Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

This is a discussion on Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2014, 10:51 PM   #33
Rookie
 
rushinplayallgame's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
I wish it was that easy heck I wish it was that easy with people lol
It is like comedy my friend, you have to make jokes to get laughs, sometimes they aren't funny, and sometimes women will hate you, but who cares you will never see them again.
rushinplayallgame is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #34
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Sep 2012
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
It is like comedy my friend, you have to make jokes to get laughs, sometimes they aren't funny, and sometimes women will hate you, but who cares you will never see them again.


While some times I can be funny but not enough to try to be funny lol. I am just a quit shy akward guy lol.
darkknightrises is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:55 PM   #35
MVP
 
4thQtrStre5S's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
What do you mean by that parried part? The only thing I think tackling does is make it so there are more missed or less missed tackles.
You notice in the sliders you have the following categories"

Passing:
QB acc
pass blk
wr catch

Rushing:
Run blk
fumble

Pass Defense:
Reaction Time
Interception
Pass Cover

Run Defense:
Tackle

all I am saying is maybe Reaction Time belong under the "Run Defense" category because when I raise or lower Reaction Time, i can actually see an effect on how well defenders attack the ball carrier... With Reaction Time @ zero, the defense is slow to react to the ball carrier, but at 100, the defense is all over the ball carrier. So I am thinking that Reaction time should go under the Run defense category with "tackle."

There used to be a run defense slider, but I believe in M14 or M25, they took it out and gave us what we got now...Considering how EA/Tiburon messes things up, it would not surprise me if they misplaced Reaction Time under pass defense instead of run defense...

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-06-2014 at 10:57 PM.
4thQtrStre5S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #36
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Sep 2012
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
You notice in the sliders you have the following categories"

Passing:
QB acc
pass blk
wr catch

Rushing:
Run blk
fumble

Pass Defense:
Reaction Time
Interception
Pass Cover

Run Defense:
Tackle

all I am saying is maybe Reaction Time belong under the "Run Defense" category because when I raise or lower Reaction Time, i can actually see an effect on how well defenders attack the ball carrier... With Reaction Time @ zero, the defense is slow to react to the ball carrier, but at 100, the defense is all over the ball carrier. So I am thinking that Reaction time should go under the Run defense category with "tackle."

The used to be a run defense slider, but I believe in M14 or M25, they took it out and gave us what we got now...Considering how EA/Tiburon messes things up, it would not surprise me if they misplaced Reaction Time under pass defense instead of run defense...


Oh ok. I never noticed with reaction time higher that the defenders attack the ball carrier more but like I said I did notice bigger holes to run though when I had the reaction time lower. Couldn't run the ball with fun blocking at 56 with reaction at 50 but then with reaction time at 4 I run the ball to while even with my run blocking at 50. Oh yeah ok I get what you mean. I think they may have just put reaction all into one thing.


What I mean is there used to be a broken tackles slider and now there is not but I think fumbles makes a difference with broken tackles now. I think reaction might be any reaction and I think fumbles is both broken tackles and how often guys fumble. What I mean is not only the higher the fumble slider the less fumbles you see but I also notice the lower the fumble slider the less the CPU will brake tackles and the less they will try to spin and make moves.
darkknightrises is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:05 PM   #37
Pro
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
I am not sure if the grounding slider makes a difference or not. I have heard people say if it is low the CPU takes less sacks and I have heard people say if you have it higher the CPU takes less sacks. I have tired it at 50 and 0 and I get like 8 sacks a game on both and I don't find that the CPU plays any different. I heard some one say having it at 80 with roughing the passer at 5 makes a differences but I have not tried that one yet. I think the PIF sliders do make a difference in the game play but I don't know if the other penerty sliders make a difference or not.



May I suggest that you do not think of sliders as having a LINEAR relationship to what happens in the game. True guru tweakers (don't include me in that pantheon) have long since known that EA's sliders are inter-related and do not literally ONLY do what their description indicates, and in essence this is part of the reason why developing a solid slider set is so challenging, because the elixir that we all seek is truly finding the yin & yang balance that makes the game play more like the game on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays that we see on the tube and less like the arcade down the street.


Case in point, QB ACC. This slider does have an impact on ACCURACY. But for the CPU, it also impacts decision making (tendency to become a dink and dunker vs. using the whole field, especially downfield) and the amount of time that the CPU QB holds the ball.


Bottom line: Consider thinking of slider tuning more like cooking, you need a balance of all ingredients, and some ingredients complement each other better than others.
MarketingWiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:22 PM   #38
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Sep 2012
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
May I suggest that you do not think of sliders as having a LINEAR relationship to what happens in the game. True guru tweakers (don't include me in that pantheon) have long since known that EA's sliders are inter-related and do not literally ONLY do what their description indicates, and in essence this is part of the reason why developing a solid slider set is so challenging, because the elixir that we all seek is truly finding the yin & yang balance that makes the game play more like the game on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays that we see on the tube and less like the arcade down the street.


Case in point, QB ACC. This slider does have an impact on ACCURACY. But for the CPU, it also impacts decision making (tendency to become a dink and dunker vs. using the whole field, especially downfield) and the amount of time that the CPU QB holds the ball.


Bottom line: Consider thinking of slider tuning more like cooking, you need a balance of all ingredients, and some ingredients complement each other better than others.

While that is what I mean I hear different things and really penertie sliders should not effect the game play. The reason I am going to try the roughing the passer at 5 with int grounding at 80 is just because I haven't tried it yet and I would do any thing to get the CPU to not hold on to the ball so long and the other things people have said have made no difference to me. Out side of sacks the game plays pretty while but the sacks are just about a game killer but I think the only thing that can fix it is a patch by ea.
darkknightrises is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:47 PM   #39
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Side note: I have spent the last few weeks sending out a form request through media outlets from Facebook to Twitter in hopes of getting official explanations of sliders and at what slider setting would we see pure, unmodified player rating game play.

I finally did get a reply, who replied is not of concern, just that they are in a position of knowledge and close work with game play; the individual stated that there have been no major changes to sliders since the last game, and there are no plans at this time in providing any detailed explanations of sliders and how they work or interact with the game and players....

So, again, as usual, the community is on its own. SMH

Actual reply I received in regards to slider explanations: " I'm gonna be honest with you; it's not gonna happen this year. We did little work on them, current descriptions are what we have."

Not to back track to much..one I read that comment from the member of EA..smh..two in the past several years has any member of the EA team come out and "fully explained" what each do? In all my years I can't remember any member current and past explaining sliders..or even for that matter dismissing "urban legends" of sliders..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #40
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Sep 2012
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Not to back track to much..one I read that comment from the member of EA..smh..two in the past several years has any member of the EA team come out and "fully explained" what each do? In all my years I can't remember any member current and past explaining sliders..or even for that matter dismissing "urban legends" of sliders..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I don't think any company has ever really said what there sliders really do for any sports game.
darkknightrises is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Top -