Home

TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 04:40 PM   #521
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhamlin
“Guideline 1 - I sim all training to make sure I only get a bronze. CPU teams do train but it's always the bronze star level and I don't want to cheat them.”

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think this assumption is wrong. I’m in the first week of the 2016 preseason with the Colts. I’ve traded for Deon Bucanon, Jeremy Hill, Bradley Roby, Jaylon Smith, and Danielle Hunter. I can’t see a Progression History for any of the players, yet they already have XP. Bucanon has 300 XP and normal dev trait, Hill has 200 XP and quick dev trait, Roby has 0 XP and normal dev trait, Smith has 400 XP and quick dev trait, and Hunter has 300 with normal dev trait. To me, these numbers prove certain things. Bucanon and Hunter got a gold training plus focus (200+100). Hill either got a gold or he got a focus, not both, since each equals 200. Roby got no medal and no focus, and so has zero XP. Smith has 400, which means he got a gold training plus a focus, which since he has quick dev, is 200+200.
Or what you can do is sim a week and start looking at cpu players. That's what I did. Quite a few weeks actually. This will tell you exactly what the progression history looks like. All seemed to coincide with the cpu gameplan sim being bronze. Either way I still stand by simming bronze. We can already out progress the cpu because we can think and the cpu has to use algorithms. No need to gain an advantage.

Now with that remember that is my own guideline. Nobody has to follow that. You only have to follow the 3 rules.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 05:52 PM   #522
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Even with 4 weeks progression, if player gets big amount of XP at end of the year because of awards etc... CPU still buys development trait. Saw the Cowboys bumped Lucky Whitehead from normal to Superstar in one year. He had like 1100 yards and 10 tds and Jaylon Smith is a 90 overall as they bumped his development from quick to superstar and his awareness is a 99.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:05 PM   #523
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
thats exactly what I do. when I choose what to upgrade it feels like cheating
It definitely seems like it. How is it realistic to dump all of your xp points into man coverage in one year? like if a rookie comes into the league with 80 man coverage and by year 2 he's at 95 man coverage thats too much progression in too little of time.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #524
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

You guys just settled in on the 4 week progression listed a few days back?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 07:36 PM   #525
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin

Yeah its in the OP

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #526
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:

I'm pretty much locked in on that set.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:43 PM   #527
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Even with 4 weeks progression, if player gets big amount of XP at end of the year because of awards etc... CPU still buys development trait. Saw the Cowboys bumped Lucky Whitehead from normal to Superstar in one year. He had like 1100 yards and 10 tds and Jaylon Smith is a 90 overall as they bumped his development from quick to superstar and his awareness is a 99.
I figured that would still happen. But it shouldn't be that frrquent considering there are only so many awards given out. Plus it's kinda cool to have a guy breakout and get a development boost.

As for Awr being 99 that's the one draw back to 4 week progression if you do consider it a draw back. With the cpu spending all xp every 4 weeks a lot of the time they may only have enough to but Awr since it is relatively cheap compared to other things. One thing the cpu will not upgrade even if they have the xp is injury and toughness. Just something I noticed.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:48 PM   #528
Banned

rich8682's Arena

I'm just so hype for the patch to drop. Can't wait to start cfm.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »