Home

EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap!

This is a discussion on EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-05-2015, 12:21 AM   #9
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap!

First off, thank you for your response.

Secondly, so you can't really give us insight as to what ideas of ours (OS) that they may have really liked or taken to heart? Not saying that you didn't present these things, but just wondering if they make it clear as to how they feel about anything going on here at OS to you, since you are technically our representative.

Finally, you said that "AdamJones113 had sent me a packet of information that he himself had made. He represents the community here far better than I."

With that being said, has there perhaps been any consideration to providing an OS member (such as AJ113) the opportunity to be including in some fashion within in the GameChangers program in moving forward? Even if a member from our community could somehow just be involved in the correspondence directly, i.e. those Skype conversations and emails - rather than the hands-on portion of the program - I think we all might agree that having someone serve our community in this capacity would be better for all of us involved.

If there hasn't been such a consideration, to this point, could this be something that is possibly broached in an upcoming discussion?

It certainly might go a long way in mending some fences in how everything has sort of happened with the game and things here over the past few seasons.

Thanks again.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:01 AM   #10
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm excited!
Old 05-05-2015, 02:09 AM   #11
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

While I sincerely doubt that a) everything was so improved (especially goalies, I would need more info on that to believe anyone) and b) even if, by some chance, it is, there is doubt in my mind that the version most tuned to sim gaming would be the final version.

With that being said... I think you've done a great job of damage control here at OS. Thank you for posting recaps here.

I love bigwill's idea of having one more person just added to the Skype chat or even just emails. If you can put this forward, or if you can post an example of one of OS's ideas being discussed, I guarantee you you'll have another packet of info within 3 days. (Hell, I'd even interact through Twitter if that's what it comes to.)

Thanks again!

Last edited by AdamJones113; 05-05-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 02:38 AM   #12
Just started!

Smile Re: EASHL Committee / EA NHL GameChangers Event #2 Recap!

Awesome info! I just have one very important question:

Everything
All
Sounds
Hella
Legit
?
Old 05-05-2015, 03:30 AM   #13
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

OVR: 6

Question about EASHL. When I play OTP on X1 the gameplay just does not feel right to me. Part of it playing as NHL players but it's also something else I can't quite explain. Will the new EASHL bring back that last gen magic with that mode?

+ Will the ability to have 6v6 OTP be back? Need some Goalie love.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:33 AM   #14
Just started!

one question. and I only need a one word answer. GM Connected??
Old 05-05-2015, 03:34 AM   #15
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiSurndeep
one question. and I only need a one word answer. GM Connected??
No way he's able to answer that without violating the NDA. I doubt it's in, but modes will be announced later in the cycle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 04:18 AM   #16
Just started!

Thank you very much! Must admit I'm gonna have to see it for myself this year to believe it, but the GM mode info is greatly appreciated, as is all your info so far.

I respect that feature announcements are entirely EAs to share - the marketing guys would be pretty ticked off if that leaked early. I wonder though, if they commented at all on how they did things for '15 compared to how they are doing them this time around. Particularly interested in any lessons learned according to the devs or design leads. Can you recall anything like that?

(the obvious difference is the OS was there, and has presumably been permitted to share your OP. Curious if they hinted at an improvement to resources, budget, development approach, design objectives etc. I don't have any insight into their mindset beyond what the PR machine spits out.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »