Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #1657
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Version 1.2 now updated on the OP

Fatigue - 70
False Start - 50
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-02-2017, 09:13 PM   #1658

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Two questions I got for ya Armor. Have you ever tried playing with the speed threshold at 90? Secondly, what are the CPU rushing totals like for you? The CPU struggles more times then not in the running game and I read some opinions that speed threshold at 90 helped with the wide open gameplay and made it more of a defensive battle. Im curious to hear if youve got any feedback on either when you get a chance.

I did lower human accuracy to 15 and am playing my first game with that, Glennon and his average ratings are a little too accurate even when using total control passing and damn near trying to miss the receiver. I'm also considering raising the run block for the CPU but figure I'd tackle one thing at a time, in the mean time I'm hopeful you can shed some light on this for me.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:54 AM   #1659

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Two questions I got for ya Armor. Have you ever tried playing with the speed threshold at 90? Secondly, what are the CPU rushing totals like for you? The CPU struggles more times then not in the running game and I read some opinions that speed threshold at 90 helped with the wide open gameplay and made it more of a defensive battle. Im curious to hear if youve got any feedback on either when you get a chance.

I did lower human accuracy to 15 and am playing my first game with that, Glennon and his average ratings are a little too accurate even when using total control passing and damn near trying to miss the receiver. I'm also considering raising the run block for the CPU but figure I'd tackle one thing at a time, in the mean time I'm hopeful you can shed some light on this for me.
Only played one game last night but with my starting QB Ackerman out yet again due to injury I was forced to start Mike Glennon who is nowhere near as accurate. With the accuracy slider at 20 I was completing 66% of his passes, which would be a career high for him it appears. I played a game against Detroit and Glennon went 11/21 (52.4%) with an INT, much more what I'd expect from a mid tier QB with sub 80's in MAC and DAC. Granted some of his throws looked downright ridiculous, throwing a out route halfway into the sideline for instance, but seeing as it is Mike Glennon I didn't have any issues with it.

As for the CPU Run Block, Detroit was actually able to run on me fine which was nice to see as the last 3 teams I played averaged less then 3 yards a carry and it seemed like it was getting far too easy so I'll be leaving that setting alone for the time being.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:20 PM   #1660
Pro

I've had the same issue with pass accuracy at 20. Roethlisberger got injured for a few weeks and I destroyed 2 good teams with Landry Jones and without AB or ladarius green too. 75% and 66%. He's rated a 67. I think ill try 15 again too.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #1661

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
I've had the same issue with pass accuracy at 20. Roethlisberger got injured for a few weeks and I destroyed 2 good teams with Landry Jones and without AB or ladarius green too. 75% and 66%. He's rated a 67. I think ill try 15 again too.
Yeah next thing I might toy with is speed threshold at 90, logically raising it to that closes down the difference in speeds between players, should tighten up some of the pass defense and provide defensive battles more frequently but I don't want my defense to become too good either as they aren't all that great as it is. Basically I just want the CPU to be closer on routes and the biggest issue I've noticed is horrible pursuit angles at times by the CPU but I don't even know if speed threshold will have any effect on that anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #1662
MVP

OVR: 6

Yea I've been playing at user QB accuracy at 15 since the start of my 2nd season w/ the Browns.

One thing to consider for increasing the run game potency for the CPU is decreasing user tackle a tiny bit. Outside of the elite running backs I don't see too many broken tackles outside of whiffs on the CPU's favorite spin move in the open field.

I personally find the cpu coverage pretty good. Some routes they just never cover well in Madden which is why I limit the use of certain plays / routes when using suggested play calling. Slants, out routes, comebacks, streaks with no safety help over the top are all insanely easy reads on whether they will be open or not. I don't make any hot routes outside of my running back if I smell a blitz or a tight end to block.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #1663

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
Yea I've been playing at user QB accuracy at 15 since the start of my 2nd season w/ the Browns.

One thing to consider for increasing the run game potency for the CPU is decreasing user tackle a tiny bit. Outside of the elite running backs I don't see too many broken tackles outside of whiffs on the CPU's favorite spin move in the open field.

I personally find the cpu coverage pretty good. Some routes they just never cover well in Madden which is why I limit the use of certain plays / routes when using suggested play calling. Slants, out routes, comebacks, streaks with no safety help over the top are all insanely easy reads on whether they will be open or not. I don't make any hot routes outside of my running back if I smell a blitz or a tight end to block.
That is my biggest lone issue, the consistent self policing that we must do. You just named 4 different routes and I'll add corner routes, angle routes and drags as they don't cover them well either. What routes are left? The CPU covers curl routes the best and thats about it, if I went that route I'd be throwing curls and double moves all game and that's it lol.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:14 PM   #1664
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
That is my biggest lone issue, the consistent self policing that we must do. You just named 4 different routes and I'll add corner routes, angle routes and drags as they don't cover them well either. What routes are left? The CPU covers curl routes the best and thats about it, if I went that route I'd be throwing curls and double moves all game and that's it lol.
I deleted my comment as I was being overall critical and kind of a pessimist/jerk.

I just made a couple changes and I've noticed a difference.

Hum/cpu acc 15
CPU rbk 70
CPU coverage sliders 60, 60

First half against the Broncos was miserable. Defense too good. Felt great.

Last edited by combo87; 03-03-2017 at 10:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »