Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 12:19 PM   #169
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the feedback and support. I think we all know that this current set is not going to be the final version that we see.

I've been putting in a few hours of testing each night after work testing out different combos of fatigue and injury sliders. I'm convinced that these 4 settings (counting MM and CFM values) are the key to unlocking the gameplay of this game.

Basically, these two sliders constitute a major portion of the player locomotion and physics engine. If these aren't just right, problems will occur.

Just hang tight and hopefully we can get a positive result in the near future. I want a slider setup that will hold-up and not one that will fall apart in one patch.

When I got something new for all of you to try out, you can bet I will be on here posting them
Josh... In past maddens you used autosubs to manipulate and balance the game... Have you looked into that at all this year??

Sent from my H3123 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-17-2018, 04:02 PM   #170
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
Josh... In past maddens you used autosubs to manipulate and balance the game... Have you looked into that at all this year??

Sent from my H3123 using Operation Sports mobile app

I have briefly. But it honestly just proved to me even moreso that the game was out-of-whack using pure default settings.

The fundamental base needs to be laid-down first, then we can consider tweaking individual elements.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:28 PM   #171
Pro

OVR: 0

@Josh: What's the difference in gameplay between turning 'Ballhawk' on or off? Could you explain?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 06:31 PM   #172
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
@Josh: What's the difference in gameplay between turning 'Ballhawk' on or off? Could you explain?

I see more block shed with it on. I’ve also seen some assessments that suggest it negatively affects user responsiveness.

But in general, I think the gameplay is far more organic with those assists turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-17-2018, 10:44 PM   #173
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey josh I know you haven’t said you would mess with the auto subs but I saw that on Flazko sliders he has auto subs listed, have you tried them to see if they will work? Just trying to get a rotation with my players because it gets annoying seeing my players tired in the game still instead of taking a breather
Old 08-17-2018, 10:51 PM   #174
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I had a productive session last night after my last post and was able to establish my main menu slider approach (those who know me will not be shocked where I wound up). I'm honing-in on the CFM settings and feel comfortable about where I stand right now with injury/fatigue. I'll need to look a bit at threshold for cleanup.

I WILL be checking out the trait-adjusted roster iMac posted; I agree with the fundamental principles (just happy someone on a PS4 did the legwork, lol). However, I'm not going to touch it until we have a base that looks solid with default rosters - global trait edited rosters will still require some franchise "maintenance" and not everyone is interested in doing that (I'm not sure that I am to be honest).
Based on last year, Im guessing MM INJ- 50, FAT- 50? In my experimenting this year it really seems to stimulate some kind of offensive aggressiveness, particularly the running game.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:35 PM   #175
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
Based on last year, Im guessing MM INJ- 50, FAT- 50? In my experimenting this year it really seems to stimulate some kind of offensive aggressiveness, particularly the running game.

Great minds....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 11:41 PM   #176
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK guys, here we go.

Essentially, this game is still balanced best when the main menu fatigue/injury are balanced at the 'old school' default of 50. That discrepancy with 10 injury in the main menu has totally jacked the gameplay. So, this is the key right here....animations and offensive/defensive aggression are not balanced.

However, this is the difference: we CAN modify these values within CFM (thank goodness). Based on my experiences so far plus Armor's, I have established the CFM injury slider at 23. The fatigue is crucial for CPU performance; a value of 49 giving them enough in their stamina bar to make second-effort moves. The final piece was balancing those "non-50" CFM values with threshold (in CFM only) to 52.

Complete set is below and on the OP. Time for some "stress testing"!

Edit: threshold is the primary thing I would be most likely to modify...might go up one tick to 53, but I liked the variety of lineplay at 52 better (though we might sacrifice that for "difficulty" if needed)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08-17-18 sliders.JPG (128.9 KB, 250 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 08-17-18 sliders.pdf (60.1 KB, 253 views)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-18-2018 at 12:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »