Home

Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

This is a discussion on Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 02:38 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I was going to stop replying to your comments but one thing stood out to me and so I had to respond.

What data do you have that supports that your position is the majority?

Serious question.

Let me make something clear. I love OS. I have been a member for almost 20 years. I was a mod and admin for years. I love what this site contributes to sports gaming.

As a member of OS for 2 decades has made me realize is that we are NEVER the majority. We are hardcore sim gamers who focus and obsess over everything that happens in the actual sport. Doesnt matter if its basketball, hockey, soccer, baseball or MMA.

Now that obsession is usually good for sports games. That obsession with realism typically makes better games but I've never been clueless enough to believe that the majority cares that much about what we obsess over.

Dont get it ****ed up. There are 30 plus people who post here regularly. That isnt the majority. That isnt a consensus. Just because 1212 or Haz_ agrees with something doesnt mean that the majority does or that your idea is something the majority wants. Same goes for any idea that I agree with.

As I said 8 HOURS AGO, if you are going to argue that something needs to be added or changed, the best approach is to get a clear consensus. Not the majority of people who post here. A group of people that includes OS but doenst consist only of OS.
Lol what. I don't mean I'm claiming I am the majority with all. In fact I was going by what you said by saying sim is majority on OS. I was replying to you talking about sim being the majority on OS. What's weirder is I asked you the same thing earlier..

Thanks for bringing that up, because it relates to another idea that has been ignored and that's official in game surveys and news section. A official consensus can be established.

The main point is there's many features that can be used offline but could be disabled for ranked and as a toggle for quick fight. Circling could also fall into this category (if it really comes to that), alongside things like doc stoppages, custom movesets, attires, more sliders, etc.

What there's for comp to oppose then, nothing will change in their field. Going further, your assumption that comp will still complain even with balanced circling ignores one more crucial thing... That punishing 'running' can become more effective, as it has become to punish body 1212. If comp really are bothered by 'running' that much... this is actually the opportunity for them to have fun and shut down 'running' with a stand up skill... something that can be even more effective combined with high level striking. GPD has said they wanted to find a way for better cage cutting. This is a way.

Finally, what about the idea of moving sprinting from double flick towards to L3? Set aside circling for a moment, we still have back and forward sprinting. So just click L3 and you can sprint back and forth in a more accessible way.

This has been a criticism by all.. you asked for consensus. I'd imagine all parties agree the double flick towards for sprinting is awkward. L3 is a more accessible and natural input. It would free up two inputs in the process the only input for stiff arm retreat and the double flick if actually used again.

What do you think about L3 as the input for sprinting? Since I have only been mentioned once by the devs and GCs in private while most my ideas are ignored because of my form- maybe consider this idea for sprinting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 03:13 AM   #82
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
@aholbert32, I didn't realise that posting solely on OS constitutes hiding and preaching to a choir. Months ago, when we were rampant about changes to movement we had to convince both competitive players and the devs. That's not preaching to a choir, we faced a pretty strong backlash and it took a lot of convincing. We succeeded and we got lunges and the arm retreat. That being said, you've always emphasised how we here aren't the majority. This is absolutely true. But you've also encouraged us to keep it coming and that the devs see everything we post. From my experience posting on here has yielded a number of great results. That's why I've been posting only on here and haven't felt the need to do so elsewhere.
I'll break if down for you:

If you are trying to make an argument that the entire EA UFC community agrees with you, you need to show that and you cant show that simply by posting on OS. There arent enough of us here and many of us are like minded. You need to show that community actually supports it.

If you are trying to make an argument solely on its merits (this idea is good and would benefit the entire community even if they dont agree with you), then presenting it here alone is fine. I still think it helps to go other places and present that same argument though.

If you have a good idea, post it here. the devs lurk and take the feedback. With that said, dont assume that you are the majority simply because everyone here agrees with you.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:28 AM   #83
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'll break if down for you:

If you are trying to make an argument that the entire EA UFC community agrees with you, you need to show that and you cant show that simply by posting on OS. There arent enough of us here and many of us are like minded. You need to show that community actually supports it.

If you are trying to make an argument solely on its merits (this idea is good and would benefit the entire community even if they dont agree with you), then presenting it here alone is fine. I still think it helps to go other places and present that same argument though.

If you have a good idea, post it here. the devs lurk and take the feedback. With that said, dont assume that you are the majority simply because everyone here agrees with you.
Theres alot of people on Reddit who bashed the **** out of how bad outside fighting it is. Literally just play a match throw mainly your jab and theyll immediately walk back to the cage and lean into a hook. Pressuring is the easiest way to win compared to grappling with its broken standup timers and poor posturing system. You want a comp players opinion? I have 120 days played. Probably as much as all the gcs...combined. Pressure has lowered the skill gap. If you can play footsies and throw a jab congrats your top 100.

P.s good things were said ehhhh? Like what ��

Last edited by 1212headkick; 05-02-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Theres alot of people on Reddit who bashed the **** out of how bad outside fighting it is. Literally just play a match throw mainly your jab and theyll immediately walk back to the cage and lean into a hook. Pressuring is the easiest way to win compared to grappling with its broken standup timers and poor posturing system. You want a comp players opinion? I have 120 days played. Probably as much as all the gcs...combined. Pressure has lowered the skill gap. If you can play footsies and throw a jab congrats your top 100.

P.s good things were said ehhhh? Like what ��
Best argument I’ve seen for sim and I agree.

Easy mode for pressure also lowers the skill gap. Things like false ranges and the auto zoom on a lot of strikes. Not to mention stamina on blocked strikes(although I understand it’s meant to help casuals as well). Yet the pressure crowd doesnt mind.

A lot of dudes won’t admit it but favoring pressure is 100% just their preference in playstyle. They want the game to cater to them and use their clout as a way to shape the game towards their style.

I agree 100% with Romero in that all styles should be viable.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:53 AM   #85
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207

Easy mode for pressure also lowers the skill gap. Things like false ranges and the auto zoom on a lot of strikes. Not to mention stamina on blocked strikes(although I understand it’s meant to help casuals as well). Yet the pressure crowd doesnt mind.

A lot of dudes won’t admit it but favoring pressure is 100% just their preference in playstyle. They want the game to cater to them and use their clout as a way to shape the game towards their style.

Not just viable, but viable using certain fighters and against certain fighters. In some cases not just viable, but practically obligatory. Not being able to trade blows with Ngannou untll you've figured out their pattern. Aholbert said it clearly though - we need to get more people behind the idea. Shall we make a post in the EA UFC subreddit ot something?

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 05-02-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 10:42 AM   #86
MVP

Quote:

100% this, you are a guy that know how the games works, what has to be done to counter cheesy strategy but don’t like at all having to play this kind of game.
What I don’t understand is how people know what is bad and what is good if we never had the game with proper realistic tools, I would love to see more sliders in the betalike, changing the combo speed, changing stamina on blocked strikes, changing striking range, disabling autotrack... we having this we could see how the game would work and choose from what we have now or a realistic paced game with all kind of styles available
Old 05-02-2019, 11:16 AM   #87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
100% this, you are a guy that know how the games works, what has to be done to counter cheesy strategy but don’t like at all having to play this kind of game.
What I don’t understand is how people know what is bad and what is good if we never had the game with proper realistic tools, I would love to see more sliders in the betalike, changing the combo speed, changing stamina on blocked strikes, changing striking range, disabling autotrack... we having this we could see how the game would work and choose from what we have now or a realistic paced game with all kind of styles available
When I did play ranked I utilized different kinds of fighters
Derrick Lewis
OSP
Gastelum
Usman
Iaquinta
Moicano
Jimmie Rivera
Juliana Pena
Claudia Galdelhia

So I have experience using all styles. A lot of comp players have one specific style they’re good at and they master it. Then they lobby for the game to cater to that style to help them in the name of “fun”.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 05-02-2019 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #88
MVP

Quote:
When I did play ranked I utilized different kinds of fighters
Derrick Lewis
OSP
Gastelum
Usman
Iaquinta
Moicano
Jimmie Rivera
Juliana Pena
Claudia Galdelhia

So I have experience using all styles. A lot of comp players have one specific style they’re good at and they master it. Then they lobby for the game to cater to that style to help them in the name of “fun”.
Me too I use
Lyoto
Yair
Gaethje
Juliana pena
Funk master
Till
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »