Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2017, 07:36 AM   #353
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Here is a bit higher caliber, Dortmund (CPU) v Bayern Munich (User):

Great to see 2 big teams on your videos Matt! Honestly, everything from the CPU perspective seemed great, except it seemed that they passed the ball in a lot of situations where they should have shot. They seem to try to hard on getting that "perfect opportunity". This was something i felt it didnīt happen in the demo, i felt they shot a lot in the demo and didnīt "fool around" as much as in the past. But i didnīt see this behavior in previous games you streamed so, maybe itīs a tactics related thing on Dortmund side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERNUT
Exactly. Everyone needs to sent a tweet to EA and devs with feedback on this issue. Feedback worked for PES as a fouls patch is in works for it. Let's make same happen for FIFA.
We should also press EA to say something about those Team Styles feature wich is nowhere to be seen. And i donīt believe itīs in the tactics because they are the same sliders and options from years past. This is actually the thing that is bothering me the most because it smells like a huge lie to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
Today I lost my first game 4-1 with West Ham against MU but they only made the difference in the last part of the second half during witch they subbed in Miky and Pogba for Lindegard and Carrick (their starting eleven was a bit meh with also De Gea on the bench) and they made a huge difference on the pitch.
I thought this bug was solved in FIFA17... is it "on" again?
Old 09-29-2017, 08:36 AM   #354
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Great to see 2 big teams on your videos Matt! Honestly, everything from the CPU perspective seemed great, except it seemed that they passed the ball in a lot of situations where they should have shot. They seem to try to hard on getting that "perfect opportunity". This was something i felt it didnīt happen in the demo, i felt they shot a lot in the demo and didnīt "fool around" as much as in the past. But i didnīt see this behavior in previous games you streamed so, maybe itīs a tactics related thing on Dortmund side.
Yeah, I agree. Has anyone seen any long range shots by CPU since the sliders? I know it was happening quite a bit on default, but now not as much. However, I've not played as much since yesterday, but will be diving later in tonight.

I hope it doesn't turn into FIFA 14's issue where the CPU would never strike one from distance. I feel like it's not, since FIFA 14 the CPU would opt to chip a through ball and never shoot in obvious shooting positions. In 18, they shoot from anywhere inside the box.

Let's get some eyes on this, please. See if this is CTT or not.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:55 AM   #355
MVP

OVR: 0

About to play FIFA and the set woooo well excited

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #356
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes

We should also press EA to say something about those Team Styles feature wich is nowhere to be seen. And i donīt believe itīs in the tactics because they are the same sliders and options from years past. This is actually the thing that is bothering me the most because it smells like a huge lie to me...

I thought this bug was solved in FIFA17... is it "on" again?

Agree Nunogomes: - I also doubt Team Tactics (CTT). I think they have made some play styles, which are then used for the different teams It can also be Slider's influence on the game ?. But the slider values OS CS found so far so good. Personally I want to go higher with pass error to create a more realistic pass accurate values. Pass speed of 35 for my taste a bit too low and can be increased if you raise the above value, but otherwise OS CS contribute have done a nice piece of work.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #357
MVP

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. Has anyone seen any long range shots by CPU since the sliders? I know it was happening quite a bit on default, but now not as much. However, I've not played as much since yesterday, but will be diving later in tonight.

I hope it doesn't turn into FIFA 14's issue where the CPU would never strike one from distance. I feel like it's not, since FIFA 14 the CPU would opt to chip a through ball and never shoot in obvious shooting positions. In 18, they shoot from anywhere inside the box.

Honestly haven't seen any issue with the number or locations of shots attempted. I've seen maybe 1 realllly long range strike from 30-35m, a few more in the 18-25 range and of course most of them in the box.

Will continue to monitor. I'm having a hard time putting this game down at night to go to bed, its that fun.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:18 AM   #358
Pro

Quote:

Is maybe an effect from Shoot Speed 45/45, maybe try and raise Pass speed if it helps ?. Or maybe Shoot speed is as FIFA14 sensitive and prevents the AI from shooting far out, all maybe only- need to be tested more. last but not least a bit strange it could maybe be due to the heights 50/50?.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:41 AM   #359
MVP

Tonight iīll play two games at default sliders, slow speed 15min. Both games with Bayern (me) and Dortmund (cpu) like Matt did, then two more games with the sliders from here with same teams and see if there is a significant diference between them in regards of how cpu shoots the ball.

Itīs not the number of shots im looking after because those seem to be ok from stats, but rather the location, inside and outside of the box, and if the CPU takes the oportunity in shots instead of passing when a clear chance presents itself.

Judging from the demo i was sure this wasnīt going to be a problem, now im not so sure... letīs see.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:41 AM   #360
Rookie

OVR: 1

Figured I'd throw this in this thread too because it might be getting more visibility right now sorry for the slight off topic ...

So I bought a new PS4 and my profile did not transfer over from the old PS4 properly and I am stuck back at level 1 with 5 points. Wondering if any kind soul would mind gifting me the edit player in career mode and rematch in career mode. As an avid CM player and slider tester those two features I can't do without. If you are willing I'll give you my psn username. Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »