Home

Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

This is a discussion on Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #433
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

The thing is, he's not trying to sway the meta. That forcefield glitch needs to be removed for sure, but probably won't until UFC 4. But if you take a look at the changes he mentioned a few pages back, they are actually pretty decent changes. It's nothing that would hinder outside fighting. Though he calls it running, he's not really against the outside fighting game.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #434
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Thats entirely not fair. As they scream we needd examples all the time. His best reason for no more tools was a sorry glitch? It sounds like he rages when people fight smart and call it running. Im a pressure fighter and I have 0 issues cutting off the cage and im top 100. Out of the long bs filled paragraphs all he had was a glitch? Really? That is worrysome. Because he will get the meta swayed based on emotion and not facts. Its basically punch flickers crying all over again. If your own game changers do a vid and they note most people struggle - theres an inherent problem. Same game changer liked my original ideaa "Ahhh the gustaffson". he originally supported it. The pressure fighter he faced was trash. He didnt work the jab well. He was easy to time. You guys are a mess. Theres definitely confirmation bias at play here
Come on man.

Like I disagree with him. Its documented here that I do. I also have hours of Slack chats that shows the same thing. With that said, "the glitch" isnt the only thing he's talked about in those posts.

I'll tell you what will happen if he posts videos like the ones I've seen. He will say 'here is an example of running". OS will say "that isnt "running", he's just fighting off of his back foot"......the end.

Other than issues around the edges, neither side is going to agree on this subject.

I've been arguing about it for over a year and those guys havent moved off their position.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:10 PM   #435
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Come on man.

Like I disagree with him. Its documented here that I do. I also have hours of Slack chats that shows the same thing. With that said, "the glitch" isnt the only thing he's talked about in those posts.

I'll tell you what will happen if he posts videos like the ones I've seen. He will say 'here is an example of running". OS will say "that isnt "running", he's just fighting off of his back foot"......the end.

Other than issues around the edges, neither side is going to agree on this subject.

I've been arguing about it for over a year and those guys havent moved off their position.
You can get the same glitch if someone blocks and you hit them with a lunging jab. Guess what they go all the way back to the cage. So it’s not a tactic being used to run. It’s a problem with the physics engine. They need to show evidence prove their claims. They are subject to scrutiny as much as the comp side. They want an arcade game. Most mma fans don’t. Boom roasted

Last edited by 1212headkick; 05-15-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2019, 01:54 PM   #436
Banned

Why doesn’t ea just do a survey on it? They do them all the time. Ask us why we want for a change
Old 05-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #437
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
You can get the same glitch if someone blocks and you hit them with a lunging jab. Guess what they go all the way back to the cage. So it’s not a tactic being used to run. It’s a problem with the physics engine. They need to show evidence prove their claims. They are subject to scrutiny as much as the comp side. They want an arcade game. Most mma fans don’t. Boom roasted
I'm not talking about the glitch. I'm talking about the fact that you are claiming all he has presented is the glitch which isnt true.

I dont care if he posts a video or not but lets be real. Your mind isnt going to changes because of the video. You arent going to say "You know what Zombie....that video showed me that running is an issue".

I've seen the videos....its not "running" as it would be defined by anyone here. I dont consider it to be "running" at all. Its not about him showing videos of running.

But here is what's interesting about you. You dont seem to have the want or ability to comprehend long posts. For example, Zombie posted this as a part of his solution:

So off the top of my head, I would suggest the following:
Decrease the recovery frames on lunges (let fighters recover faster so they can change walking directions faster)

Increase movement speed for fighters who are not guarding

Slow movement speed for fighters who are guarding

Fix "blowback" / "forcefield" / "magic angle" bugs that cause space to be created out of thin air when using fwd strikes vs a backward moving opponent

Disable haptic feedback in ranked modes (this is intended for disabled persons and abused in a competitive setting to block all strikes before they can be seen)

Enable slips immediately after feinting (this is impossible now) to draw out planted strikes & the slip straight and counter them better

Optionally, require moving fighters to stop moving manually (let go of the stick) to check leg kicks (the game automatically stops you right now) - I feel this might make leg kicks more viable against people hellbent on running

If you were truly interested in debating him, you wouldve read that post and responded with reasons why you agree or dont. But you didnt. You just called his entire post BS and focused on one video he posted.

This isnt the first time you've done this. You didnt read the Reddit posts you were posting over a week ago. Now maybe you are an extremely busy guy who doesnt have time to read long posts. Maybe you read it but arent really interested in having a real debate about this issue. Maybe you struggle with reading and long posts intimidate you.

Whatever the reason, it doesnt help with the discussion when you take part in the argument but completely ignore what the other side is saying.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:16 PM   #438
Pro

Quote:
1. It's a problem that affect both sides, magnetic striking was a big issue.
2. They are the comp side.
3. You haven't roasted anyone.

Before you say am a pressure sympathieser or some other term you can literally see me argue against it. John has done a great job and so has Haz. But for some reason your being hostile, ignoring all points and just spoiting the same stuff, grow up and actually speak like an adult and you might get some where..

Last edited by Lauriedr1ver; 05-15-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:13 AM   #439
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
The thing is, he's not trying to sway the meta. That forcefield glitch needs to be removed for sure, but probably won't until UFC 4. But if you take a look at the changes he mentioned a few pages back, they are actually pretty decent changes. It's nothing that would hinder outside fighting. Though he calls it running, he's not really against the outside fighting game.

Very well stated, I want outside fighting to be viable, and I think your question about what changes I would make highlight that point better than me just insisting I want outside fighting to be viable. Because it is so easy for people to just say "Nah, he wants every fight to be a pressure-fighting barn burner" and it's hard to really refute. Perhaps listing out all the ways pressure is already punished was the wrong way to go and I should have just started out by listing the changes I'd like to see regarding movement and range.

And I also think I should have framed the dialogue more like "how to improve footwork and range-finding" rather than the "offense vs defense" paradigm we have going now. Because ultimately what I'd like to see is NOT the dominance of pressure over defense. I want to see more movement tools in the game to help people cut angles and distance & the removal of bugs and exploits (namely the forcefield bug and haptic feedback) that act as unrealistic crutches for players who want to run.

I think some people conflate my hostility with the abuse of bugs / haptic feedback and the general lack of movement tools with a disdain for outside fighting in general, and that isn't accurate. I'm glad at least you made the distinction. I do think aggressors lack tools to get in via movement alone. So I'd like to see more movement tools to strategically cut the cage, but that's not remotely the same as wanting pressure fighting to be dominant.

To reiterate for everyone else, here is what I'd like to see done:
  • Decrease the recovery frames on lunges (let fighters recover faster so they can change walking directions faster)
  • Increase movement speed for fighters who are not guarding
  • Slow movement speed for fighters who are guarding
  • Fix "blowback" / "forcefield" / "magic angle" bugs that cause space to be created out of thin air when using fwd strikes vs a backward moving opponent
  • Disable haptic feedback in ranked modes (this is intended for disabled persons and abused in a competitive setting to block all strikes before they can be seen)
  • Enable slips immediately after feinting (this is impossible now) to draw out planted strikes and counter them better
  • Optionally, require moving fighters to stop moving manually (let go of the stick) to check leg kicks (the game automatically stops you right now) - I feel this might make leg kicks more viable against people hellbent on running
Too much of this discussion becomes a tit for tat debate about pressure vs defense, and we get into all sorts of philosophical quandaries that go off into the weeds. That's initially why I wanted to stay focused on mechanics, but I think I should have just listed the changes I'd like to see from the get-go.

Also, thank you AHolbert. I post one short clip of an egregious bug that screws up rangefinding and that's all 1212 focuses on, despite me laying out exactly what my issues are and what changes I want. And yet he wants me to post a full length video just so he can sit back and criticize how I play. Not going to give him fuel for the fire.

We can talk about mechanics and I'm more than happy to. I'd be curious to hear if anyone in this thread is opposed to the changes I suggested. As I said before, I think most of the changes would help movement all-around, not just offensive movement. And if anyone wants to hold onto the blowback bug or haptic feedback, then I don't know what to tell them.

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 05-16-2019 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:41 AM   #440
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel

Very well stated, I want outside fighting to be viable, and I think your question about what changes I would make highlight that point better than me just insisting I want outside fighting to be viable. Because it is so easy for people to just say "Nah, he wants every fight to be a pressure-fighting barn burner" and it's hard to really refute. Perhaps listing out all the ways pressure is already punished was the wrong way to go and I should have just started out by listing the changes I'd like to see regarding movement and range.

And I also think I should have framed the dialogue more like "how to improve footwork and range-finding" rather than the "offense vs defense" paradigm we have going now. Because ultimately what I'd like to see is NOT the dominance of pressure over defense. I want to see more movement tools in the game to help people cut angles and distance & the removal of bugs and exploits (namely the forcefield bug and haptic feedback) that act as unrealistic crutches for players who want to run.

I think some people conflate my hostility with the abuse of bugs / haptic feedback and the general lack of movement tools with a disdain for outside fighting in general, and that isn't accurate. I'm glad at least you made the distinction. I do think aggressors lack tools to get in via movement alone. So I'd like to see more movement tools to strategically cut the cage, but that's not remotely the same as wanting pressure fighting to be dominant.

To reiterate for everyone else, here is what I'd like to see done:
  • Decrease the recovery frames on lunges (let fighters recover faster so they can change walking directions faster)
  • Increase movement speed for fighters who are not guarding
  • Slow movement speed for fighters who are guarding
  • Fix "blowback" / "forcefield" / "magic angle" bugs that cause space to be created out of thin air when using fwd strikes vs a backward moving opponent
  • Disable haptic feedback in ranked modes (this is intended for disabled persons and abused in a competitive setting to block all strikes before they can be seen)
  • Enable slips immediately after feinting (this is impossible now) to draw out planted strikes and counter them better
  • Optionally, require moving fighters to stop moving manually (let go of the stick) to check leg kicks (the game automatically stops you right now) - I feel this might make leg kicks more viable against people hellbent on running
Too much of this discussion becomes a tit for tat debate about pressure vs defense, and we get into all sorts of philosophical quandaries that go off into the weeds. That's initially why I wanted to stay focused on mechanics, but I think I should have just listed the changes I'd like to see from the get-go.

Also, thank you AHolbert. I post one short clip of an egregious bug that screws up rangefinding and that's all 1212 focuses on, despite me laying out exactly what my issues are and what changes I want. And yet he wants me to post a full length video just so he can sit back and criticize how I play. Not going to give him fuel for the fire.

We can talk about mechanics and I'm more than happy to. I'd be curious to hear if anyone in this thread is opposed to the changes I suggested. As I said before, I think most of the changes would help movement all-around, not just offensive movement. And if anyone wants to hold onto the blowback bug or haptic feedback, then I don't know what to tell them.

I’m all for getting rid of cheaters and equal footing for both players. But I am not for your “just take my word for it approach” because we’re on the same skill level. For you to propose an argument with 0 evidence means absolutely nothing. I lose to runners to but the matter of the fact is I enjoy people who make me earn what I get. If he’s running what about your style isn’t he respecting. I don’t believe what I hear and only half of what I see. You come here telling a struggling community their opinions are invalid. Well guess what. They are valid. I know. I play at the highest levels. Am an esfl competitor. If you’d listen to the little guy and try to put your ego aside you’d learn something. Mentally runners are able to get over on you because you let them. The only thing you need to do is be first. If they’re running your giving them too much time to think. I understand what your saying and I’m not saying we’re on completely opposite sides of the coin but your completely left field of what the community wants on outside fighting because of the narrative your choosing to dictate to everyone. The more realistic the game gets the more balanced it will be as well. That’s where the logic lies. Can these techniques be done in real life? And what are asking for - absolutely. Maybe you should truely dedicate time to this game and re-evaluate what you think you know. Show a video. We’ve had to since day one(realism side).
It’s time to prove your claims man. There’s 44 pages of conversation saying the movement and pressure is the problem. If you jab pressure you’ll win 90% of your matches. Use the lunging punches to make your opponent expose themselves to vulnerability faster. If they’re on the cage keep them there with the lunging jab. I want the very best for this community. Right now you want a meta that suits a select few. That’s why head hunting is prominent and body shots are complete dog **** and there’s no lateral shuffle step. Pressure needs absolutely no tools or buffs because if your jab efficientl you’ll put pressure on someone they never thought existes

Last edited by 1212headkick; 05-16-2019 at 05:20 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »