how much he'd enjoy coaching either one of those.

Then there was the coach-slapping incident

He missed Auburn so much, that he made Tech wear their helmet.

Let's also not forget his downfall in Lubbock began when his wife decided to run a red light and killed a guy.

And then afterwards, he decided to compare Lubbock to both Iraq and Siberia.
Lol. I honestly didn't know any of that. How do you feel about the Wells hire?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2019, 10:19 AM   #7196
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

Quote:
Lol. I honestly didn't know any of that. How do you feel about the Wells hire?
He won 10 games twice at Utah State. He's gonna be fine here. It's gonna be really weird seeing Tech run something other than the Air Raid, though.

We might sneak into a bowl game this year, but I really feel like Wells is gonna get the team where they need to be within 3-4 years.

Just hearing his interviews and his introductory press conference, he sounds like he really gets it. He kept reiterating that Texas Tech is now a "We, Us, Our" Program.

I really believe he's going to bring Tech to their best performances since Leach got fired.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:46 AM   #7197
MVP

Quote:
He won 10 games twice at Utah State. He's gonna be fine here. It's gonna be really weird seeing Tech run something other than the Air Raid, though.

We might sneak into a bowl game this year, but I really feel like Wells is gonna get the team where they need to be within 3-4 years.

Just hearing his interviews and his introductory press conference, he sounds like he really gets it. He kept reiterating that Texas Tech is now a "We, Us, Our" Program.

I really believe he's going to bring Tech to their best performances since Leach got fired.
Yea I recall USU being a bit more spread-to-run/zone-read oriented. But their QBs still put up numbers, so I think it'll still be fun to watch.

"we, us, our" is interesting as a contrast. Did you feel that it was a self-involved program her Kliff?
Old 06-23-2019, 11:04 AM   #7198
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

Quote:
Yea I recall USU being a bit more spread-to-run/zone-read oriented. But their QBs still put up numbers, so I think it'll still be fun to watch.

"we, us, our" is interesting as a contrast. Did you feel that it was a self-involved program her Kliff?
I can't really say for sure. I just believe that was the same philosophy Wells had at Utah State.

I can't find a good picture of it, but the mantra has been painted on one of the Film Room walls. It literally just says "WE-US-OUR".

Here he is meeting the team for the first time.

So yeah, I'm buying into him.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #7199
MVP

Quote:
I can't really say for sure. I just believe that was the same philosophy Wells had at Utah State.

I can't find a good picture of it, but the mantra has been painted on one of the Film Room walls. It literally just says "WE-US-OUR".

Here he is meeting the team for the first time.

So yeah, I'm buying into him.
I guess it was more intimate than the usual "we're gonna run the ball, stop the run, be aggressive and multiple on defense" stuff. But I'm glad you're excited about him.

I was pretty annoyed when Kliff ditched us to somehow become the Cardinals head coach but I'm excited about Harrell as OC.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:25 PM   #7200
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

We’re exactly two months away from the start of the season. There’s at least a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »