Home

The Chronicles of Rock: Part II

This is a discussion on The Chronicles of Rock: Part II within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #33
Rookie

iou1's Arena

OVR: 0

UPDATE
Pre-Game Roster Information: vs PRINCETON

Our defense was dealt another blow when starting MLB Glen Dorris suffered a broken jaw against Navy. On the season, the junior from Marietta, GA has 33 tackles (7 for loss), 2 sacks, an interception, 3 pass deflections, 2 forced fumbles and a recorded safety. He was also selected to replace the already injured Berry as our Defensive Captain...we will miss him greatly during the stretch run to close our season. Fellow junior Matthew Thomas will replace Dorris in the starting lineup. Otherwise, Berry is still 5 weeks out on his separated shoulder and Ehrlich's wrist isn't going to be ready to go for another 7. Basically, these 3 guys are out for the season. On the bright side...at least none of our guys are getting into Academic Trouble or having Conduct Issues.

- INJURY REPORT -

Andrew Berry, JR - Cornerback
Separated Shoulder - 5 Weeks

Glen Dorris, JR - Middle Linebacker
Broken Jaw- 7 Weeks

Carl Ehrlich, JR - Defensive Tackle
Broken Wrist- 7 Weeks

- CONDUCT REPORT -
NONE
Old 11-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #34
Rookie

iou1's Arena

Tigers Take Bite Outta Crimson
Princeton, Mathews Shred Harvard D
Boston MA - Following 2 losses and a BYE, I was really hoping that a return to Harvard Stadium and Ivy League competition would be what we need to snap out of our current losing streak. WRONG! Princeton's Jarrett Mathews completed 28 of 39 for 420 and 3 scores to push Princeton to a 31-17 Ivy League win. The victory moves the Tigers to 5-1 in the Ivy and puts them in the driver's seat for the League Title. We drop to 3-2 in the Ivy and 3-6 overall...and our losing streak moves to 3 in a row.
For the first time since the U-Conn game back in Week 2, I actually have to put this one on the defense. I don't know if it has anything to do with 3 starters in street clothes or not, but we couldn't seem to get the Tiger O off of the field. Pizzotti actually had the kind of game that I was hoping he would have on a consistent basis...21-31 for 289, 2TDs no INTs. Gordon chipped in 18 carries for 70 yards...but it was really the inability of our D to stop Mathews. What really makes it frustrating is that our D plans have been pretty solid for the most part. Today, for some unknown reason, we seemed content to sit back in Cover 2 and our safeties aren't fast enough to get off of the hashes to cover the outter quarters.
Thanks for following! Go Crimson!"

Old 11-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #35
Rookie

iou1's Arena

UPDATE
Pre-Game Roster Information: @ WESTERN KENTUCKY

Nothing new to report on the injury front. Good news is that the three defensive starters listed below are all one week closer to getting on the field. Bad news is that all three of them will be ready just in time for Post Season workouts. Current projections have Berry missing our season finale against Yale by a week. The other two guys are an additional 2 weeks out.

- INJURY REPORT -

Separated Shoulder - 4 Weeks

Broken Jaw- 6 Weeks

Broken Wrist- 6 Weeks

- CONDUCT REPORT -
NONE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #36
Rookie

iou1's Arena

Hilltoppers Top Crimson
Western Kentucky Sends Harvard Home with 4th Straight Loss
Bowling Green, KY - 24 of 39 for 307 and 4 scores....the list of QBs with career days against the Crimson continues too grow. For second week in a row, our defense looked lost for the majority of a game. WKU was 7-15 on 3rd down and 1-1 on 4th down as our defense struggled to get off of the field. Offensively, Pizzotti actually had another decent game completing 14 of 28 for 302, 2 scores and an Int. Probably didn't help that we dropped 5 balls or the fact that we couldn't protect him...got sacked 6 times. Gordon had 93 yards rushing but also coughed up a fumble. I should probably add that senior Matt Lagace grabbed 9 balls for 251 yards and 2 scores.
This wraps up all of our non-Ivy games...we finish up at home against Dartmouth and at Yale. Losing stinks....ready to put this losing streak and the 2008 season to bed. Someone...anyone...please remind me why Dynasties are so much fun???? Thanks for following! Go Crimson!"

Old 11-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #37
Rookie

iou1's Arena

UPDATE
Pre-Game Roster Information: vs DARTMOUTH

Losing streaks are frustrating for everyone...coaches, fans, players...some of that frustration boiled over at practice this week when junior fullback Michael Doerner lost his cool and started a fight. I love his enthusiasm, but we can't condone this kind of thing. Doerner is suspended for the final 2 games of 2008.

- INJURY REPORT -

Separated Shoulder - 3 Weeks

Broken Jaw- 5 Weeks

Broken Wrist- 5 Weeks

- CONDUCT REPORT -

Michael Doerner, JR - Fullback
Team Rules - 2 Games
Old 11-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #38
Rookie

iou1's Arena

Dartmouth Downs Harvard
Crimson Still Reeling After 5th Straight Loss
Boston, MA - Honestly don't even really want to get into this one. Our previous 4 losses have all been to teams that I felt were more talented than we were...ok maybe not Princeton, but Army, Navy and WKU sure as hell are. But not Dartmouth!!! We were never even really in this game from the opening kick. Somehow managed to put up 20 points late, against their #2's. Our fans were BOOING loudly at times today and I can't say that I blame them one bit. One more this season against Yale and then a serious, SERIOUS look at the direction of this program.
Thanks for following! Go Crimson!"

Old 11-07-2014, 01:23 PM   #39
Rookie

iou1's Arena

UPDATE
Pre-Game Roster Information: @ YALE
"The Game"

Collin Zych strained his shoulder in our loss to Dartmouth and the freshman strong safety is being put on the shelf for our season finale against Yale. That brings the total number of defensive starters in street clothes to FOUR. I have been hammering our defensive performances lately...maybe the fact that more than 1/3 of them are hurt is part of the problem.

- INJURY REPORT -

Separated Shoulder - 1 Weeks

Collin Zych, FR - Strong Safety
Strained Shoulder - 2 Weeks

Broken Jaw- 3 Weeks

Broken Wrist- 3 Weeks

- CONDUCT REPORT -

Michael Doerner, JR - Fullback
Team Rules - 1 Game
Old 11-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #40
Rookie

iou1's Arena

Crimson Blast Bulldogs
5 Game Losing Streak Snapped
New Haven, CT - It took a helluva long time to get here, but the vision I had in my mind for 2008 Harvard finally materialized on the field today against Yale. Gordon was explosive, dynamic, etc...322 yards and 3 TDs on the ground - 86 yards and 2 TDs receiving! Exactly what I hoped for from the true frosh. Hopefully a sign of many, many more good days ahead. Pizzotti also saved one of his best performances of the year for the rival Bulldogs. The senior signal caller completed 10 of 16 for 163 and 4 TDs. Also threw 2 INTs, but I can overlook that when he finds the end zone 4 times and has a rating over 200. Defense played lights out as well. Thomas had 7 stops filling in for Dorris at MLB...Hall had 6 stops and an INT filling in for Zych at SS...Carlson had 4 stops and an INT filling in for Berry at CB...Monu had 2 INTs. All in all...just a really, really nice way to end the season. Our record of 4-8 wasn't what I was hoping for, but at least we can go into the off season on a high note. The game was also on Regional TV...only the 2nd time we have been on all year, so that can't hurt. I will get into the post-season stuff shortly, but thanks so much for anyone out there who is still following. Getting through the first season always seems to be the most difficult...nowhere for Rock to go now but UP!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »