Home

not as bad as some people say

This is a discussion on not as bad as some people say within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2018, 09:01 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: not as bad as some people say

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup4blues
Actually last year this was said

What we got was NHL Mascot Three's.

Original story: https://stevivor.com/features/interv...ump-frostbite/
Well, at least I nailed my "7 year old / Blades of Steel" portion of my comments...
Old 04-28-2018, 01:50 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Well, at least I nailed my "7 year old / Blades of Steel" portion of my comments...
Lol. I've said it many times before, but until Rammer quits or gets fired, this game will go down as being the biggest turd in sports gaming history as he's totally destroyed the elements that used to make this game fun and somewhat realistic. The current game engine is a joke, and no matter how many updates/patches/tweaks they continue to milk, nothing will change without a complete overhaul, including getting rid of Rammer.

Keep an eye out though for 2KHS on PC, check it out on YouTube, as the gameplay, in my honest opinion, blows EA's out of the water. I've honestly got my fingers crossed that 2K will come back into the mix, not only to give them some much needed competition, but to teach EA how a hockey game should actually play.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:51 PM   #59
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Im not a hockey fan at all, dont know jack about hockey, but i like this game, im sure it has flaws, i don't notice them, same thing with FIFA. I dont watch hockey or soccer, i just have fun playing both. If something is unrealistic i wont know. On the other i watch 🏈🏈🏈 & Madden drives me crazy sometimes
Old 04-30-2018, 11:47 AM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
Im not a hockey fan at all, dont know jack about hockey, but i like this game, im sure it has flaws, i don't notice them, same thing with FIFA. I dont watch hockey or soccer, i just have fun playing both. If something is unrealistic i wont know. On the other i watch 🏈🏈🏈 & Madden drives me crazy sometimes
And you are exactly the target audience for EA with these games. They figure they already have the true hockey fans, because there are no other products for them to go to. So by making a more arcade product that appeals to the masses they get more revenue. Get those people addicted to HUT and dollar signs flash.

Problem they don't understand is that the diehard hockey fans are not buying this game every year anymore because of how awful it is. The game play is the worst of any sports game, and it has been about 6-8 years where it has just been in a downward spiral.

I would say that over 60% of the people who state that they enjoy the game play in this series are quick to say that they are not hockey fans or do not follow the actual sport, or have never played hockey in their lives. Doesn't that say something about this game?
Old 05-01-2018, 11:22 PM   #61
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
And you are exactly the target audience for EA with these games. They figure they already have the true hockey fans, because there are no other products for them to go to. So by making a more arcade product that appeals to the masses they get more revenue. Get those people addicted to HUT and dollar signs flash.

Problem they don't understand is that the diehard hockey fans are not buying this game every year anymore because of how awful it is. The game play is the worst of any sports game, and it has been about 6-8 years where it has just been in a downward spiral.

I would say that over 60% of the people who state that they enjoy the game play in this series are quick to say that they are not hockey fans or do not follow the actual sport, or have never played hockey in their lives. Doesn't that say something about this game?
can't they just improve the simulation mode (for diehard fans) and add roster share (since they will not add classic teams)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 01:18 AM   #62
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
can't they just improve the simulation mode (for diehard fans) and add roster share (since they will not add classic teams)?
The problem here is, there is a hell of a lot they need to "improve" gameplay wise before most hardcore hockey fans will even think about buying another installment. In fact, the game is in such a mess that it would be better for them to tear everything down and start fresh with an engine that actually fits a hockey game, rather than attempting to improve what they already have. Polish a turd...
Old 05-03-2018, 07:01 PM   #63
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I've been playing a lot lately and this might sound odd, but my last 5 games I've switched the camera view to "dynamic low" and it's made the spacing on the ice seem much closer to the real thing. My guess is it's a video game 3D thing where on "overhead" (or other camera settings) the game seems like there is too much room on the ice and the game feels more open to me.

By switching to "dynamic low" the game just feels tighter to me, with tons of bouncing/redirected pucks as well as a more physical game. Shot totals have also gone down and much more in line with the real NHL.

There are drawbacks, you cannot see the whole rink and have to really make quicker breakout passes vs end to blue line passes and you can't keep switching players on D as much at the points.. BUT you can see the holes in the net much better so scoring is much more fun. Plus, I can defend the net much better and tie up players in front of the net much better. It just becomes more of a chess match to me, than constant back and forth, end to end play.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:51 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefaho
The problem here is, there is a hell of a lot they need to "improve" gameplay wise before most hardcore hockey fans will even think about buying another installment. In fact, the game is in such a mess that it would be better for them to tear everything down and start fresh with an engine that actually fits a hockey game, rather than attempting to improve what they already have. Polish a turd...
Totally agree 100%. But here's the problem. Rammer and his crew will continue to milk HUT for as long as possible, as they give absolutely zero crap about any other mode that doesn't make money. So why even think about upgrading their absolutely pathetic game engine, when idiots are spending extra $$$ on this game believing it makes a difference, when it actually doesn't do a thing. This is simply (2018) the most pathetic sports game in history, but Ramjagsingh couldn't care less as all he cares about his is paycheck and pleasing the EA executives.
Without a doubt, it's been the most infuriating game to play since 2011, and until the totally sadistic Rammer disappears from this game, nothing will improve. He's totally destroyed what used to be a fun game, and turned it into the smelliest turd of all time, because he has absolutely zero clue what the word "fun" means.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »