Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 08:22 PM   #217
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
I would guess that not only will EA not fix it, but it will be something we see for few more seasons of madden, it's the QB code, probably a little too much like hard work to just change after having a year to 'alter' madden 25's code. (i assume they did, i didn't have a ps4 last year though so I don't know for sure)
I have hopes they will solve it quickly, for two reasons:

1) They did say they were looking into it.

2) With the QB edits ("Paranoid" and "Throw Ball Away") already the QBs can be made to avoid alot of sacks. I am going to suppose that those traits are, ultimately, merely percentage modifiers that increase the frequency (or decrease the time required to complete) certain QB actions. If they simply shifted those modifier/chances all to the right (making "normal" QBs play close to "Paranoid" and Paranoid QBs even more "paranoid"), I think they could effect the change very easily and make the players very happy.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #218
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY311
Rushin, I was thinking of switching speed threshold to 55 or 60, do you or anyone else have an idea of how that might affect gameplay with your sliders? Thanks
I'm sorry I didn't see this before- yes. I did play with it at many settings. at higher settings, teams that aren't very good can be better. and good teams will be subtracted a little of their skill. I find closest games with it around 40 and to many big plays with it set very low. Also with my sliders, the pass coverage won't work correctly- they will stick to the receiver TOO long ( they should eventually gain seperation, ), causing higher total of sacks, or INTs if you just fire the ball into the defense (like i do), also the Dline is too fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I have hopes they will solve it quickly, for two reasons:

1) They did say they were looking into it.

2) With the QB edits ("Paranoid" and "Throw Ball Away") already the QBs can be made to avoid alot of sacks. I am going to suppose that those traits are, ultimately, merely percentage modifiers that increase the frequency (or decrease the time required to complete) certain QB actions. If they simply shifted those modifier/chances all to the right (making "normal" QBs play close to "Paranoid" and Paranoid QBs even more "paranoid"), I think they could effect the change very easily and make the players very happy.
That is true I didn't consider because all QBs have always acted differently for me, I guess many people are using the edits to start franchises. but I didn't. I actually hate to edit things, I want to just play games but when I saw terrible psychic unreal defense, I had to fix it, I actually laugh to myself because many different instances, I almost didn't do something (not make videos, I love doing that, just, like editing sliders, almost didn't do- posting sliders, only happened because car problems and i couldn't leave) so its funny that it barely happened and many people I think have been helped so that's good

Last edited by rushinplayallgame; 09-26-2014 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #219
Just started!

@Rushin - Man I created an account on here so I could post and say thanks man. Great set of sliders to work from. I'll tweak them a little bit for my play style and enjoyment.

EA owes, you- I haven't played a Madden since about 2012 and was about to go trade my game back in lol... Thanks for taking the time and putting a lot of thought into those sliders. Great job!

I was about to be on EA's doorstep
Old 10-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #220
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIII JP IIIII
@Rushin - Man I created an account on here so I could post and say thanks man. Great set of sliders to work from. I'll tweak them a little bit for my play style and enjoyment.

EA owes, you- I haven't played a Madden since about 2012 and was about to go trade my game back in lol... Thanks for taking the time and putting a lot of thought into those sliders. Great job!

I was about to be on EA's doorstep
thanks buddy, you could have tweeted me I'm glad you enjoyed them, you know if enough people told EA to give me a job, maybe they will, I think all game companies should have a panel of people who play the game to help fix things, CCP does this with EvE online, It's a great idea.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #221
Rookie

PattyJ's Arena

i implemented these into an online franchise me n my buddies do. been using them for 10 weeks, fantastic results in showing pass coverage. great sliders!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #222
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyJ
i implemented these into an online franchise me n my buddies do. been using them for 10 weeks, fantastic results in showing pass coverage. great sliders!
I actually went back to these sliders as well, I just like them the best, my updated sliders had problems after year one, QBs becoming too good, these sliders are good when you don't need to download a roster. many people have used my pass coverage sliders with their sliders for good results, so don't forget to check out those guys! they might have a set you like better! thanks for the compliment.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #223
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

I would have no issues with Madden if I didn't have to constantly tweek the sliders. It's one of the many annoying reasons why I haven't played Madden since Madden 09.

I got the game at the end of last month. First I had to constantly fix my auto-sub sliders. For some reason the game was doing the complete opposite of what I read online. The lower the slider, the more the sub came in. The higher the slider, the less the sub came in.

Now that I've gotten that straight, I've come to realize what is mentioned here. The WRs do not fight for the ball what-so-ever. If the WRs did, I would be great at the game. I throw the ball where it realistically should be caught. But the receiver does nothing but keep on running while the DB runs toward the ball.

It's also impossible for me to lead the WR. I tried lobbing it and it just becomes a underthrow. I try bullet and it just gets intercepted because the ball isn't high enough. This is with me holding up on the left stick. I practiced using the hail mary play. Also having the same problem in game.

All of this adds up to me not being able to throw to a WR unless he's wide open. I can't lead the receiver, the receiver doesn't fight for the ball, so I can't do much other than that. If a DB is on a WR, even just 1 on 1, the ball is either batted down or intercepted.

It's frustrating as hell and I'm thinking about giving up on Madden again and never playing anymore. The reason why I got it last month was because I missed playing football.

I'm going to try the sliders mentioned in the OP. If they don't work, that's it for me.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #224
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
I would have no issues with Madden if I didn't have to constantly tweek the sliders. It's one of the many annoying reasons why I haven't played Madden since Madden 09.

I got the game at the end of last month. First I had to constantly fix my auto-sub sliders. For some reason the game was doing the complete opposite of what I read online. The lower the slider, the more the sub came in. The higher the slider, the less the sub came in.

Now that I've gotten that straight, I've come to realize what is mentioned here. The WRs do not fight for the ball what-so-ever. If the WRs did, I would be great at the game. I throw the ball where it realistically should be caught. But the receiver does nothing but keep on running while the DB runs toward the ball.

It's also impossible for me to lead the WR. I tried lobbing it and it just becomes a underthrow. I try bullet and it just gets intercepted because the ball isn't high enough. This is with me holding up on the left stick. I practiced using the hail mary play. Also having the same problem in game.

All of this adds up to me not being able to throw to a WR unless he's wide open. I can't lead the receiver, the receiver doesn't fight for the ball, so I can't do much other than that. If a DB is on a WR, even just 1 on 1, the ball is either batted down or intercepted.

It's frustrating as hell and I'm thinking about giving up on Madden again and never playing anymore. The reason why I got it last month was because I missed playing football.

I'm going to try the sliders mentioned in the OP. If they don't work, that's it for me.
I have a suggestion, try Pro, the animations blow All-Pro and All-Madden away. I experienced the same things, where only the DB plays the ball, the receivers makes no effort at all. Because of this all my games were low scoring defensive battles. Then Whosnext mentioned how much better the game looked on Pro. I had been playing with his "E" sliders on All-Pro and switched to Pro, with game speed at normal and zero threshold, and saw a completely different game. Lots of animations I had never seen before and the game just seems to be more fluid and smooth. We may need to tweak the sliders a bit to make it more challenging but the game plays and looks far superior IMO. If your out of options give it a shot, it might save the game for you.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »