Home

How is YOUR Career Legacy going?!?!

This is a discussion on How is YOUR Career Legacy going?!?! within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2007, 08:13 AM   #57
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How is YOUR Career Legacy going?!?!

I'm running with Northern Colorado. I'm 10-4 currently, though I traded out some tougher non-conference games. For example, one of my wins was against NJIT. My reasoning is that I wanted to learn the game against teams that wouldn't run me off the floor. I have managed to start 4-0 in Big Sky play. I blew Sacramento St out, but my wins against Northern Arizona, Idaho St., and Weber St. were all by 7 or less. Some great games. Just like the real squad, my team is centered around Archibeque and Taibi. I find a lot of success using the inside-out game. If they double Archibeque low, I kick it back out to Taibi for a three. I'm quite concerned about year 2 with this team, though. Both Taibi and Archibeque graduate, and there's really nobody else on this team that can create his own shot. I'm trying to get Beitzel (a redshirt freshmen) to develop a three point shot. I have him working on nothing but shooting.

My recruiting is going as well as can be expected. I'm pretty much guaranteed the three 2* guys I'm going for, as I'm the only school that's showing interest. That sorta scares me. I have a 6-3 SG out of Denver, a 6-9 C out of Layton, Utah, and a 7-2 center out of Salt Lake City. I used the 7-2 guy seven times in the ABL, and fell in love with him. The guy's got a great touch around the basket.

Also, this is the first sports game that actually has me yelling at the screen as if I was watching a real game on TV. Great times.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:36 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunter5
Also, this is the first sports game that actually has me yelling at the screen as if I was watching a real game on TV. Great times.
I actually pumped my fist Derek Jeter style after pulling out a road win. dont have that kind of reaction playing a video game all that often lol..immersive game.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:04 AM   #59
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
I'm running with Northern Colorado. I'm 10-4 currently, though I traded out some tougher non-conference games. For example, one of my wins was against NJIT. My reasoning is that I wanted to learn the game against teams that wouldn't run me off the floor. I have managed to start 4-0 in Big Sky play. I blew Sacramento St out, but my wins against Northern Arizona, Idaho St., and Weber St. were all by 7 or less. Some great games. Just like the real squad, my team is centered around Archibeque and Taibi. I find a lot of success using the inside-out game. If they double Archibeque low, I kick it back out to Taibi for a three. I'm quite concerned about year 2 with this team, though. Both Taibi and Archibeque graduate, and there's really nobody else on this team that can create his own shot. I'm trying to get Beitzel (a redshirt freshmen) to develop a three point shot. I have him working on nothing but shooting.

My recruiting is going as well as can be expected. I'm pretty much guaranteed the three 2* guys I'm going for, as I'm the only school that's showing interest. That sorta scares me. I have a 6-3 SG out of Denver, a 6-9 C out of Layton, Utah, and a 7-2 center out of Salt Lake City. I used the 7-2 guy seven times in the ABL, and fell in love with him. The guy's got a great touch around the basket.

I'm using Northern Colorado as well. They're damn good. I didn't realize Archibeque and Taibi are seniors though =( I'm recruiting some SG and C's though, so hopefully I'll be good. Taibi is a great shooter, and I use him and Beitzel a lot. The bench isn't too bad.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 11-29-2007, 02:57 PM   #60
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I've finally settled ona closed legacy team..Im going to run with St. Francis (NY). I have 5 scholarships to offer...gonna start a little marathon of games this morning. Are you guys playing the ABL games? Im thinking of just playing just the ones that have guys who are interested in me..and play 2 minute halves or something to that effect, so I can get the bonus recruiting points.
I am using St. Francis as well. They are a tough choice as their 3 point shooting outside of Womack(5'8" PG) and Rubino(6'3" SG) is weak, and they are lacking in size outside of the Yessoufou(6'9" F/C)....Hines(6'5" PF) has decent midrange though.

I am currently 2-2 (MOP setting)with wins against Hartford and Maine, and losses against St. Johns and Hofstra. Each game has been tight into the final two minutes.

I plan on recruiting a "Fab 5"(PG***, SG****[foreigner], SF**, PF**, C**) with the five scholarships I have with a focus on size and skill as this team lacks both, and plan on staying until either the Temple or Syracuse jobs open up for me as those are my goals.

Last edited by seanhazz1; 11-29-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:08 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

What about Mason, whose a sophomore, perhaps he can develop....but yeah, when I was playing with them in 2k7, Taibi & Archibeque were the team....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2007, 02:50 AM   #62
Rookie

trojan657's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm 0-9 with MD-Eastshore, they're the only team that's rated below 60, kinda regret it..I suck so bad at this game, I'm playing on starter and I'm getting blown out by my conf. opponents, but I only lost by 3 against Iowa...I dunno how ppl play on All-Conf. I'm getting beat by 20 and 30 pts a game on Starter, I might have to stoop down low and start playing on walk-on...damn..
Old 11-30-2007, 03:33 AM   #63
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31

Just played a great game with Citadel against Wofford, double overtime thriller. We'd both traded misses at the buzzer in regulation and OT 1. Down 3 with 15 seconds to play, swung the ball around to my SF who drilled a contested shot to tie the game. Wofford hurries the ball down the court, finds their PF... wide open shot from the wing and he misses it.. My SG Simmons grabs the board, 5 seconds to play, sprints up the court, pulls up from about 25 feet top of the key... SWISH! at the buzzer. We win 98-95, my first buzzer beater in this game. Brought my record to 7-7, but we've got Davidson next, who just blew me out of the building the first time around.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:54 AM   #64
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

2-1 with Morehead now. I was in a tight game with Western Illinois, and then went on a 14-0 run and blew them out by 16. Lost by 4 to Bowling Green, because my team forgot how to shoot mid-range jumpers, and 3 pt jumpers. They are getting it in practice tomorrow!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »