Home

NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 11:15 AM   #17
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 16: Article Breakdown from EA GameChanger who PLAYED the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I get what your saying but that was a problem with ea's matchmaking they needed to do a better job with match ups, imo.
Completely agree!
Old 05-19-2015, 11:19 AM   #18
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm very excited for this new approach to the EASHL and I believe this is what the community wanted (based on polls, surveys, discussion on the forums, etc.).

It's a new take on the mode and should result in better hockey. Maybe everyone who loves dumping their points in specific categories and dancing around the ice with 99 agility will be disappointed, but I honestly don't think anyone can argue that this won't result in better gameplay.

I've been part of this community for 8 years and every year, people say, "IT PLAYS GREAT OUT OF THE BOX THEN IT GOT RUINED BY EA / PEOPLE GETTING LEGEND CARDS." To a big extent, that's true. The gameplay balance goes all out of whack when you have attributes playing such a big role and such a dramatic difference between something like a rookie card and a legend 3 card.

Not an issue this year. Customize the look of your skater, but otherwise play the game. Play good hockey, use teamwork, and you win. Not because you've played 400 games and have higher artificial boosts than your opponent.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #19
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Interesting take on EASHL. The EA article made it kind of sound like FIFA's system where basically your stats level up based on how you play. Make a lot of passes? Good, you passing goes up. Have good footwork? Good your ball handling skills increase.

I'll be interested to see how EASHL plays out. I'd prefer height and weight to affect player build. Just have it affect your speed, agility and acceleration but a little bit. Smaller you are the fast you can, be but you're very easy to steal the puck from. Or on the flipside the taller you are the slower you are and the harder you are to get knocked off the puck.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #20
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks for the write up and for posting it so quickly after the official press release, much appreciated. Some things sound ok, some not so much (no editing still? Really?). Nothing really excites me about the list so far, which is probably a good thing considering how burned I've felt of late with the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Thanks for your answer but I don't think I like the new eashl . no player differentiation so now it's just like the rest of the game lol.... I don't see the point in playing if I can't progress my player. Did you see any options for shorter seasons in GM mode ?
Seeing this a lot and I'm not sure I get it. For me personally, it seems like it would make the mode more enjoyable by everyone being on an even playing field and relying on your ability to play the game/play as a team to be successful rather than who has the best stats (which were purchasable before, weren't they?) automatically having an advantage.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:27 AM   #21
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
Interesting take on EASHL. The EA article made it kind of sound like FIFA's system where basically your stats level up based on how you play. Make a lot of passes? Good, you passing goes up. Have good footwork? Good your ball handling skills increase. .
Thats not at all what it says, thats how be a pro is, that isnt how eashl is at all...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 11:41 AM   #22
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hey thanks for this oohway. Just a question about online couch co op. So do you have to play in eashl mode? Or can you not use NHL teams? And is there any ranked games in this mode?
Old 05-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #23
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

I wonder how much money EA is losing on no attribute boost? hmmm strange they would go away with what was probably a big money maker.. what's the catch?

the best part about the new EASHL is I won't have to pay another $50 for goalie attribute boost and another $50 for skater attribute boost after buying the game. I also don't have to play 300 games to get legend. It's a little harder now days to play so much non stop compared to 09 when the EASHL first started. I also think it's better now because it will be much easier now to switch positions on your club between games and don't need to wait forever for people editing their attributes and builds for different positions every other game.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:55 AM   #24
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Thats not at all what it says, thats how be a pro is, that isnt how eashl is at all...
Yes I'm aware. I said the article EA put out MADE IT sound like FIFA's system when it's not.

I must've made my post sound that way.

Last edited by SinisterAlex; 05-19-2015 at 12:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »