Home

Sabo's The Revival Gameplay Mod - Madden 20 Edition

This is a discussion on Sabo's The Revival Gameplay Mod - Madden 20 Edition within the Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2019, 09:55 PM   #49
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Sabo's The Revival Gameplay Mod - Madden 20 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo20
How do you do this? I can't figure it out. Is this in Frosty Mod Manager itself?
I was going to ask the same thing, but after doing all the other steps but this one I was able to get the game to launch with the mod.

@Sabo, the other thing that I'm seeing is QBs targeting their TEs A LOT. I don't know if there's a way for you to tweak that or not.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 09-21-2019, 01:51 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey SABO, thanks for the mod. I'm an old school HC player and try Madden every few years to fulfill my fix. My question is can I download a custom draft class from a user without messing up the mod in the middle of my franchise or will it create a data folder and mess everything up.

I can't believe I'm newbie tagged I've been an OS member (even freelance writer lol) since 2007 but can't remember my login I think it might have been Sloey something. Oh well.

Thanks again.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:41 AM   #51
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Where would I go to remove (or at least up) the hard limits on fumbles and blocked kicks?

I know they probably happen too much, but it destroys suspension of disbelief to know that if it happens so many times, it cannot happen again. While rare, awful games do happen in the real NFL. Even if limited to the modern era, multiple teams have had 8 fumbles in a game, and a couple 9, as well as multiple blocked kicks in a game.

Also, I do seem to recall some NFL teams (Patriots, for example) using PA on 3rd and med/long; not sure that percentage should be zero.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 09-21-2019 at 02:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 04:58 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Arone
Hey SABO, thanks for the mod. I'm an old school HC player and try Madden every few years to fulfill my fix. My question is can I download a custom draft class from a user without messing up the mod in the middle of my franchise or will it create a data folder and mess everything up.
I think you should be OK. But am welcome to be corrected.

Play the first two weeks of your franchise in offline mode so you can run SABO's mode. Then IIRC the draft class is revealed at week 3 so save your franchise - exit - go online - run Vanilla Madden - download a community draft class. Save Madden. Exit and go offline. Delete the ModData and/or Frosty Data folder and then run Madden with SABO's mod. Pick up where you left off.

I don't see why a downloaded draft class, once saved into a franchise Save File, would be deleted by tbose actions....

Hope I am right because that's what I plan to do as well! Busy sorting Sim Stats out at the moment then I will start franchise.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:41 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm
SABO. Loved reading all your work over the years. Getting game tomorrow so looking forward to using this mod.

Would you suggest using default rosters with your mod?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
It's up to you but I use default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo20
How do you do this? I can't figure it out. Is this in Frosty Mod Manager itself?
Its 100x easier to explain on discord then it is on a forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Darkside
@Sabo, the other thing that I'm seeing is QBs targeting their TEs A LOT. I don't know if there's a way for you to tweak that or not.
Ya that's a tough one traditionally because TEs are open sooner then WRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Arone
Not a problem at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Where would I go to remove (or at least up) the hard limits on fumbles and blocked kicks?

I know they probably happen too much, but it destroys suspension of disbelief to know that if it happens so many times, it cannot happen again. While rare, awful games do happen in the real NFL. Even if limited to the modern era, multiple teams have had 8 fumbles in a game, and a couple 9, as well as multiple blocked kicks in a game.

Also, I do seem to recall some NFL teams (Patriots, for example) using PA on 3rd and med/long; not sure that percentage should be zero.
I'm increasing fumbles for 1.1, the blocked kicks is a simple edit ill guide u on discord

as for the PA on 3rd down

Stats show the HIGHEST for all of 2018 is 18 attempts by the Eagles. Pats did it 7 times. 3rd/med and long makes more sense to remove it based off teh numebrs
Old 09-22-2019, 07:35 AM   #54
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I deliberately played the first two seasons of my first CFM on an all pro slider set, just to get a feel for the game etc. Now in the 3rd season, I'm running the Revival mod, and it's really like day and night. I liked 20's gameplay over 19, but there is still something overall off about it - almost always fairly high scoring games, too INT heavy, lots of yards etc. With Revival, the only way to describe it is it's more realistic, in almost every phase.

Just lost 16-15 in my Giants CFM to the Redskins. Haskins had two turnovers in the RZ but sealed the game with a final drive TD. Easily the best game I've played in Madden 20 so far over probably 20 or so in exhibition and 32 others in CFM, and it's only my 3rd Revival game.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:43 AM   #55
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3

For the first time in many Madden iterations, I feel like playing full offline CFM seasons. Every game is now a pure chess match and I love it. My only issue is the number of drops. Hits seem to jar the ball loose after catch much easier than if I were on defense against the CPU for the same type of scenario. The CPU seems to be able to make any type of catch in traffic with no issue, even lower rated WR. Meanwhile Michael Thomas seems to drop everything. I am wondering if I should be playing on All-Pro. Other than that, this mod is perfect to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 08:31 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaints26
For the first time in many Madden iterations, I feel like playing full offline CFM seasons. Every game is now a pure chess match and I love it. My only issue is the number of drops. Hits seem to jar the ball loose after catch much easier than if I were on defense against the CPU for the same type of scenario. The CPU seems to be able to make any type of catch in traffic with no issue, even lower rated WR. Meanwhile Michael Thomas seems to drop everything. I am wondering if I should be playing on All-Pro. Other than that, this mod is perfect to me.
I echo this sentiment 100%. it's the first time I've enjoyed playing the CPU in Madden in close to a decade. I even signed up for origin premiere after taking 2 years off of Madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods »