Home

More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

This is a discussion on More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2004, 07:10 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

edubbs said:
Sliders don't effect online games...

Ok. I don't play online so that isn't a factor for me.

Any particular reason why you don't play online?
Old 05-19-2004, 07:12 PM   #50
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

edubbs said:
Sliders don't effect online games...

Ok. I don't play online so that isn't a factor for me.

Any particular reason why you don't play online?

Because my mom or dad won't let me use their credit card to sign up for xbox live.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:46 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 21

I may be way off base, but I agree with they guys above who said these guys look like Madden players. Every year, I read some Madden fans say that they're getting sacked too much. The key is to take a 3 or a 5 step drop, whichever the play calls for (you can tell from the number in the name of the play), and get rid of the ball. If you keep dropping back or go out of the pocket on a non-rollout play, you're doomed in the ESPN series. If you do the same thing in Madden, you can have all day to throw.

So in other words, one of the things I hate most about Madden is what makes ESPN so great. Plays in Madden aren't designed to have the QB unload after a 3 or a 5 step drop. In ESPN, they are. Guys that can't or don't figure that out are going to get sacked all day. I know OS has a lot of mods who love ESPN and know how to play, so I'm not sure what to think here. Maybe they got used to the Madden style of play again at E3 and had trouble making the switch between styles whenever they went back to ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 07:52 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 6

In these vids Leftwich is taking 10 step drops because there is no oline and the D is just in a sprint at him. It can be fixed tho.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:03 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Like I said earlier, in a WAY, I'm VERY happy for that intense pressure in 2 player games.

1) You will have a QB evade button, USE it
2) No more dropping back for 20 and 30 yds to hit guys on corner routes. Make your reads before hand, step up in the pocket and deliver the pass.

In the end, all they need is to at least let the offensive lineman get a hand on the defender, but still let his momentum carry him. If you notice the vids, the Dline pressure gets really crazy because they drop back rather far. If this is the reason for the Dline pressure, I have no problems with it at all.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:15 PM   #54
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

I disagree with some people here. The guy is dropping back so far becasue after his 3-5 drop step he is shaking hands with a defender. There was one play where the defender literaly dove past the o-line and sacked the QB.

This doesn't have anything to do with a QB evade button because i dont know any QB's who can evade when the dline is the backfield after 1 step.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:20 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 21

Actually, I disagree. Taking a 3 step drop and throwing means just that. In these videos, it seemed like the QB would begin to scramble DURING the drop back a lot of times. That gets you into trouble in ESPN. In Madden, it's the norm for some people. Two completely different styles, and someone who is used to Madden has trouble adjusting at least at first, in my experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 08:21 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Erratic said:
I disagree with some people here. The guy is dropping back so far becasue after his 3-5 drop step he is shaking hands with a defender. There was one play where the defender literaly dove past the o-line and sacked the QB.

This doesn't have anything to do with a QB evade button because i dont know any QB's who can evade when the dline is the backfield after 1 step.

I see several portions in that movie where the QB DOES have time to throw EVEN when he's dropping back like that. The times he doesn't is when the other user is controlling the Dline. You know what you do when a Dline is getting on your QB like that don't you? You move the pocket. Roll outs. And if Pre Snap reads, and having a hot receiver are to mean anything in a football game, well these clips paint the picture perfectly. Lock onto 1 WR and wait till he gets open you dig your own grave. And I'm sorry, whatever happened to if the Dline is getting that kinda pressure, audible to my RB's to block?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »