Home

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #177
Pro

letsgopens66's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Game one of my franchise with the Broncos. I'll play more to see how these play out but so far so good. The table for individual stats is labeled incorrectly FYI.

Carolina Panthers at Denver Broncos
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Carolina Panthers (1-0)1469332
Denver Broncos (0-1)7701024
Team Stats Comparison
CARDEN
Total Offense456274
Rushing Yards18481
Passing Yards272193
First Downs1912
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards551431
Turnovers01
3rd Down Converstion5/95/10
4th Down Conversion0/01/1
2-Point Conversion0/10/0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/23/0
Penalties6-627-41
Posession Time26:0221:58
Carolina Panthers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Mark Sanchez16/2520621
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C.J. Anderson15523.40
Mark Sanchez3227.30
Ronnie Hillman252.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Demaryius Thomas63660
Virgil Green3237.60
Ronnie Hillman2105.01
Emmanuel Sanders2102561
Garrett Graham22412.00
Jordan Norwood11111.00
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Cam Newton17/1928810
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jonathan Stewart141279.01
Cameron Artis-Payne114441
Cam Newton4133.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Greg Olsen78211.70
Ted Ginn Jr 47117.70
Kelvin Benjamin34715.60
Ed Dickson15050.01
Philly Brown12121.00
Jonathan Stewart11717.00
Denver Broncos

Last edited by letsgopens66; 08-27-2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: table mess up
Old 08-28-2016, 12:12 AM   #178
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

This is my first game with these sliders,everything felt pretty good,the only downside was Washington had no running game against my Steeler defense....will definitely try more games though,but it's an easy fix if the trnd continues...great job Charter.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Washington Redskins
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0)21231027
Washington Redskins (0-0)770014
Team Stats Comparison
PITWAS
Total Offense283161
Rushing Yards638
Passing Yards220153
First Downs167
Punt Return Yards1050
Kick Return Yards10586
Total Yards493247
Turnovers22
3rd Down Converstion4/121/12
4th Down Conversion00/1
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/01/0
Penalties7/658/55
Posession Time29:4922:11
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Big Ben24/3723422
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Williams21552.60
Big Ben252.50
Toussaint133.00
Washington Redskins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Cousins19/2820701
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jones1480.51
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-28-2016, 11:14 AM   #179
Rookie

rhys1879safc's Arena

OVR: 0

Okay I just played my first cfm game with these sliders. I only play 8 minute quarters. I won as the Rams against the 49ers 18-10 and I felt the game played very well. Goff and Gabbert were both at around 60% pass completion.

My only minor gripe is that I felt like I hardly had any time to throw the ball. There were a few times Goff was sacked practically as soon as the ball was snapped. Perhaps that's just me getting used to the game however as I've only played a couple of games since I bought it.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #180
Rookie

rhys1879safc's Arena

Just played my second game against Seattle and had so much fun with these sliders. I lost 27-26 but only because I missed a last second 45 yard field goal! I think I'm going to really enjoy this cfm.

Thanks for all your hard work charter.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:29 PM   #181
Rookie

After a full 2-14 seasons (with the Cowboys) I cannot understand how anyone is even getting a playable game with these sliders. Am I playing a different game or something? The CPU advantage is so massive that the games are basically unwinnable most of the time. I actually had to tune last year's All Madden sliders to make it harder, but I was still winning everything and couldn't get the game to a point where it was both fair and challenging.

I posted some bullet points about some of the issues that I'm having, but I'll go into more detail:

Starting with QB ACC. I do not understand the justification with having CPU ACC equal to the player. The CPU gets a significant ratings boost and can "see" every receiver on the field simultaneously. 15 is a good number for the player, but at 15 the CPU is still getting next to no errant throws. It needs to be significantly lower for the CPU.

Catching: CPU players catch virtually everything, regardless of ratings or coverage. HUM receivers will regularly have the ball just bounce off their hands, and are almost guaranteed to drop the ball if there is any contact made.

Pass Blocking: The Cowboys have a great OLine, And I'm getting no time. Zack Martin and Tyron Smith should not be regularly getting thrown around immediately after the snap by 70-rated defenders. I have to rush 7 if I want any pass rush whatsoever, and even then there's very little.

Run Blocking: HUM seems OK. I've had some success, but not as much as I probably should with the Cowboys Oline. Blockers are idiots, though, and basically ignore defenders right in front of them and there's no downfield blocking. I get no blocking at the second-level. CPU run blocking is absurd. Holes the width of the hashes on every inside running play, WRs block perfectly out outside runs, and great blocking down field. Once one of my players is blocked, he's effective eliminated from play because there is no block-shedding.

Pass Coverage: What coverage? Cowboys secondary is trash, but in 16 games I could probably count the number of passes broken up by my players on one hand. I'm lucky if there's a defender within even 5 yards of the CPU receiver. Only incompletions come from the rare errant CPU pass, a ball thrown away, or when the QB is hit while throwing. CPU coverage is basically perfect. Occasionally I'll have an open check-down, but for the most part I'm going through my progression and seeing nothing but every receiver being completely blanketed by at least one guy. Completions are basically on ultra-safe, low-reward throws, or by pure chance.

Interceptions. Can't even tell for HUM, because defenders can never make a play on the ball. I had one all season. Between perfect coverage and the abundance of arrant HUM throws, CPU gets tons of interceptions. The rate is probably accurate, though.

Fumbles. Have not seen one CPU fumble. I've had a few normal fumbles, but Romo fumbles literally every time he gets his while throwing. I don't think it has even once been called an incompletion.

Tackling. Seems alright. CPU breaks more, but not too many. Human has very few.

I think the first goal of any All-Madden slider set should be to eliminate the CPU ratings advantage by lowering every slider a proportionate amount relative to HUM, and then tune for realism from there. As it is, ratings don't matter, and there's no realism or fair challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #182
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondite
After a full 2-14 seasons (with the Cowboys) I cannot understand how anyone is even getting a playable game with these sliders. Am I playing a different game or something? The CPU advantage is so massive that the games are basically unwinnable most of the time. I actually had to tune last year's All Madden sliders to make it harder, but I was still winning everything and couldn't get the game to a point where it was both fair and challenging.

I posted some bullet points about some of the issues that I'm having, but I'll go into more detail:

Starting with QB ACC. I do not understand the justification with having CPU ACC equal to the player. The CPU gets a significant ratings boost and can "see" every receiver on the field simultaneously. 15 is a good number for the player, but at 15 the CPU is still getting next to no errant throws. It needs to be significantly lower for the CPU.

Catching: CPU players catch virtually everything, regardless of ratings or coverage. HUM receivers will regularly have the ball just bounce off their hands, and are almost guaranteed to drop the ball if there is any contact made.

Pass Blocking: The Cowboys have a great OLine, And I'm getting no time. Zack Martin and Tyron Smith should not be regularly getting thrown around immediately after the snap by 70-rated defenders. I have to rush 7 if I want any pass rush whatsoever, and even then there's very little.

Run Blocking: HUM seems OK. I've had some success, but not as much as I probably should with the Cowboys Oline. Blockers are idiots, though, and basically ignore defenders right in front of them and there's no downfield blocking. I get no blocking at the second-level. CPU run blocking is absurd. Holes the width of the hashes on every inside running play, WRs block perfectly out outside runs, and great blocking down field. Once one of my players is blocked, he's effective eliminated from play because there is no block-shedding.

Pass Coverage: What coverage? Cowboys secondary is trash, but in 16 games I could probably count the number of passes broken up by my players on one hand. I'm lucky if there's a defender within even 5 yards of the CPU receiver. Only incompletions come from the rare errant CPU pass, a ball thrown away, or when the QB is hit while throwing. CPU coverage is basically perfect. Occasionally I'll have an open check-down, but for the most part I'm going through my progression and seeing nothing but every receiver being completely blanketed by at least one guy. Completions are basically on ultra-safe, low-reward throws, or by pure chance.

Interceptions. Can't even tell for HUM, because defenders can never make a play on the ball. I had one all season. Between perfect coverage and the abundance of arrant HUM throws, CPU gets tons of interceptions. The rate is probably accurate, though.

Fumbles. Have not seen one CPU fumble. I've had a few normal fumbles, but Romo fumbles literally every time he gets his while throwing. I don't think it has even once been called an incompletion.

I think the first goal of any All-Madden slider set should be to eliminate the CPU ratings advantage by lowering every slider a proportionate amount relative to HUM, and then tune for realism from there. As it is, ratings don't matter, and there's no realism or fair challenge.
Maybe this isn't the set for you because I have seen literally 0 of the things you said.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 08-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #183
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondite

Maybe try an all pro set

I havent seen any of these issues with this set or just playing madden on default in general. im lost for ideas to help you because im seeing a totally different game

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2016, 01:59 PM   #184
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys1879safc
Okay I just played my first cfm game with these sliders. I only play 8 minute quarters. I won as the Rams against the 49ers 18-10 and I felt the game played very well. Goff and Gabbert were both at around 60% pass completion.

My only minor gripe is that I felt like I hardly had any time to throw the ball. There were a few times Goff was sacked practically as soon as the ball was snapped. Perhaps that's just me getting used to the game however as I've only played a couple of games since I bought it.

Yea you either have to use slide protection and use a RB to block or you may have to raise user pass block a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »