Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2018, 07:12 AM   #945
Pro

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Heya josh, have you experimented with the 77 threshold at all with these? Or finding coverage at 65 is sufficient?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #946
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Heya josh, have you experimented with the 77 threshold at all with these? Or finding coverage at 65 is sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

IMO I was using 77 for a while the switched to josh and with his exact sliders and setting I felt like it was more on point less aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-05-2018, 10:31 AM   #947
Banned

Honestly I am completely blown away I have been messing with sliders since the beginning and I went with josh set and never had a greater more balanced game with ups and downs I’m speechless

Old 12-05-2018, 10:53 AM   #948
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Here is my take on why I selected the 65 threshold:

Above 65: lineman speed and RB speed are too close. Basically, as you approach 75 (the old 50 thresh) and obviously , the linemen hit their blocks, disengage and are going upfield before the backs even get to the LOS. So, your first level defenders are basically roaming free and you get CPU RBs not knowing what to do. Coverage-wise, it is SO tight, that CPU QBs either check-down way too much, force too many throws, or run around in the pocket not knowing what to do. One plus at 77 thresh is that it DOES animate very nicely...but the other issues kill its viability using default sliders (and frankly, I could never really fix the linemen downfield issue with ANY sliders when we ran with the original 50 thresh).

Below 65: it's a bit more viable, but you run into other issues with the run game. Namely, runners are so much faster than the linemen that they hit the LOS before blocks can even set up. You also get those odd situations where lead blockers (e.g. FBs) are in no position to block anyone because the runner is already past them. The lack of set-up blocks causes the CPU run game issues as they don't react well to continually changing conditions like this (i.e. they don't aniticipate well). This can still work for user v user games as humans can react WAY better, anticipate blocks, and grind ahead better. I think the current default 50 thresh is geared more towards competitive play vs games against the CPU.

I've tested a range from 50-75 (and also assessed 77) and 65 has really felt like a sweet spot for thresh. It works very well in syncing the run game but also in adding an appropriate degree of challenge in the passing game. I also feel that the more you drift away from it, the more likely you are to require gameplay slider adjustments; which is the antithesis of what this slider set is built around.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:29 PM   #949
Pro

Woad23's Arena

As always thanks so much for your input and time so slackers like me can just plug and play =)
Old 12-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #950
Banned

Quote:
As always thanks so much for your input and time so slackers like me can just plug and play =)

I agree! Bro I tried doing my own rosters and sliders and it’s never ending then I came across josh and I’m in love with the simplicity and pleasantly surprised in the amazing game play

Old 12-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #951
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnav
I agree! Bro I tried doing my own rosters and sliders and it’s never ending then I came across josh and I’m in love with the simplicity and pleasantly surprised in the amazing game play

I am all about simplicity. To me, modifying sliders is like being that person who changes lanes 5 times in the middle of a traffic jam in an effort to get ahead...and then winds-up right beside you when you just went with the flow.

I'm really glad you were open to giving these a shot and that you're enjoying them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 05:36 PM   #952
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I am all about simplicity. To me, modifying sliders is like being that person who changes lanes 5 times in the middle of a traffic jam in an effort to get ahead...and then winds-up right beside you when you just went with the flow.

I'm really glad you were open to giving these a shot and that you're enjoying them.

Haha sounds like my wife driving and I’m like I told you this would happen as we pull up next to people we tried to past so I finally decided to listen to my own advice thanks again

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »