Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 11:06 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Half way into the season in my Falcons CFM. Hasn't been too bad for me honestly. Once you learn the new ball carrier movement it's not too bad. Have seen some AWFUL OL play, and I'd say the Falcons are at least top 5 at that position. Lots of missed blocks and the getting chased down from behind fopr -3 yards.

Anyways,
finished a game with the new sliders. Cowboys @ Falcons 20-27 ATL. Both QBs over 300. Both Zeke and Freeman under 100. Free 78, Zeke 54. What I noticed most was how some of the ratings seemed off? The Corners for Dallas knocked quite a few would be touchdowns out of Julio Jones' hands. I'm not trying to be too much of a homer here, but I doubt those corners really would have made some of the plays they did. To add to that Terrance Newman was catching everything, and my defense always let a guy wide open that Dak would find. They've been pretty solid most of the year against the pass, could just be one of those hiccups, Happens every year in the NFL to good defenses so I guess it's not too big of a deal.

As far as injuries for the new sliders. Nothing crazy from one game. Jack crawford out 7 weeks ( arm fracture) Dieon Jones out 4 weeks (abdominal tear)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 11:21 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack6900
Half way into the season in my Falcons CFM. Hasn't been too bad for me honestly. Once you learn the new ball carrier movement it's not too bad. Have seen some AWFUL OL play, and I'd say the Falcons are at least top 5 at that position. Lots of missed blocks and the getting chased down from behind fopr -3 yards.

Anyways,
finished a game with the new sliders. Cowboys @ Falcons 20-27 ATL. Both QBs over 300. Both Zeke and Freeman under 100. Free 78, Zeke 54. What I noticed most was how some of the ratings seemed off? The Corners for Dallas knocked quite a few would be touchdowns out of Julio Jones' hands. I'm not trying to be too much of a homer here, but I doubt those corners really would have made some of the plays they did. To add to that Terrance Newman was catching everything, and my defense always let a guy wide open that Dak would find. They've been pretty solid most of the year against the pass, could just be one of those hiccups, Happens every year in the NFL to good defenses so I guess it's not too big of a deal.

As far as injuries for the new sliders. Nothing crazy from one game. Jack crawford out 7 weeks ( arm fracture) Dieon Jones out 4 weeks (abdominal tear)
Player edits would help the oline play. It’s the HIGH MOTOR trait turn ON. Too over-aggressive. But i think everybody just wants a quick set to play before the patch hits and we go back to the old drawing board. We dont want to waste the time on player edits. Believe you me, I was the biggest advocate for player edits last year.

Is there anyway to save patches. Seems like right when we get the game playing right, a patch drops, and we’re chasing Moby Dick again.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:38 AM   #147
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Another game where the CPU could move the ball up and down the field on me - but only to throw interceptions. Dalton decided that he would top Big Ben and throw 5 interceptions including one pick six.

The CPU running game was good. The Bengals lost Gio for the season with a 23 week injury (torn rotator cuff). Mixon came in and did a ok job with 4.2 YPC. So 2 games with the current sliders and for me I don't think the CPU running game is the problem anymore. It's the interceptions that's giving me WAY too big wins eventhough they are moving the ball on me.

There are still the big hits here and there, but they are not nearly as frequent as they were when I played on default All-Pro.

I don't know if it's my playcalling that's causing the CPU to throw all these interceptions. I'm calling a lot of zone, since that's what my secondary's scheme is. I user a DT when playing defense to have as little an influence on pålay outcome as possible. I want the player ratings of my CPU controlled defenders to decide the outcome. Also, I did start with opening day rosters and played through all 4 pre-season games.

Again, I saw a lot of smaller injuries, but the only one carrying over to next week was the huge injury to Giovanni Bernard - the first season ending injury I've seen and I've played through week 14 now.

Again Josh, I REALLY like the CPU play with these sliders - I just wish I hadn't gotten 9 interceptions in the 2 games I played so far with the current set.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Elaborate please. Not that I disagree, but details are required for feedback to be received in this thread. Thanks!
6 to10 injuries per game just seems somewhat high

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Elaborate please. Not that I disagree, but details are required for feedback to be received in this thread. Thanks!
Having 6 to 10 injuries per game just seems to be somewhat high

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #150
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Another game where the CPU could move the ball up and down the field on me - but only to throw interceptions. Dalton decided that he would top Big Ben and throw 5 interceptions including one pick six.

The CPU running game was good. The Bengals lost Gio for the season with a 23 week injury (torn rotator cuff). Mixon came in and did a ok job with 4.2 YPC. So 2 games with the current sliders and for me I don't think the CPU running game is the problem anymore. It's the interceptions that's giving me WAY too big wins eventhough they are moving the ball on me.

There are still the big hits here and there, but they are not nearly as frequent as they were when I played on default All-Pro.

I don't know if it's my playcalling that's causing the CPU to throw all these interceptions. I'm calling a lot of zone, since that's what my secondary's scheme is. I user a DT when playing defense to have as little an influence on pålay outcome as possible. I want the player ratings of my CPU controlled defenders to decide the outcome. Also, I did start with opening day rosters and played through all 4 pre-season games.

Again, I saw a lot of smaller injuries, but the only one carrying over to next week was the huge injury to Giovanni Bernard - the first season ending injury I've seen and I've played through week 14 now.

Again Josh, I REALLY like the CPU play with these sliders - I just wish I hadn't gotten 9 interceptions in the 2 games I played so far with the current set.

Yeah, I like the gameplay too. It's like the lower you go on the injury slider, the more "arcade-like" it gets. I actually ran a game last night with all fatigue and injury sliders (MM/CFM) at 50. It played really well...a bit surprisingly, I only had 2 injuries (minor) in first half...but it got worse in second. But still, with a total of 6-7 injuries (which I agree is extreme), only one lasted more than a game.

I still have yet to see these "8 severe injuries in a game" outcomes....I really want to know what people are doing there (my guess is that they are hit-sticking all the time).
Old 08-16-2018, 12:17 PM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey Josh are you using normal or slow speed? Also are you still using 9 min qts and do you use Accel clock at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 12:19 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also what are your league settings?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »