Home

ESPN 2K12 Rosters by Rickster101

This is a discussion on ESPN 2K12 Rosters by Rickster101 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #89
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ESPN 2K12 Rosters by Rickster101

Great work and much props for keeping the NFL alive for all of us sim gamers!

I know that the Franchise file is not complete yet, but just wanted to give a heads up if this was already checked off on the list.

Are you planning to address the individual player's physical appearances? (i.e. gear, skin color, face, build, etc...) If so, the Bills TE Chandler is a white guy in real life and he's black in the game. Also, Steve Johnson does not have dreads in real life and he does in this file; same with facemask.

Another question is in reference to wildcat formations. Brad Smith QB/WR is the guy we use for the wildcat. This file has him as a WR. Shouldn't he be put as a QB?

I just wanted to share my findings to give an FYI, not being picky. I can make my own changes to the file using Finn's editor, but just wanted to share my findings.

Speaking of findings, when loading the franchise file into Finn's editor it says that there is something wrong with the file and that the players need to be re-assigned. Is this normal?

GREAT JOB and THANKS A MILLION!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #90
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Are you planning to address the individual player's physical appearances? (i.e. gear, skin color, face, build, etc...) If so, the Bills TE Chandler is a white guy in real life and he's black in the game. Also, Steve Johnson does not have dreads in real life and he does in this file; same with facemask.

Good calls. I'll change it in the version I plan to send back to Rickster soon.

Another question is in reference to wildcat formations. Brad Smith QB/WR is the guy we use for the wildcat. This file has him as a WR. Shouldn't he be put as a QB?

Was he a QB or WR in college? If he was a QB, it should be changed. If he is a WR, he should just be subbed.

I just wanted to share my findings to give an FYI, not being picky. I can make my own changes to the file using Finn's editor, but just wanted to share my findings.

No problem. Big difference between a helpful comment and one that is just a slam. Thanks.

Speaking of findings, when loading the franchise file into Finn's editor it says that there is something wrong with the file and that the players need to be re-assigned. Is this normal?

It happened when I was messing with the file. Just allow the "fix" and save it. You should be fine. I didn't notice that until I opened it after I posted it.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #91
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26

Was he a QB or WR in college? If he was a QB, it should be changed. If he is a WR, he should just be subbed.
Great feedback...

Brad Smith was a QB in college, but I wouldn't mind keeping him as a WR if I knew how to sub him in as a QB. The only Wildcat-like formation that I could find is from the Shotgun 4 wide 1 RB where you do a QB draw.

Do you guys have any Wildcat-like formations that we can utilize in the game?

I am always willing to help if there is ever a need. I'm an IT Manager who is more than willing to provide support during my limited downtime if ever needed.

Thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #92
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javo007
Great feedback...

Brad Smith was a QB in college, but I wouldn't mind keeping him as a WR if I knew how to sub him in as a QB. The only Wildcat-like formation that I could find is from the Shotgun 4 wide 1 RB where you do a QB draw.

Do you guys have any Wildcat-like formations that we can utilize in the game?

I am always willing to help if there is ever a need. I'm an IT Manager who is more than willing to provide support during my limited downtime if ever needed.

Thanks again!

Greetings, about that Wildcat formation it appears that shotgun formation is about the closest one to it with that 1 RB when the game came out it wasn't being used.

I myself never cared much for it so on my part didn't miss it, I'm not certain but if theres a play editor in the game perhaps one could be created but thats a long shot seeing I've never heard or seen it as feature in this game but you can check and see.

Also two way players are uncommon in this game like a lot of console video football games so we're just limited on how much we can do on that end I've only seen them in sim style pc versions which go deeper into micro management of players and their assignments.

Oh about Chandler I did make the change in my copy but didn't get the word out to Dolphin since we were focused on the franchise file settings for game play and other priority issues I'm sure you guys can handle something like that should you come across it right now I'm busy looking at player salary issues and let me tell you compared to that changing that extra uni stuff is a piece of cake try to negotiate contracts with players....it ain't easy!

Thanks for the observations we can always use the support to get things right and appreciate this kind of post it is helpful plus we just might need a guy like you who is will to get involved.

The Boss...Lead Man
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 09-30-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #93
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Ok whats goin' on sport fans,I got a few pms and emails about "Da Bears" defense being well a bit weak and took a look at some things so I did some tweaking with the roster and wanted to post some tweaks I did to them.

This is not the final so do not expect every team here to be updated its just a small test sample featuring an improved Bears defense and its nothing drastic just a minor upgrade to test them out.

I used date from Pro Football Weekly stats base. If I get enough feed back and it works fine I'll get the figures to Dolphin and we'll see about getting it in the Franchise....Bears fans let me hear from you.

Also some players added to the Miami Dolphins roster that were missing and other items mentioned here in an earlier post by Javo007.

This is the "Roster" only for test purposes.

The Boss...Lead Man
Rickster101
Attached Files
File Type: zip 17BA167E9BEA.zip (248.1 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Rickster101; 09-30-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone able to convert this to ps3, my buddies and I are dying to play lol and it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaOso
There is a PS2 version of the file at the www.nfl2k5rosters.com website. I downloaded it using the max drive and it works fine. I'm sure when the final version is released a final PS2 version will be posted at the site.

By the the way, thanks to Rickster, Dolphin, and all the other guys for putting this roster out there.
Damn, i used the max drive for that one also but it keeps freezing on me just before i can get into the game. (when Berman is talking)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #96
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakan723
Damn, i used the max drive for that one also but it keeps freezing on me just before i can get into the game. (when Berman is talking)

Are you trying to use a "Roster" file for a franchise?

If it says roster file then its a roster file, the file is what it is, read before using it if its a franchise file then its a "FRANCHISE" file.

The Boss...Lead Man
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »