Home

1987 Roster Madden 18

This is a discussion on 1987 Roster Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #105
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prilosec
I saw in sims, kicker mad fg% was 4-points to high.
Would you suggest making in-game KAC rating same as actual kicker made-fg for that season ? I think we can chop 6-ratings points for KAC and that would work.

Great work, brotha' !!!!
That might work, but I am not sure. I did a lot of testing with Kickers and Punters last year, really moving AWR, KPW, and KAC in various ways. I was never able to really get the sim engine to work properly. There is also the concern that too much of a drop and they start missing extra points and too many field goals. I might do some testing on kickers and punters once I am finished with the roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #106
Banned

OVR: 21

Teach,

Did you in any way incorporate QB edits in to this file to make them a bit more mobile? I know a few different thoughts were thrown around like making them Balanced or Scramblers, high BVC, Throws Ball Away = No and a few others.

I know a patch is dropping soon which hopefully addresses CPU statues...I doubt it, but one can hope.

C
Old 10-08-2017, 10:29 AM   #107
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
That might work, but I am not sure. I did a lot of testing with Kickers and Punters last year, really moving AWR, KPW, and KAC in various ways. I was never able to really get the sim engine to work properly. There is also the concern that too much of a drop and they start missing extra points and too many field goals. I might do some testing on kickers and punters once I am finished with the roster.
Good point. XP missed needs to be patched for sure.
I sim all kicking/punting any ways.
Sim engine also forces to many 50+ yd attempts, even with lowered KAC/AWR/KPW.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:57 AM   #108
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Teach,

Did you in any way incorporate QB edits in to this file to make them a bit more mobile? I know a few different thoughts were thrown around like making them Balanced or Scramblers, high BVC, Throws Ball Away = No and a few others.

I know a patch is dropping soon which hopefully addresses CPU statues...I doubt it, but one can hope.

C
I made all QBs Throw Ball Away Trait=No. I left some of the QBs as pocket passers, such as Kosar, Marino, etc... The other guys are all Balanced or Scramblers.

I increased Elusiveness higher than I have in previous rosters in hopes of at least avoiding sacks.

I read about everything different folks have put out, and tried to include what I thought "might" work. lol I am really hoping we get something in a patch. So far, in the limited testing I have done with this roster, I do not see much in the way of statue sacks. CPU Qbs tend to move around a good bit. What is frustrating is that they do not take off and run very much, just like in M17. This is especially bad when there is clear field in front of them and then they run to the LOS and then throw some stupid pass across their body. I do not have fix for that. That is what I hope gets patched.

I would really like to add the Throw Ball Away trait back in for some guys. Some QBs need that trait to replicate real life. Plus, it helps in terms of Completion % in a game.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:34 PM   #109
Pro

If you don't mind could yout pm me some of those tweaks?
Old 10-09-2017, 06:01 AM   #110
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5

so when this comes out, I plan on using it for CFM and to edit draft picks myself to mirror the real life drafts. Once you're done with the roster can you tell me some guidelines for incoming rookies so that I can bring them in in line with the way this roster is set up
Old 10-09-2017, 06:35 AM   #111
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra9888
so when this comes out, I plan on using it for CFM and to edit draft picks myself to mirror the real life drafts. Once you're done with the roster can you tell me some guidelines for incoming rookies so that I can bring them in in line with the way this roster is set up
Will do; I will post that info in this forum once everything is done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 04:07 PM   #112
MVP

Just a quick note about the progress of the roster.

I have completed the rosters for the expansion teams, though I have not uploaded that version to Madden Share yet. I hope to start working on Free Agents tonight and through the weekend.

Here is my gameplan:
I will move several of the "big name" current players to other positions. Same with long haired guys as much as possible. I will then rename, equip and rate a handful of Free Agents at each position. They will be rated no higher than 75 OVR so they do not get picked up too quickly. I will try to match skin color when possible, but honestly, I am not too worried about the free agents in terms of ht. wt. etc... The only reason I do anything with them is just to help with immersion so we do not have current players out there. I will NOT rename every Free Agent. The roster would take a LONG time.

A lot of punters and kickers who are really lineman and other positions. They will not be renamed or anything, I do that just to get them out of the way.

I am not sure how long the process will take. I will work as quickly as possible, but we are nearing the end of the process. I do not think I will be done by the end of this weekend, but hopefully by the end of NEXT weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »