Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Josh, just a little feedback here too. I’ve been using Matt’s sliders progressively the past few days and counters have been my go to for gaining solid yardage. I also generally have a top C on my drafted team which could help dramatically to hold the line on this play.

I think you’re onto something with the oLine engagements. Check out imac’s roster, think you’ll like the adjustments & my 1st impression is that it helps with some things you mentioned.

Glad to hear you’re pumped up & taking the plunge!! Can’t wait to see what gets dug up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #66
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Here is the other side of that Josh. Higher thresh (I simply tested at default 50 and noticed this) allowed defenders to track down on the backside far too easily while I was being patient with my RB and OL waiting for a crease or cut back lane.

Once I lowered the thresh the offense opened up more. Now I am seeing nice chunk yardage runs by both the human and CPU.

As far as screens and counters. I got my feet under me with the sticks and controlling the momentum and foot planting far better than two dats ago. I am having success with counters and screens when I call them in the right situation against the right defense.

Just some feedback here my man.
Good stuff bro!

The backside pursuit concern makes sense - I totally get what you're saying. However, I'm thinking that a slight increase in thresh could also tone-down defender acceleration AND delay the o-linemen from releasing blocks and running upfield too quickly (which has been leaving the backside open a bit too soon), which will actually open up things a bit more. It's a super delicate balance though....which is why I'll be re-starting with pure default as I go to adjust it.

My workday really needs to end soon so that I can begin diving in......

(As far as counters/screens/draws go....not worried about user execution....but CPU execution of those plays)
Old 08-10-2018, 05:55 PM   #67
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofs
Josh, just a little feedback here too. I’ve been using Matt’s sliders progressively the past few days and counters have been my go to for gaining solid yardage. I also generally have a top C on my drafted team which could help dramatically to hold the line on this play.

I think you’re onto something with the oLine engagements. Check out imac’s roster, think you’ll like the adjustments & my 1st impression is that it helps with some things you mentioned.

Glad to hear you’re pumped up & taking the plunge!! Can’t wait to see what gets dug up.

Yeah, I saw iMac's thread. I totally agree that those player traits are over-done. However, I want to build these sliders around using the default roster....then, any other roster you use to improve things is just gravy.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #68
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

so I posted a thread about this but I will go ahead and ask. But are we looking into editing the player traits again like we did in 18? You know where you turn high motor off for most the players and then put linebackers at conservative etc...?
Old 08-10-2018, 06:05 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
As I stated yesterday, Madden 19 is imbalanced out-of-box. If you want to know the truth, I'm not sure I have played a version of this game THIS imbalanced since the early days of Madden 15.

But, the reason for the imbalance stems from two primary reasons. 1. lineplay is out-of-sync and 2. there is an imbalance in the amount of effort given by offensive players vs defensive players (defensive players are WAY too 'hyped'). These issues have resulted in things like o-linemen shedding their blocks too soon, tackling being overpowered, too many shoulder separation injuries, RB AI being a bit on the dumb side, etc.

As I suspected, the injury and fatigue sliders are the primary culprits. So, this set will feature the following changes from default All Pro:
  • Ballhawk 'off'
  • Injury from 10 MM/40 CFM to 20 MM/20 CFM. This is the 're-balancing' piece right here and it also provides some really good tackle animations.
  • Fatigue from 50 MM/50 CFM to 49 MM/49 CFM. This really tones down the 'jumpy' defense while also helping blockers stick to their blocks a bit more. It also has resulted in more direct running by the RBs and a bit smarter QB play.
The full set-up will be posted below. But I really like what I have been seeing here. The CPU has a ground game, CPU runners are more direct (especially the higher-end RBs), the tackling animations have more variety. Also, I'm seeing pretty solid fatigue rates and the injuries have been OUTSTANDING (reasonable numbers and a good variety of injury types).

The games I played last night with this setup were the first games I played of Madden 19 with a smile on my face. Lots of fun, pretty well balanced, and they provided a great challenge. Ratings REALLY stood out probably moreso than I have ever seen on a Madden game. I'll be diving into my CFM this evening, really looking forward to it!!!
Your patience and testing of these sliders are just on another level Josh.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:06 PM   #70
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
so I posted a thread about this but I will go ahead and ask. But are we looking into editing the player traits again like we did in 18? You know where you turn high motor off for most the players and then put linebackers at conservative etc...?

Other people are looking at those things (iMac is for one, I believe Milticket is too). Personally, I hate dealing with roster editing so I am sticking with no player edits for the time being....I want a setup that can work fine with EA's default rosters.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:29 PM   #71
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acts 4 12
Your patience and testing of these sliders are just on another level Josh.

Thanks, but honestly, it's a pleasure to do so. This game just OOZES potential and even when trying to 'tweak' stuff, it's immensely fun to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
(As far as counters/screens/draws go....not worried about user execution....but CPU execution of those plays)

This is what changes more from team to team and HB to HB. I just played vs Jags and Fournette was a real monster. Also Carlos Hyde gave me a lot of headache while Bell wasn't that good. And I didn't play Elliot yet.

The fact is some HB are designed to run only outside (elusive) or inside (power), but some back are good in both situation and/or have specific skill that make them effective. Because of this I think adjustment on CPU running are almost impossible: whatever you touch you might create unplayable runners...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »