Home

So...Import PES?

This is a discussion on So...Import PES? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: So...Import PES?

So what is the benefit of UK OF over US OF? Is it because UK OF come out faster? Is UK OF better at getting whole leagues, faces, etc.?

I really want to get PES 2012 but I still don't know if I want to import or not. I want to play online and would prefer a domestic (US) server, and I also would want an MLS OF, so it seems I should go with the NA release. But are UK OFs that much better that I should get an EU sku anyway?
Old 09-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 7

I'm guessing it is likely for an American to make an MLS option file. But is it possible to get that OF and combine it with a Bundesliga option file made from some guy in the UK without deleting the former? Sorry about the repetitive questions, I'm just really confused about how exactly OFs work on the next-gen consoles.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #11
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclownprince
So what is the benefit of UK OF over US OF? Is it because UK OF come out faster? Is UK OF better at getting whole leagues, faces, etc.?

I really want to get PES 2012 but I still don't know if I want to import or not. I want to play online and would prefer a domestic (US) server, and I also would want an MLS OF, so it seems I should go with the NA release. But are UK OFs that much better that I should get an EU sku anyway?
The benefit is that more people will buy it in UK and Euro which means more variety of option files will be created. Over in the NA some people work it, Pelegrini and Mrgametight are some of the few that did it for the PS3. We will know more by the time the game comes out, I am pretty sure this game will gain a big fan-base so we will some great productions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
I'm guessing it is likely for an American to make an MLS option file. But is it possible to get that OF and combine it with a Bundesliga option file made from some guy in the UK without deleting the former? Sorry about the repetitive questions, I'm just really confused about how exactly OFs work on the next-gen consoles.
You can combine but Konami screwed us by not making the option files region free for PS3, it's region free for 360 though. So you just have to wait until someone in NA finishes one. WENB releases an option every year but that is only in the UK and Europe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #12
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
You can combine but Konami screwed us by not making the option files region free for PS3, it's region free for 360 though. So you just have to wait until someone in NA finishes one. WENB releases an option every year but that is only in the UK and Europe.
I don't know if it's Konami screwing us exactly. They have different versions of the game due to languages (ie: no need for Italian and Polish here in NA) so that causes the issues. I think it might be as much a Sony thing as anything.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

So if i get the 360 US version I can use an option file from the UK if I wanted to?
Old 09-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
So if i get the 360 US version I can use an option file from the UK if I wanted to?
Yes, but be aware the 360 option files last year weren't as complex and well done as the PS3 ones. If I had both systems, I'd get this on PS3 without question.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #15
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

best OF coming from the UK is very subjective. To each his own I suppose. Connoll here on OS, makes an excellent MLS option file for the NA version that I consider to be the best. Even the euro leagues and the national teams are well done and he's a details guy. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Since I follow the Mexican league as well, I always look to the community over at wemexico or pesonlinemexico for good Mexican league files.

However, regarding MLS, there is one dude from the UK that is a fan of MLS and he made and MLS option file on the UK version. I read good things about it. I think he got a lot of tips, and info from connoll as well as others to make it. You can find it at pesgaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #16
Rookie

richie923's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't doubt that his option file is great but if it doesn't have the EPL then it won't appeal to many fans. A lot of people want to see the EPL teams more than anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »