Home

The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

This is a discussion on The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2018, 12:20 PM   #57
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
I use PRO; 10 Minutes; with accel on ..... but might try it on off as I need a few more offensive (run/pass) plays in a game --- but I am averaging around 110-120 or so and would like to get to 120-140 or so.
I have been getting about 105-116. I Have always loved PRO . I will run one when I get a chance on PRO. I agree with the total plays might just be a playnow thing . The play clock to 25 with accel off may fix that issue
Old 12-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 6

One out-of-the-box roster idea ive had is making a college hero league. Take out the all timers we usually get, use playmakers and my old ncaa roster to find players, move them to madden, don’t worry about assigning them to teams. Just do a fantasy draft. Really miss NCAA Football, and would really like to see those legends that don’t make it to NFL Greatest Teams playing on the new systems. Game is way better than it used to be. EA’s took great strides in the past 2 seasons. We’ve got regular rosters playing good on cpu vs cpu.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-14-2018, 12:34 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by asantead22
Hey Capa,

One request? Anyway to make my 94 49ers?

Thanks,

Asantead22

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Sure...probably should get a consensus on all teams to create...older guys like me gravitate the the 60's and 70's (I am 62). But many of you grew up watching the teams from the 80's and 90's or later.

Don made a good point that doing roster sets by decades would be a good solution too!
Old 12-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Sure...probably should get a consensus on all teams to create...older guys like me gravitate the the 60's and 70's (I am 62). But many of you grew up watching the teams from the 80's and 90's or later.

Don made a good point that doing roster sets by decades would be a good solution too!
Decades are definitely better. When you do specific years, you want the teams to perform how they really did, but with the playbooks offered here, we really can’t do that.

One thing i did with Gayle Sayers was turn him into a slot reciever. If I used the Giants, I’d do Frank Gifford the same. I’m sure there’s others, but since we can’t use classic playbooks, we adapt the teams to modern styles of play. Formation sub fullbacks into the single back 2 te sets.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
Just curious how many of you play or watch or do both . I’m strictly a CPU VS CPU Guy now. I’m enjoying sitting back and watching these teams battle it out . Old Age creeping up on me will be 51 in 2 weeks . LOL .
CPU vs CPU guy here as well.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 01:09 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Decades are definitely better. When you do specific years, you want the teams to perform how they really did, but with the playbooks offered here, we really can’t do that.

One thing i did with Gayle Sayers was turn him into a slot reciever. If I used the Giants, I’d do Frank Gifford the same. I’m sure there’s others, but since we can’t use classic playbooks, we adapt the teams to modern styles of play. Formation sub fullbacks into the single back 2 te sets.
I made a cursory attempt at creating a '60s style Offensive Playbook but never completed it. I would think that creating individual Decade Oriented Offensive & Defensive Playbooks to share with the community would be something achievable & desirable. However, I for one would need a bit more practice at doing such.

Frank Gifford is a slot guy on my Giants as well (he actually played receiver in his later years for the Giants) ........

Several approaches all make sense to me:
1) This ALL TIME ROSTER
2) Decade specific yearly Team Roster (different seasons/years represented by teams)
3) Decade oriented ALL TIME ROSTER
4) Individual yearly Season Roster (i.e. 1970; 1985; etc.)
5) All Time Team oriented NCAA Roster (Top 30 Teams and/or Regional Teams)

As a United Community these ALL could be brought to Life !

I would think a separate Forum Thread would be needed to maintain an orderly approach for each with one Person as the Lead on each.

This GREATEST ALL-TIME ROSTER (once completed) would be a fabulous boilerplate/base roster to start each of the above mentioned approaches with.

Last edited by doncropper; 12-14-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:09 PM   #63
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
CPU vs CPU guy here as well.
Nice . What settings are you currently running
Old 12-14-2018, 01:12 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
One out-of-the-box roster idea ive had is making a college hero league. Take out the all timers we usually get, use playmakers and my old ncaa roster to find players, move them to madden, don’t worry about assigning them to teams. Just do a fantasy draft. Really miss NCAA Football, and would really like to see those legends that don’t make it to NFL Greatest Teams playing on the new systems. Game is way better than it used to be. EA’s took great strides in the past 2 seasons. We’ve got regular rosters playing good on cpu vs cpu.
Major Harris & Charlie Ward are at the top of my suggestion list.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »