Home

Madden would be getting "LIVED"!!!

This is a discussion on Madden would be getting "LIVED"!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden would be getting "LIVED"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That's logical. I could see that. However, imo, EA's hold on the NFL license is indefinite.
LOL...unfortunatley thats probably true.........
Old 02-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #34
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
I disagree. When the Market is that big, and Madden has that kind of name recognition, something that Live didn't approach, and Madden has that kind of marketshare over that size of a market, means it would have been that mucn more difficult to overcome. Plus I believe EA would have gone to great lengths to protect their ownership of a market that size with much higher production budgets and being more aggressive towards being innovative.
still BK, Live was normally a top 20 game. Top twenty out of HUNDREDS of games that come out in a given year. Yeah, Madden is huge, but I don't believe EA in any way took the sales of a consistent top 20 seller lightly. I'm quite sure they tried their best to stay on top of the #2 sports market...as a matter of fact, with no exclusitivity to hide behind I'd wager they were even more concerened with the evolution of Live vs the advancement of Madden.

Didn't matter tho...their product still sucked bawls. I honestly think that EA's powers that be are more afraid of alienating their fanbase than pissing off the 20% of their consumers who didn't like the product. That will probably never change. Weak sales is the only cure (Triple-Play), and we know the Maddenites will never allow that to happen. "Fatigue? We got 50 bucks on the table, homie...it's gametime!!!" LOL, I doubt the masses even noticed...
Old 02-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #35
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
LOL...unfortunatley thats probably true.........
It truly is unfortunate. I can see the logic of it from EA's perspective, but damn, exclusive licensing is a real kick to the groin to gamers.

Last edited by bkrich83; 02-20-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2007, 11:56 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
still BK, Live was normally a top 20 game. Top twenty out of HUNDREDS of games that come out in a given year. Yeah, Madden is huge, but I don't believe EA in any way took the sales of a consistent top 20 seller lightly. I'm quite sure they tried their best to stay on top of the #2 sports market...as a matter of fact, with no exclusitivity to hide behind I'd wager they were even more concerened with the evolution of Live vs the advancement of Madden.

Didn't matter tho...their product still sucked bawls. I honestly think that EA's powers that be are more afraid of alienating their fanbase than pissing off the 20% of their consumers who didn't like the product. That will probably never change. Weak sales is the only cure (Triple-Play), and we know the Maddenites will never allow that to happen. "Who needs fatigue? We got 50 bucks on the table, homie...it's gametime!!!"
I see where you are coming from. I agree on Live sucking, but in reality I haven't liked NBA Live since the PC version of NBA Live 95.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:01 AM   #37
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

Quote:
I see where you are coming from. I agree on Live sucking, but in reality I haven't liked NBA Live since the PC version of NBA Live 95.
I though 04 and 05 were pretty good...too bad VC came in, took all of their great ideas and control innovations, and ran with them. Ran AWAY with them I should say. Pretty funny that VC has out-refined EA's own advancements.

BTW, love the sig/avatar. Funny, yet very sad.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:03 AM   #38
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy

BTW, love the sig/avatar. Funny, yet very sad.
Being a Charger fan sucks balls worse than being stuck playing NBA Live.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #39
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

Quote:
Being a Charger fan sucks balls worse than being stuck playing NBA Live.
Lol...so true.

F' the Alamo..."Remember the Superbowl"
Old 02-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Madden on the PS2 was an institution tho. Everybody I knew had that game and LOVED it(especially the 04 version which I thought was crap). You had the buttons, the techniques, the playbooks down.

Madden on the PS3/360 is a whole different ball game. The game doesn't resemble it's PS2 counterpart much but isn't much of a sim either. It's just kinda in the middle.....without the features that came in the current gen version. I really, really believe people will eventually buy the game that is most fun to them.

Look at the PS3 numbers.....there still not mindblowing and I think that hurts Madden alot. People aren't getting a PS2 and Madden every year in droves anymore. I remember when people used to get NBA Live and NHL Hockey for the PS1 no questions asked.....look where they are now.

I agree... it's a whole new ball game on Next Gen systems. I considered myself a PS2 guy. I never even considered an XBox. Sony had a strangle hold on the masses. Well once the Next Gen systems came out I got an Xbox 360. I'm very happy with it and not even thinking about Sony PS3 at this time. Same with Madden and Live. They both had the numbers back in the day. But they will have to compete for the Next Gen Sales and 2K has put out much better games and is getting mad props as of late.

Last edited by newgen1; 02-21-2007 at 10:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »