Home

I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders)

This is a discussion on I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders)

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers
Sep 27, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Cleveland Browns (0-0)3143626
Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0)770721
Team Stats Comparison
CLEPIT
Total Offense415297
Rushing Yards18632
Passing Yards229265
First Downs2017
Punt Return Yards04
Kick Return Yards2150
Total Yards436351
Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion9/15 7/12
4th Down Conversion0/00/0
2-Point Conversion0/10/0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/13/0
Penalties0/00/0
Posession Time25:5522:05
Cleveland Browns
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Manziel20/3622921
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
West271786.51
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Celek6559.11
Moore33612.00
Austin37224.01
Hawkins23015.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Taylor4200
Rubin1100
Martin5100
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Roethlisberger20/2720611
Gradkowski5/108110
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Bell19261.30
Blount133.01
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Moore78211.71
Brown5428.41
Wheaton46215.5
Miller4348.5
Bell35618.6

Things to note:

*I used the FBG rated rosters by SECElit3
*I use Coach Suggestions for my play calling both on offense and defense. I don't call the same play more than twice.
*I use Zoom camera on defense & Standard camera on offense
*All assists turned off

*Things that stood out during the game ->

1) CPU QB seems more aware. I saw them audible out of plays and make adjustments at the line. Roethlisberger went deep once but mostly medium to short passes. He was shredding my defense in the first half (was only sacked 1 time and that was off play action and after reviewing the replay it was definitely a coverage sack)...

Then I got my first INT (off Big Ben's one deep pass) in the third quarter. Then he had one 'brain fart' (aka 'mindlessly having happy feet in the pocket') and got BLASTED for a sack. He gets injured in the 3rd quarter and Gradkowski comes in for relief. So 2 sacks going into the 4th quarter.

Gradkowski came in and went 5/10 and also seemed to possess some pretty good awareness. When the pocket collapsed, he would attempt to get the ball out. He also got a set of 'happy feet' in the pocket on one occasion and got drilled for a sack. Then on the last play of the game, goin' for a hail mary, Gradkowski just stands in the pocket (and obviously all receivers are covered deep) and gets hit for another sack. He had quite a bit of time in the pocket and just didn't let it fly.

Total sacks: 4

2) Run game for Le'Veon Bell was non-existent.

3) Terrence West went off. Maybe the Human run game is too easy (and believe me, I'm not an expert on the sticks these days. LOL!)

Although there were 4 sacks, I felt the QBs for the most part exhibited more awareness in the pocket collapsing. But for some reason, the game didn't have that 'right' feel. I don't know how to explain it. B/c with your previous set, I felt like I was watchin' a game on Sunday (sans the sacks).

This could be b/c I used the FBG rated rosters and you based these sliders on EA's roster so will definitely run test games on that.

Stay tuned for more test games.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
So you are saying that if you play on fast that you don't get so many sacks?
That is for difficulty, it also makes it look better since threshold is at 10, I got many of my sacks because I am good at homing in on the QB, in the video you can see I missed a couple times, which is what OLBs and D-Linemen do in real games, that didn't happen to me on normal game speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
Rushin are you using only strafe off or all assists meaning ballhawk etc.?
No only strafe assist and the kicking line (that shows where to kick) are off. For people who control line-backers or saftys (I always control the d-line)

@Tyler28

on the video, and in many of my games, I didn't see any balls thrown towards the sidelines that were caught out of bounds, the WR/RB always caught them in bounds, the penalty sliders effect, and I actually did get a DPI call there in the video.

@kb0731

thanks for testing, one thing that is easy to adjust sliders for is good games, I thought with how I got crunched, many peope will like them because I am probably not as good at madden as a lot of people are, I know a lot of people have been playing for years and I don't buy the game every year, so all my skill has been developed from just madden 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@rushinplayallgame -

Thanks for sharing this updated slider set. I have actually been waiting to see if our slider gurus here at OS would make a set tailored to speed being at: 'Fast'. And the fact that you now have also tailored this set to address sacks is icing on the cake.

For everyone's reference, I have uploaded this new slider set to Madden Share so we can all get some testing in pronto! The files are titled: RUSHINPLAYALLGAME (both Player & CPU Skills) under the username: The_BBN_345.

Cheers fellas! Back in the lab for some testing (will be back shortly with boxscores)!

FYI, will test new set with SECElit3 (FBG Rosters) & Week 4 EA Rosters for OFFLINE, CFM.
thanks, I didn't want to upload without a general thumbs-up because I have my other set which I use and like but I know many people want different things from the game sO I am trying to help, I want for everyone to get enjoyable games for how they want to play madden. and from my set people said two things, two many sacks and also win easily, so for this set, I take same general idea behind my sliders and applied some ideas for lowing sacks and making it more difficult, for instance- I would stuff the CPU's run many times with pass protection play calls, now that never happens, if you want to stop a run, you better have a run stopping play called, or they will have a 7 YPC average, also you should mix up pass protection play calls, too many man or too many zone and the CPU will pick you apart.

@phipsi1

yes coverage sacks were a reason for many of my sacks, there were many more with my other set, and these tone it down a little bit. That looks like a good game, and I can see why you handed it off so much.

---

suggestions- if you turn down your run game, do it only slightly, I was testing these with stefen jackson.

if you are getting blown away by the other QB, try to vary play calls before adjusting sliders.

also- those dumb QBs you could sack 8 times a game, will still sack maybe 3 or 4 times, and those times you got 3 or 4 (with another set), look for 0 or 1, this is what I noticed, its only fix until EA comes a long and fixes their game, so, I'm looking forward to more reports, thanks for testing everyone.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
That is for difficulty, it also makes it look better since threshold is at 10, I got many of my sacks because I am good at homing in on the QB, in the video you can see I missed a couple times, which is what OLBs and D-Linemen do in real games, that didn't happen to me on normal game speed.

No only strafe assist and the kicking line (that shows where to kick) are off. For people who control line-backers or saftys (I always control the d-line)

@Tyler28

on the video, and in many of my games, I didn't see any balls thrown towards the sidelines that were caught out of bounds, the WR/RB always caught them in bounds, the penalty sliders effect, and I actually did get a DPI call there in the video.

@kb0731

thanks for testing, one thing that is easy to adjust sliders for is good games, I thought with how I got crunched, many peope will like them because I am probably not as good at madden as a lot of people are, I know a lot of people have been playing for years and I don't buy the game every year, so all my skill has been developed from just madden 15.

thanks, I didn't want to upload without a general thumbs-up because I have my other set which I use and like but I know many people want different things from the game sO I am trying to help, I want for everyone to get enjoyable games for how they want to play madden. and from my set people said two things, two many sacks and also win easily, so for this set, I take same general idea behind my sliders and applied some ideas for lowing sacks and making it more difficult, for instance- I would stuff the CPU's run many times with pass protection play calls, now that never happens, if you want to stop a run, you better have a run stopping play called, or they will have a 7 YPC average, also you should mix up pass protection play calls, too many man or too many zone and the CPU will pick you apart.

@phipsi1

yes coverage sacks were a reason for many of my sacks, there were many more with my other set, and these tone it down a little bit. That looks like a good game, and I can see why you handed it off so much.

---

suggestions- if you turn down your run game, do it only slightly, I was testing these with stefen jackson.

if you are getting blown away by the other QB, try to vary play calls before adjusting sliders.

also- those dumb QBs you could sack 8 times a game, will still sack maybe 3 or 4 times, and those times you got 3 or 4 (with another set), look for 0 or 1, this is what I noticed, its only fix until EA comes a long and fixes their game, so, I'm looking forward to more reports, thanks for testing everyone.

While I just tried a game on fast and I got 10 sacks. Man EA Please fix this crap! I haven't enjoyed a madden sences like madden 07 on game cube and I think this game is much improved but the sacks are making it to the point where I am just about to give up on this game. I know you say that penerties don't make a difference in the game but I do think that with the low reaction time that it effects the run game has while has the pass game. Before I tried this low reaction with high pass coverage I couldn't run the ball. Now with the reaction low I have been having to lower my run blocking has now it is to good. Before I lowerd the reaction will low I had my run blocking at like 58 now I have it back down to 50. I do think having PIF lower is better. I have noticed at 100 that no one can get there feet down on passes towards the sideline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #12
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I pled with people, give these at least 3 games. While the sack issue isn't totally fixed, these provide a very competitive game against the AI, without that all madden cpu overpowering feeling.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
While I just tried a game on fast and I got 10 sacks. Man EA Please fix this crap! I haven't enjoyed a madden sences like madden 07 on game cube and I think this game is much improved but the sacks are making it to the point where I am just about to give up on this game. I know you say that penerties don't make a difference in the game but I do think that with the low reaction time that it effects the run game has while has the pass game. Before I tried this low reaction with high pass coverage I couldn't run the ball. Now with the reaction low I have been having to lower my run blocking has now it is to good. Before I lowerd the reaction will low I had my run blocking at like 58 now I have it back down to 50. I do think having PIF lower is better. I have noticed at 100 that no one can get there feet down on passes towards the sideline.
10 wow, about the sideline thing- i noticed exactly the opposite, they ALWAYS get their feet in, so I really don't know what to say about this. I played 2 more games and got 3 sacks total, those were with a chiefs franchise with strong defensive players, I don't know why they get away from me, I'm WORKING to get those sacks, maybe I'm just lucky cause the game feels like it should to me, it's harder though, lost 24-6 with 300 passing yards (how do you lose that game? I don't know, I did)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I pled with people, give these at least 3 games. While the sack issue isn't totally fixed, these provide a very competitive game against the AI, without that all madden cpu overpowering feeling.
no I guess not fixed, I wil just say that I see less, but it is very competitive and you have to play well, I have been overpowered but I throw stupid passes sometimes.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #14
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I tried my first cfm with your other sliders other day a quarter and few minutes into the 2nd quarter I already had 8 sack's 5 by me 3 by the cmp....and bad thing about it I wasen't even trying to pressure the qb.

big ben seemed like he didn't wanna get rid of ball fast enough... 2 sacks came right up the gut.... and my lbers came free others ben ran around in backfield he escaped one guy only to run right into another defender.

some ppl say u don't need to use the qb edits anymore but when I played with those it seemed the qb didn't take as many sacks so I may have to go back to those to solve the problem.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I tried my first cfm with your other sliders other day a quarter and few minutes into the 2nd quarter I already had 8 sack's 5 by me 3 by the cmp....and bad thing about it I wasen't even trying to pressure the qb.

big ben seemed like he didn't wanna get rid of ball fast enough... 2 sacks came right up the gut.... and my lbers came free others ben ran around in backfield he escaped one guy only to run right into another defender.

some ppl say u don't need to use the qb edits anymore but when I played with those it seemed the qb didn't take as many sacks so I may have to go back to those to solve the problem.
well they do work, but a couple years into your CFM, it won't because new QBs come in, all EA really needs to do to fix the problem is allow editing players in CFM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #16
MVP

forme95's Arena

All EA has to do is update the CFM Roster including the draft players.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »