Home

Madden 22 PC

This is a discussion on Madden 22 PC within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2021, 01:34 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATISTHISPOWER
Anyone have troubles with a ps4 controller?

R2 works to view the plays, but when trying to call and audible R2 no longer works, I'm unable to block a RB/TE or hot route with the R2 options.

I've tried running the game with DS4Windows, Steam Big Picture Mode (launch via Origin still), and without any additional third party software. I do run the game in Windowed mode, but I do not believe switching to full screen makes a difference.

In M20, the "Share" button didn't work for timeouts and I just used "T" on the keyboard in those situations, but I haven't found a solution for this R2 audibles issue yet. I think this may have happened in M19, but I honestly do not know the fix.
R2 isn't the audible button, it's square. The share button isn't the timeout button, it's the touch pad (press it down like a huge button). Otherwise, you can go into the settings in game and adjust your controls to be whatever you want them to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2021, 01:36 AM   #122
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuder
R2 isn't the audible button, it's square. The share button isn't the timeout button, it's the touch pad (press it down like a huge button). Otherwise, you can go into the settings in game and adjust your controls to be whatever you want them to.
...also forgot to mention...if you want to bring up other pre-play options menu, just hit the right stick (r3) (press it in like a button).
Old 09-28-2021, 08:01 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Sorry if there was confusion. I understand that Audible is square, but R2 is to block the RB/TE or put the WRs on screens. I can hit R2 and see pre-play data with routes; however if I hit Square, and lets say R1 for the HB, I can smash R2 for the remainder of the play-clock and it will never change the route.

So R2 works for everything in the game (it seems) besides when the audible menu is already up.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:30 PM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Sorry if there was confusion. I understand that Audible is square, but R2 is to block the RB/TE or put the WRs on screens. I can hit R2 and see pre-play data with routes; however if I hit Square, and lets say R1 for the HB, I can smash R2 for the remainder of the play-clock and it will never change the route.

So R2 works for everything in the game (it seems) besides when the audible menu is already up.
you can change routes by pressing triangle and then the button for the player you want to change and then the button for the route, if that's what you're looking for. square is only for audibles. r2 is only to see the play art. to change your active player you would hit circle. those are the default controls. so if you're hitting square, then r1...you're changing the entire play, not your route. you want to hit triangle, then whatever icon is over the player whose route you want to change, then the correct button for the route. i think maybe you're getting confused, because the pc version only displays xbox controls...here's the translation... ps4 x=a on xbox, ps4 square = x on xbox, ps4 circle = b on xbox, ps4 triangle = y on xbox, r1/L1 = r/L bumpers on xbox, r2/L2 = r/L triggers on xbox, L/R3 = same...ps4 options = three line button on xbox, ps4 touchpad button = share button on xbox....so maybe you got confused about which buttons are which. if that list is confusing, i'll take a picture for you, as i have both controllers. lol
Old 09-29-2021, 07:40 PM   #125
Rookie

Quote:
you can change routes by pressing triangle and then the button for the player you want to change and then the button for the route, if that's what you're looking for. square is only for audibles. r2 is only to see the play art. to change your active player you would hit circle. those are the default controls. so if you're hitting square, then r1...you're changing the entire play, not your route. you want to hit triangle, then whatever icon is over the player whose route you want to change, then the correct button for the route. i think maybe you're getting confused, because the pc version only displays xbox controls...here's the translation... ps4 x=a on xbox, ps4 square = x on xbox, ps4 circle = b on xbox, ps4 triangle = y on xbox, r1/L1 = r/L bumpers on xbox, r2/L2 = r/L triggers on xbox, L/R3 = same...ps4 options = three line button on xbox, ps4 touchpad button = share button on xbox....so maybe you got confused about which buttons are which. if that list is confusing, i'll take a picture for you, as i have both controllers. lol

So maybe I should have said hot route not audible.

Point im getting at is that when I try and block a RB/TE or screen a WR, R2 does not work. It doesn't matter if I'm running DS4Windows, Steam Big Picture, or no additional software, it will not let me select R2 on a hot route to complete that action.

I am not confused about the controller layout, my wording was off in the post. I've played and understand the game and how to do everything, my issue is that on the screen it says "R2 to block" and it doesn't work. It's like the button is not recognized. I can hit R2 to sprint or do any other actions in the game and it works, just not in this situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2021, 12:58 AM   #126
Rookie

Quote:
So maybe I should have said hot route not audible.

Point im getting at is that when I try and block a RB/TE or screen a WR, R2 does not work. It doesn't matter if I'm running DS4Windows, Steam Big Picture, or no additional software, it will not let me select R2 on a hot route to complete that action.

I am not confused about the controller layout, my wording was off in the post. I've played and understand the game and how to do everything, my issue is that on the screen it says "R2 to block" and it doesn't work. It's like the button is not recognized. I can hit R2 to sprint or do any other actions in the game and it works, just not in this situation.
are you blocking on defense or offense? I think it's totally a different button. because all R2 does on mine is sprint, and on rookie mode, the cpu helps with some of the special moves when you're the ball carrier....how are you not the ball carrier on offense?
Old 09-30-2021, 02:01 AM   #127
Rookie

Quote:
are you blocking on defense or offense? I think it's totally a different button. because all R2 does on mine is sprint, and on rookie mode, the cpu helps with some of the special moves when you're the ball carrier....how are you not the ball carrier on offense?
ok i just fired it up...i think i know what you're seeing...it's not R2, because that's not a button on PC (unless you mod it), it's RS...that's Right Stick.
Old 09-30-2021, 09:46 PM   #128
Rookie

Quote:
ok i just fired it up...i think i know what you're seeing...it's not R2, because that's not a button on PC (unless you mod it), it's RS...that's Right Stick.

I do not think you are understanding the issue. When you go to hot route a RB/TE it is R2 to block. To hot route a WR on a screen the button to press is R2. When I press it, nothing happens, even though there is an option that says "R2 Block RB" or "R2 Smoke Screen". R2 button works everywhere else in the game except right here. I appreciate you trying to help, but please do not comment and say "this is the button you use and this is how a controller works" because the information you keep giving is not helpful.

I had no problems in M21 with this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »