Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 06:24 AM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
The last thing I want to do is lower QB accuracy. I'm not about that life..lol I am just going to inch the reaction up a little at a time until it becomes harder, as well as lowering HUM pass block, so my decision making has to be faster. I may also lower WR catching. But I firmly believe in not having low QB accuracy. Also going to go back to 50 Threshold.

EDIT: Just to point out how I play QB... I focus on my reads, the minute the ball is snapped, and let the CPU control my drop back etc.. I focus on my receivers. I make one or two quick reads, and if nobody is open, then I look to move with QB. Either throwing it away or scrambling. If I get sacked before that, then I get sacked, and just get pissed at my O-Line. But I don't control my QB while I'm also looking at passing routes.. Sometimes I'll watch a receiver the whole time, waiting for him to make that cut, knowing I'm about to be creamed. Just hoping the timing is right for me to get the pass off.

Except for screens.. On screen plays, I always take control of QB at snap, and pull him straight back.

I wonder if other people do this also. Letting the QB auto drop back while they scan the field? I was thinking about doing this too. Also what camera view do you play on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by kb0731; 09-24-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #186
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
I wonder if other people do this also. Letting the QB auto drop back while they scan the field? I was thinking about doing this too. Also what camera view do you play on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I do this as well. I am too busy scanning the field, if I tired to move the QB around at the same time it would be a complete disaster. I'm too old and my stick skills are just not that good. I have to lean heavily on my play calling. Currently using Zoom but considering going to Standard as some others have suggested.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 09-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #187
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
I do this as well. I am too busy scanning the field, if I tired to move the QB around at the same time it would be a complete disaster. I'm too old and my stick skills are just not that good. I have to lean heavily on my play calling. Currently using Zoom but considering going to Standard as some others have suggested.

In going to start doing the auto dropback too. Cause the CPU disguise so much it's hard to focus on the rush and the receivers at the same time. I also was playing on zoom but I'm going to change to standard as it helps me see the field much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #188
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

I play with the Camera on zoom, and have no intentions on changing it. I love it. I mean think about it. When a QB takes the snap, he can't see the entire field either. He has to look in the direction of where he wants to throw it. I like having to do the same. As I stated in my own slider thread. I have a set that I think may work out very well for me. Using rushins concept as a base. I still want to play more games to make sure, but in my first initial test, I was down to the Bengals at halftime 10-0, and it felt perfect. I had to earn any yards. Running and passing was hard, which I'm needing, because I don't want to play All Madden.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #189
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

I always let the cpu drop back and then step into the pocket to throw or run if necessary.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #190
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
I play with the Camera on zoom, and have no intentions on changing it. I love it. I mean think about it. When a QB takes the snap, he can't see the entire field either. He has to look in the direction of where he wants to throw it. I like having to do the same. As I stated in my own slider thread. I have a set that I think may work out very well for me. Using rushins concept as a base. I still want to play more games to make sure, but in my first initial test, I was down to the Bengals at halftime 10-0, and it felt perfect. I had to earn any yards. Running and passing was hard, which I'm needing, because I don't want to play All Madden.

You make an excellent point about the QB. Which is why I think I'm going to stick with zoom and just start using the auto drop back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 0

Auto drop back means to not touch the stick till me moment you decide what to do to or there is a specific option to turn on? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #192
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise
Auto drop back means to not touch the stick till me moment you decide what to do to or there is a specific option to turn on? Thanks
Yes. Depending on the play the cpu will automatically do a 3/5/7 step drop, play action, boot leg, etc. .

Let the cpu do that for you while reading your progressions, then fire away or step up into the pocket for a little more time.

Another thing, if the play breaks down stepping into the pocket and escaping straight up the middle or to the left/right of your guards is going to give you a better chance than going backward and outside the tackles. There are exceptions like boot leg plays and certain other scenarios where you're forced outside but that generally holds true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »