Home

Wiz Slider Observations

This is a discussion on Wiz Slider Observations within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2017, 05:14 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wiz Slider Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCraven
I always have a cpu vs. cpu league going as well. Sorry if I'm being dense, but are you saying you use the other settings (human vs. cpu) as they stand and just change the cpu QB accuracy to be the same as the human setting? Meaning, you leave the differences in pass blocking, etc.?
so im pretty much using wiz's "cpu sliders" (with the only change being qb accuracy at 40) and putting it in for both human and cpu
so pretty much

PLAYER SKILL

QB ACC: 40
PASS BLK: 53
WR CATCH: 49
RUN BLK: 50
FUMBLES: 47
PASS DEF REAC TIME: 51
INTERCEPTIONS: 37
PASS COVERAGE: 50
TACKLING: 53

CPU SKILL

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 10:13 PM   #82
Rookie

Got it, thank you! I'll try these out for my cpu vs. cpu league.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:39 AM   #83
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria416
so im pretty much using wiz's "cpu sliders" (with the only change being qb accuracy at 40) and putting it in for both human and cpu
so pretty much

PLAYER SKILL

CPU SKILL

Very nice indeed! I put these in and changed the threshold to 65 which for me has made a big difference in the way the game looks and plays in CPU v CPU. I am seeing such great looking game this way. I have been playing key moments but then going to slow and watching that moment play out until change of possession. The game is so smooth and I am seeing both Qbs moving around making throws on the run. Also seen Russel Wilson take off in the redzone for the endzone getting stopped just short, was great to see. Also noticed that coaching changes are taking place while in spectator mode which was so awesome to see. Saw the changes made scroll across under the ticker on the goaline during a stand. Very nice!

For all the CPU v CPU players out there give these a go.

Thanks Wiz for all the work and the entertaining posts, let the brew flow.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #84
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

I can't run.....i almost started crying...i love these otherwise. But two games with OAK and Lynch is 36 for 49 lol....horrid

Sent from my SM-G360T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just wanted to say thank you wiz, I've tried a lot of sliders and have never got such a realistic gameplay stats wise AND such a challenging gameplay as with yours. I am using your house rules and that's really important to get realistic results. I am using Sabo's custom playbooks for the CPu, and that's fundamental IMO for any kind of realistic gameplay: less sacks on the CPU because no more predictable 4 verts on 3rd and long, and no more predictable running on 3rd and short. I've had to up the CPU run block to 57 because they were constantly averaging around 3 yards per carry, probably because the custom playbooks makes them use all kinds of runs, and some just don't work as good as others. I can only recommend you use Sabo's playbooks too for the CPU, especially as you are (rightly so) complaining about the abysmal and predictable CUP playcalling. I hope you keep on brewing after the next patch!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2017, 02:25 PM   #86
Pro

OVR: 5

Gents....

The Wiz is brewing....

Apologies for being more absent than present, but my ol' lady convinced me (errrrrrr coerced me) into getting the kitchen remodeled and that project has been a real witch, if you know what I mean...

I do have some SLIGHT tweaks to the original brew and hope to have something out to all my peeps who are BLOWING up my private eMail for an update to the original gem....

Wizzzzzzzzzzzzz.... Out.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #87
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Gonna have to give these a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-26-2017, 12:12 PM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
I can't run.....i almost started crying...i love these otherwise. But two games with OAK and Lynch is 36 for 49 lol....horrid

Sent from my SM-G360T using Operation Sports mobile app
keep trying, the game this year is very realistic in terms of running imo, some games the other team just completely stuffs you, and you cant get anything going and average 1-3ypc, then some games you bust the D wide open and run for 4-6ypc... what i've found is key to success vs defeat in your run game is really play calling, you really have to read the defense pre-snap, and look at what play they call after every down and really try to out-call them, so for example, if they keep blitzing their linebackers in the middle (likely stuffing any kind of inside run you do), adjust and call a quick pitch outside and leave them in the dust... if they are calling a lot of zones, come out in a strong TE/FB package and power/iso them up the gut... if they are calling a lot of man-to-man, come out in a 3WR set (to get them to put in more DBs instead of LBs) and call a counter... if they are playing Cover 4 or something deep, do a quick WR screen... if you play the game like a chess match and really try to dissect and guess their next play call, you can definitely pound the ball down their throats successfully, and imo its extraordinarily satisfying when you do cuz you know that it is completely earned and not just bc the game is easy or anything like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »