Home

1987 Roster Madden 18

This is a discussion on 1987 Roster Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2017, 04:11 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Once the roster is complete and I set up a Franchise and run some tests, I will share my suggested playbooks. More than likely the playbooks I will use will be the RUN HEAVY and BALTIMORE RAVENS. I will also include my suggestions for scheme set up.

I will work as quickly as I can so I can get that info to you if you are interested in setting up your franchise in the same way.

I will also post info on how to make incoming rookies match the rating system I used. It really will not be too bad to edit for those interested.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #114
MVP

I am not too far from finishing up the roster. I have Free agent LOLB, CB, FS, SS, K, Ps left to finish.

There will be a handful of scabs at each position in Free Agency. A lot of the big name players are at "other" positions and are OVR of 25 or lower. I also tried to move long haired guys out of the way. A few might slip in. The FAs that I renamed also have correct era equipment.

I am not sure exactly when I will be finished. I doubt it will be this weekend, but maybe by mid-week.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #115
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I am not too far from finishing up the roster. I have Free agent LOLB, CB, FS, SS, K, Ps left to finish.

There will be a handful of scabs at each position in Free Agency. A lot of the big name players are at "other" positions and are OVR of 25 or lower. I also tried to move long haired guys out of the way. A few might slip in. The FAs that I renamed also have correct era equipment.

I am not sure exactly when I will be finished. I doubt it will be this weekend, but maybe by mid-week.
Great to hear. Did you get my PM ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #116
Rookie

trexicano's Arena

OVR: 1

Played the other night, just the last update, and just one game with the bears and broncos. Loved it. The QB ratings seemed a little low, but that is all I noticed. Thanks so much for doing this. Lot of fun!
Old 10-14-2017, 08:29 PM   #117
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexicano
Played the other night, just the last update, and just one game with the bears and broncos. Loved it. The QB ratings seemed a little low, but that is all I noticed. Thanks so much for doing this. Lot of fun!
The QB ratings are low on purpose. This helps to bring down the QB completion %. It is not ideal, but I have to work within the confines of the Madden engine. Since we cannot fully replicate the offenses of the era, in terms of playcalling, I feel this is the next best option.

The lower QB ratings also help in Franchise mode in simmed games. However, Prilosec takes it a step further for QBs and lowers them even more which gives almost perfect simmed game stats for QBs. My ratings are somewhere in the middle. They should give pretty solid sim results and allow for solid gameplay.

Glad you are enjoying the roster. I am almost done with the free agents. I worked on them a bit more this evening and things are looking good.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #118
Rookie

trexicano's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
The QB ratings are low on purpose. This helps to bring down the QB completion %. It is not ideal, but I have to work within the confines of the Madden engine. Since we cannot fully replicate the offenses of the era, in terms of playcalling, I feel this is the next best option.

The lower QB ratings also help in Franchise mode in simmed games. However, Prilosec takes it a step further for QBs and lowers them even more which gives almost perfect simmed game stats for QBs. My ratings are somewhere in the middle. They should give pretty solid sim results and allow for solid gameplay.

Glad you are enjoying the roster. I am almost done with the free agents. I worked on them a bit more this evening and things are looking good.
That makes sense. I just looked at the numbers to be honest. I can't wait. Great job again!

Sent from my VS990 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-14-2017, 10:02 PM   #119
Rookie

Sounds like a lot of effort and hard work. I myself have done some teams but never a whole year. I started a group over at Facebook for just this situation. Its called Custom madden Rosters. Im new here and can not share the link but please come and search for it and join. I'd love to have the originator of this post and all his followers join. We just started yesterday 10/13.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:51 AM   #120
Rookie

I dont know how to tag or quote yet, but I have a message to Iteachpercussion. I went online and downloaded your 1987 roster, its amazing, I also loaded your 1975 roster from Madden 17. I have a project in mind on my youtube, where I redo the season, but just the highlights. games I would have seen in my region and readjust the standings as I go. I'll give you full credit and urge people to download your rosters. please let me know and please join the facebook group Madden Custom Rosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »