Home

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

This is a discussion on Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2019, 07:01 PM   #25
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19

UPDATE Feb 10 2019:

The slider images in the 1st post contain the latest updates. This post is for the benefit of users who applied the sliders previously. For their convenience, I am specifying which values need to be edited & updated.

1) Penalties > Slashing = 0/100 (CPU & HUMAN)

There is one simple change this week. This is a temporary fix for the "Slashing bug" issue (see quoted post below). It will mitigate/eliminate the issue of CPU players *excessively* slashing from behind - whenever the HUMAN plays offense.

I tested this out today, and still received a variety of different penalty calls. So this change shouldn't negatively affect the overall gameplay experience.

Thanks to @JonnyMoondog, @Nashville, & @ScubaAlek for sharing their observations on this issue. I tweeted at the EA staff but got no response. But hopefully they saw it & a future update corrects this problem.

Heading into next week, I'm going to be paying closer attention to the quantity & quality of penalty calls in PRO STAR. It's one thing I overlooked when designing these sliders. First I need to see whether there's any pattern or variation to penalty calls. Then I'll implement some fixes if necessary.

For those unaware, here is a reminder of the Slashing bug issue:
Quote:
You may notice excessive slashing penalties taken by the CPU. This is a BUG in NHL 19 - possibly due to the new tuner update..

What happens is that if you are playing offense, possess the puck, & skate by a CPU defender, while extending the right joystick (PS4) to tuck/guard the puck...the CPU will try to stick lift you from behind & ends up slashing you. This is a penalty against the CPU every time.

At first I thought the cause was the "Aggression" slider being maxed to "100/100". But even after reducing it & even lowering the respective penalty sliders...I could still reproduce this bug.

Because the slider settings seem to have no effect on this behavior...it seems this is a problem only EA can fix. It might be an oversight in their recent tuner release (1.03 post-update).

Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19 (Updated March 16, 2019)

Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders for NHL 18

Last edited by jaibubwan; 02-10-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #26
Rookie

I see what you are doing and I appreciate your work on these. Unfortunately, i see way too many wayward passes. Makes cycling the puck almost impossible. I can live with high passing %, they are NHLers.
I did 0 out slashinga and kept all other penalties at default at set it to 4/4. I get the right amount that way. Some game samples are few, alot, and none called, i got good variety.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:24 PM   #27
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canton_Carl
I see what you are doing and I appreciate your work on these. Unfortunately, i see way too many wayward passes. Makes cycling the puck almost impossible. I can live with high passing %, they are NHLers.
That sounds very weird. It's not what I experience. And puck cycling is a HIGH PRIORITY for me. If the slider interfered with that, I would have changed it long ago.

I just played a Franchise Mode game of Nashville vs Dallas. I executed two different high-difficulty offensive passes:
- Left side of net, diagonally to defenseman on top right
- Tic tac toe on rush

I'm going to record some gameplay video next week. So we can have some frame of reference. And you can compare what you see to my footage.

Where I find the most "wayward" passes is typically in high pressure defensive situations when attempting to *STRETCH PASS*...or offensive situations where the slot is crowded & you're trying for a *ONE TIMER*.

And it's not like you can't ever stretch pass or one timer. I just find it realistically doesn't let you get away with it when there's coverage or a crowd.

- Are you sure your Tuner is set to 1.03?
- Any other speed or passing modifications?
- What difficulty are you on? (ie. All Star difficulty can produce more HUMAN wayward passes, by virtue of high pressure defense the CPU plays - you may not have time to make clean pass)

If it's not modification related, then by all means, do increase the Pass Accuracy slider.
That should give you a fix - but it has a knock-on effect with puck looseness & taming "All Star" difficulty.

Quote:
I did 0 out slashinga and kept all other penalties at default at set it to 4/4. I get the right amount that way. Some game samples are few, alot, and none called, i got good variety.
This I wholeheartedly agree with. I noticed this today, after playing some games. Which is why I posted about the slider update above.

Last edited by jaibubwan; 02-10-2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:39 AM   #28
Rookie

Trying to figure out penalties... made slashing at zero with cpu pens and teammate pens at 30, tested one period got hooking call from CPU and my tripping call, when i prevented a breakaway and one double 2 min penalty because of unaccepted fight after my postwhistle SOG... I consider these results pretty satisfying. What i like most of your sliders are goal animations, CPU goals amazing Bjugstad scored real-life breakaway goal on Fleury and couple Rangers' assisted goals wich amazed me, i don't have much time, so my testing finish at one period, but i'm already having variety of results after 1st 2-0,0-2,0-0,1-1. Will test tomorrow your new penalty sliders and default with 0 slashing, though i definitely won't change to 4/4, because it will provide too much calls for me. I think more than 3-4 per team after a slashing bug will piss me off. Thanks again. You doing great.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:40 AM   #29
Banned

Great sliders,I play on all-star at 7 min periods.I want to see more but realistic goal totals,do you think if I put the goalie sliders at 25 it would adversely effect gameplay.Again best sliders out there.Thanks.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #30
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy
Great sliders,I play on all-star at 7 min periods.I want to see more but realistic goal totals,do you think if I put the goalie sliders at 25 it would adversely effect gameplay.Again best sliders out there.Thanks.
So you're saying you want to see higher goal totals?

It's interesting because on Pro difficulty, you tend to get higher goal totals. I think on All Star difficulty, offense becomes much harder - due to the hard coded high pressure CPU defence.

Off the top of my head, what I would tweak first are the two screening sliders in the goalie section. It fits with the gritty playing style of All-Star difficulty.

This way you'd maintain the real logic of hockey (good screens = goals) along with increasing the probability of goals.

My concern with wholesale changes to ALL the goalie sliders is that the CPU will take better advantage - because it makes *perfect* decisions...while the HUMAN is imperfect.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:30 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy

I have been messing around with goalie sliders at 25 on AS with these sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #32
Banned

I just hate when the goalies play super human.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »