Home

Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

This is a discussion on Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #9
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

You really have to user a defender to cover drags and crosses....
Old 10-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #10
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
You really have to user a defender to cover drags and crosses....

Yeah I figured that, it's just stupid to see your CB just stand there for a second when the WR he is covering is half way across the field on a drag route before he moves.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
Yeah I figured that, it's just stupid to see your CB just stand there for a second when the WR he is covering is half way across the field on a drag route before he moves.
Yes, this is the most peculiar thing. On drags and crosses it's like that defender waits an extra second to even start thinking about covering the route, so they're always wide open in man regardless of sliders. This should not be.

The only hope you have of defending those in man is a bad through, a good user play, or enough of a delay via the press to throw the timing off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #12
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yes, this is the most peculiar thing. On drags and crosses it's like that defender waits an extra second to even start thinking about covering the route, so they're always wide open in man regardless of sliders. This should not be.

The only hope you have of defending those in man is a bad through, a good user play, or enough of a delay via the press to throw the timing off.

Yup that's it, so now I play man coverage with the secondary and put LB's in hook zones or QB spy and that solves some of it.... I always played straight man before but this years Madden I cant. I kinda like it better with the LB's in zone because I get less sacks and a more realistic completion percentage from the CPU QB, and I still see deep passes against me as well.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Love this thread as I'm trying to figure out what to do with pass coverage.

Too many sliders in Madden are so weak that it's hard to tell if they are even working. There should be NO debate as to whether 0 pass reaction means slower reactions/weaker pass defense like it should or be reversed. Rushin in his slider set said this is the case. Orageon (sp?) said he tested in practice mode and found the opposite. I'm going to simply assume that the simple solution is the best and that 0 means worse coverage.

Many slider sets have pass reaction and coverage at similar levels while some go with very low reaction and high coverage. I'm not quite sure what to do. I just tried the low reaction/high coverage and am not sure how much different it was after only 1 game.

I do agree that some routes like drags seem to be open no matter what against man. That's why I personally like to use LB or S Robber type plays where one man can sit in zone in the middle and help against that. Whenever I call Cover 2 Man I get chewed up by either drag routes or corner routes. I never call that defense anymore. I call Zone or a Robber Man defense unless I blitz.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #14
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

One hard truth to face: EA did not give enough variation to these sliders in question re animation library : slider value

I have experienced seeing CPU coverage moreso affected by the adjustments than HUM - this also applies to penalty sliders that influence coverage

Keep fighting but keep your heads ✊

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #15
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

I have noticed with the reaction slider in the 5-15 range (and pass coverage steady at 75) that HB screens turn into automatic sacks, especially against man coverage. The HB is covered tight, and the QB cannot drop back fast enough to throw before he is sacked (the DTs seems to move toward the QB faster). Against zone, they are slightly less suicidal (though most result in a hurried throw and incompletion). When it goes back to 50, HB screens work more or less as normal. From in season testing, it seems that, against screens at least, pass reaction has some effect on man coverage, though exactly what, I am not yet sure.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 10-06-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

^In the one game I played I got a bunch of sacks on cpu screens and it seemed worse than before. You may be right on that.

Some people have said pass reaction also has an effect on run defense as well. I have no idea if this is true or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »