Home

JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

I'm gonna try these out and report back. Starting my cfm to take a break from mut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #122
Banned

OVR: 4

Cowher power- Your sliders play real nice. Honestly, the only thing I did not like was the qb's constant looking to make a completion in the flats...even when a cover 2 or 3 with flat zones are called. Can you think of any slider adjustment that may offset that?
Completion% was spot on and sacks were well within respectable limits.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:07 AM   #123
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking12344
Cowher power- Your sliders play real nice. Honestly, the only thing I did not like was the qb's constant looking to make a completion in the flats...even when a cover 2 or 3 with flat zones are called. Can you think of any slider adjustment that may offset that?
Completion% was spot on and sacks were well within respectable limits.
Sorry guys,I've been really busy lately and I haven't gotten around to start my own thread yet,but I promise I will.

I have been just a little tinkering (when I have the time) but not enough to come to any conclusions yet.

Viking....as far as your question goes,the only thing I can think of is the pass coverage slider...might want to raise that a few clicks and see what happens.

I will say though,did you notice why the cpu would check down?...was it the pass rush,or was coverage to tight down the field.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-05-2014, 01:23 AM   #124
Banned

Thinking about it, it was happening a lot when i called cover 3 (which I use as a base d). The deep passes are not there yet and the middle of the field is covered well so by the time my lb's got to the flat it was too late. Next game I will change it up more and see what happens.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #125
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking12344
Thinking about it, it was happening a lot when i called cover 3 (which I use as a base d). The deep passes are not there yet and the middle of the field is covered well so by the time my lb's got to the flat it was too late. Next game I will change it up more and see what happens.
That is actually cool. Other than maybe trying to hit the TE on seam pattrrns, this is exactly how I would attack that defense. Glad to see the CPU attacking realistically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #126
Banned

yeah Josh, I was pretty much forcing them to throw there I suppose. They were taking what I was giving.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:49 AM   #127
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Well guys...I know I have been quiet through the work week; but I have been doing some testing. I will likely be posting an updated set sometime this weekend as I am honing in on improving the Hum pass defense and the run game overall.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #128
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I have posted a Beta set for version 4, which is hopefully my final version.

A couple of notes on the rationale:
  • I think the Human WRs play better and are more aggressive when their QBs Accuracy is higher. I actually tried 35, which was a tad too accurate. I think 20 will be a good value.
  • I have bumped up Fumbles to get better CPU RB play.
  • Coverage-related sliders have been heavily modified. I'm seeing better WR/DB interaction and coverage is more realistic (without the CPU batting every freakin' pass down). I even saw a Pass Interference Call!!! Ironically, it was a bad call as the ball was overthrown and the DB didn't hit the receiver till the ball had flown over his head.
  • I lowered KRI a bit as defenders were too aggressive. They read and react a bit better, but you still see gang tackling here.
I will be playing with this the remainder of the day as I watch college football. Please post impressions.

Edit: Went back to 50 for IG

Last edited by JoshC1977; 09-06-2014 at 01:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »