Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #1849
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Played a game with the Normal set, and it plays great. I went 16/30 with Matt McGloin, Brady went 24/35. Both RBs went about 3.7 average. From what I saw in this game, I have no complaints, only praise. Everything looked good. I'll try some more games.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:26 AM   #1850
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

OVR: 1

So thanks to the wonderful EA servers crapping out on me I had to replay the Carolina game. the results were pretty much the same with the exception of me doing much worse in the passing game.

Cam went 9 for 18, 95 yards 1 int and 5 sacks. Freeman went 17 for 26 183yds 2 tds, 2 ints and 2 sacks.

Bucs rushed 38 times for 171 yards, 4.5 ypc and the Panthers rushed 26 times for 113 yards, 4.3ypc

Although I destroyed them again 38-3, I really like the way this set plays. But unfortunately the total plays were low again at 115...Im thinking that because both teams were run focused the play count went down. hopefully when i play a team that passes more it will be closer to 120.

Last edited by adickerson; 05-10-2015 at 02:35 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:34 AM   #1851
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

Since the last game went so well, I decided to try one more before calling it a night. And i'm glad I did because it turned out to be one of the best games of madden that i've ever played. I couldn't hit the side of a barn with Freeman and ended up throwing 3 picks in the first quarter, one of them going for a pick 6 (Two of them were just really bad reads on my part, but the third was a horrible overthrow on a slant),this put me down by a few scores early which is not a position i am used to being in. It didn't get any better as Freeman was all over the place and I couldn't get a run game going to save my life.... I went into the 4th down by 5, sure that I was finally gonna lose one when I was able to intercept Bradford deep in their own territory late in the 4th. Freeman was miraculously able to string together a few completions and then hit Evans on a 5 yard slant for the go ahead score. I have to say it was one of most satisfying wins I have had playing Madden.

Tampa 30, St. Louis 26

Freeman - 18/39 248 yds, 2 td, 3 int, 4 sacks
Bradford - 29/46 342 yds, 1 td, 2 int, 3 sacks

Tampa - 27 att, 83 yds, 3 ypc
St. Louis - 18 att, 59yds, 3.3 ypc

Again my only real complaint is the number of plays, but this time it drastically went the other way with 137. I know there was a lot more passing in this one, but I don't know how that adds up to 22 more plays. That aside, im loving the way the game plays and I want to thank you for all your hard work.

Last edited by adickerson; 05-10-2015 at 04:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2015, 06:54 AM   #1852
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adickerson

Again my only real complaint is the number of plays, but this time it drastically went the other way with 137. I know there was a lot more passing in this one, but I don't know how that adds up to 22 more plays. That aside, im loving the way the game plays and I want to thank you for all your hard work.
I still prefer 15 minutes with 15 second runoff. 15 second runoff will have you and CPU both snapping the ball around 5 seconds to go, like a real game.

I'm 0-2 now with the Raiders using these. Last game I got beat by the Dolphins, 34-28 in overtime in a great game. I actually lead at halftime, 21-0. Then I got too conservative on offense and ended up paying for it.

I absolutely love how the CPU QB is on normal with these. They seem to play like actual thinking humans, even having those "oh ****" moments in the pocket and scrambling or throwing off their back foot, or throwing up prayers deep downfield. I'm seeing throws ALL OVER the field, which is great. Tannehill in my last game even started out 1/6 passing. I almost had to rub my eyes to believe what I was seeing. It was so refreshing.

Pre-mature to say obviously, but I'm not sure I'd tweak anything with this set..

Last edited by Von Dozier; 05-10-2015 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:03 AM   #1853
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I still prefer 15 minutes with 15 second runoff. 15 second runoff will have you and CPU both snapping the ball around 5 seconds to go, like a real game.

I'm 0-2 now with the Raiders using these. Last game I got beat by the Dolphins, 34-28 in overtime in a great game. I actually lead at halftime, 21-0. Then I got too conservative on offense and ended up paying for it.

I absolutely love how the CPU QB is on normal with these. They seem to play like actual thinking humans, even having those "oh ****" moments in the pocket and scrambling or throwing off their back foot, or throwing up prayers deep downfield. I'm seeing throws ALL OVER the field, which is great. Tannehill in my last game even started out 1/6 passing. I almost had to rub my eyes to believe what I was seeing. It was so refreshing.

Pre-mature to say obviously, but I'm not sure I'd tweak anything with this set..
I'm really glad you gave Normal a shot....it was such a shock to me how much it cleaned things up and it sounds like you are seeing the things that made me decide to switch over to it. I still prefer slow from an aesthetic perspective, but could never go back to it again given how much better the AI is on Normal.

I tend to agree as well in that I don't feel that any major tweaks are needed. Hopefully the gameplay can hold up over the long-term.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #1854
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adickerson
Again my only real complaint is the number of plays, but this time it drastically went the other way with 137. I know there was a lot more passing in this one, but I don't know how that adds up to 22 more plays.
There were 38 incomplete passes between the two teams in your game there. Let's assume that each team snaps the ball, on average, with 12 seconds left on the play clock (so, the play clock has moved 23 seconds). So, for those 38 incomplete passes, that leads to 874 seconds of play clock ticking down when the game clock is not. That is a LOT of time.

Break it down further. The two QBs completed 55% of their passes in that game. Let's say that they completed 65% of their passes (combined) in this game. That would yield approximately 8 additional completed passes in the game (or 8.25*23 second = 190 seconds of game clock chewed assuming ball being snapped with 12 seconds left). So, the fact that the two QBs completed 55% of their passes probably added another 3+ minutes of gametime...that's a fair number of plays to add to the total.

Another note: NFL teams averaged 64 plays per game last year (which means that there would be a total of 128 plays per game). What's interesting is that the plays ranged from 57.4 (Tenn) to 70.7 (Philly). That is a LOT of variance.

Long story short....I think the numbers you are seeing are dead-on.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:11 AM   #1855
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier

I ususally play 15/15 as well but I was finding that I had way too many plays on normal speed, like 145 plays a game.

I am with you on the QB play...the whole reason that I won that last game was because Brafford made a terrible throw right to my LB while trying to avoid the pass rush. I'm so happy to have a set where QB ratings actually matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2015, 10:13 AM   #1856
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
There were 38 incomplete passes between the two teams in your game there. Let's assume that each team snaps the ball, on average, with 12 seconds left on the play clock (so, the play clock has moved 23 seconds). So, for those 38 incomplete passes, that leads to 874 seconds of play clock ticking down when the game clock is not. That is a LOT of time.

Break it down further. The two QBs completed 55% of their passes in that game. Let's say that they completed 65% of their passes (combined) in this game. That would yield approximately 8 additional completed passes in the game (or 8.25*23 second = 190 seconds of game clock chewed assuming ball being snapped with 12 seconds left). So, the fact that the two QBs completed 55% of their passes probably added another 3+ minutes of gametime...that's a fair number of plays to add to the total.

Another note: NFL teams averaged 64 plays per game last year (which means that there would be a total of 128 plays per game). What's interesting is that the plays ranged from 57.4 (Tenn) to 70.7 (Philly). That is a LOT of variance.

Long story short....I think the numbers you are seeing are dead-on.
OK OK...uncle!!! I honestly didn't know that the average had gone up. so the numbers I'm seeing do make sense. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »