Home

More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

This is a discussion on More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2004, 08:27 PM   #57
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

this is for my boy goob...

Quote:

2. QB still "flips around" back and forth when dropping back if you move teh stick side to side. It would be better if he constantly kept himself facing the LOS and just backpeddled left or ran foraward right, but always facing ahead.

This is just not using the analog stick correctly. If you move back slowly as most QBs would when dropping and looking for a WR then they won't turn around at all. Personally I'd recommend letting the CPU do the drop. If you push all the way back on the analog that's like running (this is true for any player). so it's like you're walking away from me then turn all the way around and sprint towards me which is why the QB turns around as you describe. Remember the stick is pressure sensative.

My impression on the pocket or time you have in it, it's fine as is. Someone just mentioned that after 3 or 5 the D is in the QB's face so they have to run. Well after 3 or 5 they should be getting rid of the ball so that's fine. There are also times when D's get in there before you can get 5 steps off. My thought is whoever was playing was blitzing heavy. Most blitzes are designed to get at the QB and confuse the Oline. If the QB audibles out to a run, maybe does playaction, whatever then they may be fine. He also probably could've hit some hot routes to expose the blitz like they'd do in the NFL. Watch any skins games last year? Confused QBs when the Oline gets blitzed heavy go down. This year the flat passes kill the blitz and that probably would work too but it looks like the other safety routes will be more important to keep the D honest which is great.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:28 PM   #58
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

lol, the last few statements sound as close-minded as some madden fans comments at times. I dont think you understand or perhaps saw the videos. The dline is playing patty-cake with the QB after he hikes it. Hmm let me put it another way. The DT is wiping his hands on the QB's towel after the snap, how about the DE just ran by the OG and zipped up the QB's fly (tied the laces, whatever) and than preceded to sack him. Do you realise how many sacks there were in a game with 2minute quaters, its crazy. Yeah the QB is running lack a madman becasue he is in fear for his life. The QB was having sex with the round all game and some of you choose to say everything is peechy. (you, i just said peechy)

Lets not kid ourselves here, if the game were released today, lots of people wouldn't be satisfied with that kind of o-line performance. Especially the online players.

It seems like some of you want to be so loyal to Sega/VC that you want to ignore negative aspects of the vid. Isn't constructive criticism what makes games better.

The current staturs of the oline is poor imo and needs to be tweaked.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:33 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

wwharton said:

Quote:

2. QB still "flips around" back and forth when dropping back if you move teh stick side to side. It would be better if he constantly kept himself facing the LOS and just backpeddled left or ran foraward right, but always facing ahead.

This is just not using the analog stick correctly. If you move back slowly as most QBs would when dropping and looking for a WR then they won't turn around at all. Personally I'd recommend letting the CPU do the drop. If you push all the way back on the analog that's like running (this is true for any player). so it's like you're walking away from me then turn all the way around and sprint towards me which is why the QB turns around as you describe. Remember the stick is pressure sensative.

My impression on the pocket or time you have in it, it's fine as is. Someone just mentioned that after 3 or 5 the D is in the QB's face so they have to run. Well after 3 or 5 they should be getting rid of the ball so that's fine. There are also times when D's get in there before you can get 5 steps off. My thought is whoever was playing was blitzing heavy. Most blitzes are designed to get at the QB and confuse the Oline. If the QB audibles out to a run, maybe does playaction, whatever then they may be fine. He also probably could've hit some hot routes to expose the blitz like they'd do in the NFL. Watch any skins games last year? Confused QBs when the Oline gets blitzed heavy go down. This year the flat passes kill the blitz and that probably would work too but it looks like the other safety routes will be more important to keep the D honest which is great.

Yes. Like I said above, IF having a hot WR is to mean anything in a football game then these vids paint the picture perfectly as to the reason why you should have one. And since alot of what we see is the result of blitzes, then what's the problem? Blitzes are quick. When someone sends the house you gotta get rid of it quickly. Lastly, VC has been trying to get this through to the gamer for years. The passing game is not a matter of chuck it up. It's a rhythm based passing system, but people have been trying to play it chuck it up, which is the reason why people drop back for 20 and 30 yds and just chuck. Hopefully those days are GONE.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:35 PM   #60
Pro

Erratic's Arena

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

wwharton said:

Quote:

Yes. Like I said above, IF having a hot WR is to mean anything in a football game then these vids paint the picture perfectly as to the reason why you should have one. And since alot of what we see is the result of blitzes, then what's the problem? Blitzes are quick. When someone sends the house you gotta get rid of it quickly. Lastly, VC has been trying to get this through to the gamer for years. The passing game is not a matter of chuck it up. It's a rhythm based passing system, but people have been trying to play it chuck it up, which is the reason why people drop back for 20 and 30 yds and just chuck. Hopefully those days are GONE.

Lol now i know you didn't watch the vid . The Dline was sacking the QB often when they sent no one. a 4 man rush was raping the QB. Its mind boggling how blind people can be when they feel loyal to a company.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:38 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Erratic said:
lol, the last few statements sound as close-minded as some madden fans comments at times. I dont think you understand or perhaps saw the videos. The dline is playing patty-cake with the QB after he hikes it. Hmm let me put it another way. The DT is wiping his hands on the QB's towel after the snap, how about the DE just ran by the OG and zipped up the QB's fly (tied the laces, whatever) and than preceded to sack him. Do you realise how many sacks there were in a game with 2minute quaters, its crazy. Yeah the QB is running lack a madman becasue he is in fear for his life. The QB was having sex with the round all game and some of you choose to say everything is peechy. (you, i just said peechy)

Lets not kid ourselves here, if the game were released today, lots of people wouldn't be satisfied with that kind of o-line performance. Especially the online players.

It seems like some of you want to be so loyal to Sega/VC that you want to ignore negative aspects of the vid. Isn't constructive criticism what makes games better.

The current staturs of the oline is poor imo and needs to be tweaked.

Close-minded? No, just a different perspective of what I see in the videos. There are things a user can do to prevent that type of rush, that's what our argument is. Nothing has been shown to weaken that claim. Is the rush quick? Yes. Frankly we can go at this all day. Is the QB dropping like that because of the Dline pressure or is the Dline getting that type of pressure because the QB is dropping like that? It's the old was the chicken first or the egg? Why did I take the perspective that I took? I did so because I know in this year's game, if you drop like that the Dline will hop off their blocks quick, but they don't get to the QB as fast in 2004. I think the insane pressure is a remedy for people who try to play the game that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 08:41 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Lol now i know you didn't watch the vid

Really?? I didn't watch the vids, I guess my comments on the earlier pages were just me pulling something out... of well anyways. Like I said, I'm all for it especially as something that addresses the people who drop back 20 and 30 yds.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:45 PM   #63
Pro

Erratic's Arena

Quote:

Is the QB dropping like that because of the Dline pressure or is the Dline getting that type of pressure because the QB is dropping like that?

I would answer this question based on previous plays. There have been instances where the QB was sacked in the middle of his drop, for example step 1 of 3 he was sacked. I would now assume that based off these instances of pressure the QB fades back to avoid the pressure and that he would have been sacked if he had not faded back.

However we wont and cant know based on these vids since he faded back, but like i said based on previous plays i came to certain assumptions.

I agree that a player should be able to drop back like that and pass, that why i dislike madden for 1 reason, but the instances where a QB is sacked in mid step with a 4 man rush in a game with 2 minute quarters is not good imo. I suppose it would be helpful if fetter or some other OS guys could comment on this but oh well.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:03 PM   #64
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

LBzrule said:
In the end, all they need is to at least let the offensive lineman get a hand on the defender, but still let his momentum carry him.

Thats the bottomline. The Olinemen need to make some kind of attempt to block the damn defender. Period! Regardless of how good or bad that Olinemen is. His azz would not be in the NFL at all if he ever did that crap that happens in 2k4 where they watch a defender blow past em and crush the qb or even worse..****n right alongside the defender without so much as a shove to knock that bastard off his collision path with the QB.

I don't mind having to use the qb evade button or staying in the pocket...hel, I'm not a 15-20 yd drop type player anyway. I always use the pocket. But dammit...those Olinmen better look like nfl starters and actually make an attempt to block. Period. Sliders might be able to mask some AI issues...but they do little for AR...Artificial ******ation and thats exactly what happens in 2k4 all to often in terms of pass blocking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »