Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 04:23 PM   #1273
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
We are all good down here. Storm totally missed us in South Florida. We dodged a huge bullet.

So I am doing this now.

I create the coach (using the modern day real coach as always) for my opponent that week and only set the formation subs.

The game plays great on default team specific playbook post patch!!!

Not only that, once I set those formation subs (to get the other RB's work) I retire the coach before I even play the game so I can set uniforms for the CPU team.

The formation subs stick.

Now I am going to see what we do when coaches are fired or retire. I am now in the post season of Year 1 and Pagano was fired and Jeff Fisher retired.
Good to hear you're okay. Do you not set the auto subs for the CPU?
Old 10-07-2016, 04:33 PM   #1274
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
One thing that I add in for preseason is that I will progress a player before I release them. From what I can tell if you cut and resign a guy his XP stays but if another team signs him he loses it. So before I cut him I give him the benefit of his XP with my team. I've seen guys gain 3-4 awareness after 2-3 preseason weeks. It gives those guys a chance of getting with another team.
I don't see this, when teams cut in weeks 3/4 I can look at other players XP in FA and have used it
Old 10-07-2016, 05:06 PM   #1275
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Anyone having issues with autosubs since the patch? Without formation subs, I am getting 0 subs on current fatigue settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #1276
Just started!

First of all, thank you for all of your hard work over the years, Armor.

With that said, I'm finding this slider set to be giving up too much offense. I play as the Vikes in CFM and am currently the top offense in the league. Bradford leads all QBs in yards and TD passes. My defense is also in the top 3, which is understandable, but combined with a top offense it seems ridiculous. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, Bradford has like 30 INTs through week 16 but I'm still 10-4. Has anyone else dominated like this using these sliders?

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2016, 06:54 PM   #1277
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesnowman
First of all, thank you for all of your hard work over the years, Armor.

With that said, I'm finding this slider set to be giving up too much offense. I play as the Vikes in CFM and am currently the top offense in the league. Bradford leads all QBs in yards and TD passes. My defense is also in the top 3, which is understandable, but combined with a top offense it seems ridiculous. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, Bradford has like 30 INTs through week 16 but I'm still 10-4. Has anyone else dominated like this using these sliders?

Thanks!
I went 10-6 with these sliders and Romo through 32 picks in the season. INT's are a big problem across the board on all sliders, especially with the new patch. Superman LB's who can cover WR's and Leaping CB one handed picks seem to be the norm. I learn to deal with it realizing the game is madden and for some reason every single year there is a problem
Old 10-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #1278
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
I went 10-6 with these sliders and Romo through 32 picks in the season. INT's are a big problem across the board on all sliders, especially with the new patch. Superman LB's who can cover WR's and Leaping CB one handed picks seem to be the norm. I learn to deal with it realizing the game is madden and for some reason every single year there is a problem
I haven't thrown a pick yet. I have fumbled a lot but I've learned something that I feel has added a huge challenge to the game. Every time Im about to get tackled, I've learned to use the protect the ball button. In real life football all guys brace for the hit and protect that ball. Instead of getting the ball and instantly putting a huge juke on the defender I always look to protect the ball then worry about which moves to put on.

I'm 0-1 so far in year 2 and currently down 10-0 in the first quarter of week 2. Right now the only concern on my mind is how the cpu teams are going to manage their own teams. I hate when they take a QB in the first round then the following year they draft another 1st round QB. I miss 32 team control but not all the work that went behind it lol.

After year 1 did any of you see any major free agents? I only had 2 real big names on the list
Old 10-07-2016, 09:56 PM   #1279
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I am in the post season of Year 1. Once I get to the off-season I will give a report on how the CPU did.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-07-2016, 10:25 PM   #1280
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am in the post season of Year 1. Once I get to the off-season I will give a report on how the CPU did.
I must say they made decent moves. A few questionable but that's a given so it didn't ruin nothing for me. Year 2 offseason is the big one because you get to see if they make questionable draft choices.

Let me know the top 10 free agents once you get there. Thanks buddy.

Just got to 1-1 after a huge win against a Carolina team that lost in the conference final to Detroit last season.

A year ago my Bills defense was putrid ranking 31st in total defense and I gave up the most pass yards in the league.

I actually let Stephon Gilmore walk partially because of this reason and I just couldn't afford him. In the draft I amazingly enough didn't go with a CB in the first round but instead I got a stud DE with the 17th overall pick (78 overall rating). I went defense again in the 2nd round hitting on a strong safety (80 overall).

Seems crazy but I didn't go CB until the 6th round and he's nothing to write home about. Instead I made a trade with the Rams for Lamarcus Joyner. It cost me a corner and 2nd pick but it was a huge need.

I really hope that one day EA will find a way to make CPU teams smarter in the offseason. Still having my typical fun with Madden regardless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »