Home

TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 12:15 AM   #601
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

I think if you are going to go random for the user, you will want to put limits on silver and gold. Especially gold and maybe every once in a while go silver. Also, the game was designed with default xp in mind. So you will likely see cpu training results based on that.

Last edited by GrayDawg; 10-11-2016 at 12:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #602
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3

Anyone knows how this affects human users. We have a 3 team league going and thinking of implementing these sliders but are afraid of the human boost being way too significant. I know tdawg recommended bronze training but we are in year 3 and we all pretty much have gold on all or almost all of the drills so simming drills not an option. I know these work great when simming down the road, but any evidence for people actually playing as far as if it's too overpowered towards human users or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2016, 07:00 PM   #603
Banned

has any one tried to alternate between end of season progression and every four weeks ? using end of season for 2016 and every four weeks in 2017 ?
Old 10-14-2016, 07:13 PM   #604
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdawg9
Anyone knows how this affects human users. We have a 3 team league going and thinking of implementing these sliders but are afraid of the human boost being way too significant. I know tdawg recommended bronze training but we are in year 3 and we all pretty much have gold on all or almost all of the drills so simming drills not an option. I know these work great when simming down the road, but any evidence for people actually playing as far as if it's too overpowered towards human users or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It really depends. Any xp set that seeks realistic cpu progressing can unfortunately be exploited to a certain extent by human players. It's the nature of the beast. So far I've been very happy with how I've been able to progress players in a realistic manner. But I don't allow myself to use any exploits. So if the other two players in your league are not looking for exploits and want to play sim it should work fine.

As far as the whole overpowered for humans that really doesn't matter. These are designed for realistic cpu progression. If you lower the sliders it doesn't change how a human can progress. You still will have an advantage over the cpu if you want. Lowering just nerfs the cpus progression and makes your league very subpar down the road.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #605
Rookie

OVR: 1

I haven't been able to find any sets of xp sliders that are made by 32 human controlled teams, do you think these would work? What kind of changes do you think would need to be made if all teams were human controlled?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 09:47 PM   #606
Banned

And what if we just leave XP at default ?

Is that a bad thing ?

thanks
Old 10-19-2016, 10:09 AM   #607
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
I haven't been able to find any sets of xp sliders that are made by 32 human controlled teams, do you think these would work? What kind of changes do you think would need to be made if all teams were human controlled?

I used these tests as my baseline & adjusted from there to account for 32 humans all being smarter about who they develop & that most of the dev will be gold. I don't have multiple seasons I can just 'test' with 32 humans, so there could still be some problem points with my set... but I would not advise using tdawg's for 32 man leagues, it's designed for CPU bronze level league-wide progression.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-sliders.html

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 10-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #608
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
I used these tests as my baseline & adjusted from there to account for 32 humans all being smarter about who they develop & that most of the dev will be gold. I don't have multiple seasons I can just 'test' with 32 humans, so there could still be some problem points with my set... but I would not advise using tdawg's for 32 man leagues, it's designed for CPU bronze level league-wide progression.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-sliders.html
This is 100% correct.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »