Home

NHL 15: Reviewer Impressions (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Reviewer Impressions (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 03:10 PM   #25
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
I bet if this game came out in November people will still complain about it coming out later than usual. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. The price is the price, deal with it lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #26
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15: Reviewer Impressions (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
I bet if this game came out in November people will still complain about it coming out later than usual. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. The price is the price, deal with it lol
I bet they would.

...however, not to the magnitude of what we've seen these past couple of days. A 2-months delay, in these circumstances, would've been much more accepted by the whole market than this.

Parts of that would of course require EA and the NHL dev team to communicate and be upfront about the issues (which they usually aren't very good at it), but if managed well, postponing the game, even if it had to be announced today, would be seen as a far better thing than this.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovuto86
I dont understand you at all..If you buy it for 60 dollars and play it for 3 months, Walmart will give you 40 dollars for it trade in so youd really only play it for 20 dollars.
what are you talking about?
Old 09-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #28
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
They stated they are adding new features this month and next month, so they will be working on improving the overall quality of the game. Whether the improvements will satisfy most or some is yet to be seen. Maybe some will hold off and see what the improvements are before they buy it.

Guys like me have no choice, cause I love hockey games and my 360 is KIA, so lol. But judging by what they did with the content updates with UFC, the game actually improved over time, so hopefully it's the same way with NHL
Old 09-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #29
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict
Also I wanted to point out that NHL 07, when it came out on 360, had several game modes missing from the previous generation. It was still a great game that made me purchase a 360.
And that was then. When Madden and FIFA hit next-gen, they managed to get everything in and add things like coach glass, etc.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #30
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
They stated they are adding new features this month and next month, so they will be working on improving the overall quality of the game. Whether the improvements will satisfy most or some is yet to be seen. Maybe some will hold off and see what the improvements are before they buy it.

Guys like me have no choice, cause I love hockey games and my 360 is KIA, so lol. But judging by what they did with the content updates with UFC, the game actually improved over time, so hopefully it's the same way with NHL
Believe me, I really hope it will. Just as I hope you'll have a blast playing NHL 15.

I'm from Montreal, so that gives you an idea how big of a deal the NHL series is for me. I owned every single game since the old SEGA Genesis days. So it's hard for me to skip this year's title. But without the ability to edit players (cause I'm that crazy the game), AHL Team and Auto-Draft (will be patched in), I just can't enjoy Be-A-Gm, which is the mode I'm primarily playing.

I thought the mode already had its flaws compared to other "Dynasty" modes in other sports titles (Scouting is weak, slow simulation, a few contract issues, offseason being way too basic, etc) so to see it go that much backwards is a dealbreaker for me.

But I'm stoked for NHL 16 though. Live draft is a feature that I was waiting for for quite a few years. If somehow they can get closer to Madden for Scouting, I will be a very happy gamer...next year !
Old 09-08-2014, 03:47 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
And that was then. When Madden and FIFA hit next-gen, they managed to get everything in and add things like coach glass, etc.
I mentioned this in my previous post. There is precedent for both previous next gen EA games (madden, fifa) but that does NOT justify having all the game modes in NHL (it does justify a price decrease however). Expectations need to be drawn from EA Sports NHL's previous foray into a new console market, not other franchises.

And regarding last year's Madden, it was just a glossy version of Madden 25 on PS3/360. Not a big upgrade in any way, IMO. Fifa 14 however, was a gem that will make it hard to recommend purchasing another Fifa game for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #32
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
I can't understand how this game took a year off and is still missing so much. Nba 2k14, in comparison, released at lauch with the new consoles, had tremendous graphics (up there with the best for these consoles), was fully featured with some modes getting upgrades, and played well on the court (better than previous gen). NHL, in comparison, has great graphics, good presentation, solid gameplay (though not the major improvement I was expecting, but a lack of core modes. Sure 2k14 had its share of problems, issues, and glitches (which can be expected for a launch title) but on paper it would seem as though NBA was the game that took a year off not NHL.

I am picking up NHL since I do enjoy the gameplay and I mostly play quick games with friends but I am disappointed with the lack of change and improvement overall, including the missing features. When it was announced last year that NHL 14 would skip next gen launch my reaction was "Wow NHL 15 will be the real deal and show us what a next gen sports game should be". Wrong. The game, especially on ice, will still be fun and enjoyable but I am beyond surprised by the lack of features and innovation in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »