Home

Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

This is a discussion on Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
You miss the point.

When there is majority opinion here, he undermines it if sim.

When there is majority opinion with comp, he doesn't do the same... instead he uses it against us.

Why doesn't he use the same logic for sim majority opinions as he did for a majority comp position.

What are the scenarios where sim has pull. So far basically said comp and casuals have pull but disregards our input... So when does majority sim opinion have pull like the others?
Therein lies the issue - there isn't a majority sim, unfortunately. The majority of this forum may be sim, but even 100% of the forum is nothing compared to the total playerbase. That said, no matter how few the hardcore competitive players are, the devs will listen to them. Yep,it sucks. Our job is to convince a good chunk of the total playerbase to see the benefits of sim and demand that. Then there will be a majority and it will be sim and then even the competitive players won't be able to say anything. So we need to focus our energy on Reddit and let people know what's up.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:47 PM   #98
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Therein lies the issue - there isn't a majority sim, unfortunately. The majority of this forum may be sim, but even 100% of the forum is nothing compared to the total playerbase. That said, no matter how few the hardcore competitive players are, the devs will listen to them. Yep,it sucks. Our job is to convince a good chunk of the total playerbase to see the benefits of sim and demand that. Then there will be a majority and it will be sim and then even the competitive players won't be able to say anything. So we need to focus our energy on Reddit and let people know what's up.
You completely missed the point again.

I am saying when there is majority sim opinions here.. a consensus is demanded.

When there is consensus from comp that they don't like 'running'. no need for consensus then... Devs try to find a 'middle ground' by not having lateral sprint/circling at all to accommodate comp further... Lol that is not going by consensus nor a middle ground.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:50 PM   #99
MVP

Quote:
You completely missed the point again.

I am saying when there is majority sim opinions here.. a consensus is demanded.

When there is consensus from comp that they don't like 'running'. no need for consensus then... Devs try to find a 'middle ground' by not having lateral sprint/circling at all to accommodate comp further... Lol that is not going by consensus nor a middle ground.
Yes, that's what I said - they're privileged and entitled. The devs choose to listen to them. What we can do is get people on Reddit going, get them to learn of our ideas and push for them.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:56 PM   #100
MVP

Quote:
Yes, that's what I said - they're privileged and entitled. The devs choose to listen to them. What we can do is get people on Reddit going, get them to learn of our ideas and push for them.
You miss the point yet again.

What are the scenarios where sim has pull. If comp can come to their own consensus and it overrides everyone else opinion.. it's a divide and conquer tactic.

That's what you are missing. When you go to the reddit the same thing that happens here. You think reddit doesn't have majorities? Casuals have pull, comp has pull. What is sim's pull?

Otherwise this is clear discrimination and preferential treatment.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:03 PM   #101
Banned

John wtf are you talkin about now?

This game is clearly balanced between sim,comp, and casual as it is. You’re saying sim is being ignored because you arent getting everything you want.

Each group could complain of the same thing. Take a step back and try to be reasonable. Look at the direction the game is heading. It’s become more realistic with each version. So clearly we are being listened to at some level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 03:04 PM   #102
MVP

Quote:
You miss the point yet again.

What are the scenarios where sim has pull. If comp can come to their own consensus and it overrides everyone else opinion.. it's a divide and conquer tactic.

That's what you are missing. When you go to the reddit the same thing that happens here. You think reddit doesn't have majorities? Casuals have pull, comp has pull. What is sim's pull?

Otherwise this is clear discrimination and preferential treatment.
Well, the devs gave us movement buffs, UFC 3 is so much better than 2 because of realistic additions. They do try to cater to us somewhat as well. They try to keep everyone happy. Admittedly, we had to argue really hard for all of that. It wasn't easy. I agree, competitive players have pull and casuals bring in money. We don't fit in either of these categories. That's true. What we can try to do though, is convince the casuals that what we want will be beneficial for the game and for them also. Like it or not, that's what we can do.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:10 PM   #103
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Oh, there's worse than me.

Listen man - you and him both want the same thing. What he's telling you is that we need to get all these people that are not on OS on board. What you're doing is keep pitching ideas to aholbert (which is pointless) and he in turn tells you what the competitive players would say (which is also kinda pointless). What isn't pointless and you're ignoring is that he also told you what is actually likely to yield results - engaging the masses. Point is - none of that really matters unless we make people aware of our ideas. If they start demanding what we're demanding, then we have a chance. Posting on here alone appears to be largely ineffective when it comes to realism. That's all.
...and thats why I stopped responding to him about his ideas. Because it was pointless.

I'm good man. He responds to me because his ideas have no real traction and he needs to vent. The devs ignore his posts (he admitted so earlier). The other GC's rarely post here so he cant direct his anger at them. So he directs at me which is useless because I truly could care less. If anything, it will have the opposite effect and I'll just keep clowning him.

I get it though. Its frustrating as hell to make post after long post with gifs, drawing and charts and no one give a ****. Not one accomplishment (other than ensuring that Matt Serra was added to the game) That would piss me off too.

This dude is talking about "discrimination" in a video game. LOL. For real? Sometimes people need to step away from the keyboard and take a breather. That guy shouldve done that a while ago.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #104
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
He doesn't "use it against us", he tells us how the competitive players would react. They're the privileged ones and if they react negatively to a suggestion of ours the devs will listen to them. So he tells us what we're up against. From what I've learned, he's like the only gamechanger there who cares about realism and the ones who don't give a crap are the other 90%. What can he do? The thing is, if the mass player starts demanding more realism, even the competitive players won't be able to say anything since the market demands something different and EA has to go with that. That's what's it about.
Shoutout to MartialMind though. He pushes just as hard and sometimes even harder than me when it comes to realism based gameplay changes. Thats also not to say that the other GCs dont care at all about realism. They just dont all care as much as me or others here at OS and thats what causes the issues.

To your other point, I wont do this anymore. I'm not going to try to give this site perspective because there are some very vocal people here who are too stubborn to hear it.

Look at how this **** started. I made a throwaway line about how comp players will complain about circling. That was it. One line and it was based on my experience with comp fighters complaining about.....circling. I didnt say I agreed with it. I didnt say circling shouldnt be added. I just stated that comp players were going to complain about running.

All of this **** started from a throwaway line.

I'm the stats and AI GC. Thats my lane. So I'm gonna stay in my lane. If people have a question about that I'll try to answer it. If not, I'm not going to even address it.

Right now this forum gets pretty much zero consistent feedback from any of the devs or the other GCs about anything gameplay related and that will likely continue for a while. Probably until UFC4. So people like my friend can continue to post to their heart's content and continue to get zero feedback. If he's good with that, I'm good too.

With that said, continue to get a consensus Kingslayer. Take your posts to Reddit, Discord, Facebook....wherever. Get people behind your ideas. Devs cant ignore them if you get enough people behind it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »