Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2018, 06:09 AM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK guys, here we go.

Essentially, this game is still balanced best when the main menu fatigue/injury are balanced at the 'old school' default of 50. That discrepancy with 10 injury in the main menu has totally jacked the gameplay. So, this is the key right here....animations and offensive/defensive aggression are not balanced.

However, this is the difference: we CAN modify these values within CFM (thank goodness). Based on my experiences so far plus Armor's, I have established the CFM injury slider at 23. The fatigue is crucial for CPU performance; a value of 49 giving them enough in their stamina bar to make second-effort moves. The final piece was balancing those "non-50" CFM values with threshold (in CFM only) to 52.

Complete set is below and on the OP. Time for some "stress testing"!

Edit: threshold is the primary thing I would be most likely to modify...might go up one tick to 53, but I liked the variety of lineplay at 52 better (though we might sacrifice that for "difficulty" if needed)

Hi Josh,

happy to read this because I was coming to a similar conclusion (20-49-51). Also because with inj at 45 the crazy INTs reappear and I see CPU QB throwing in double coverage with other open options, mostly in the second half.

BUT now that I read your post I am understanding that stamina is a big thing this year. I want to check more carefully that single rating: differences are very nice to have, but they should have some kind of meaning. Did you try to modify the stamina rating of HB and QBs?

Another question: are all sliders valid also in free training?
Old 08-18-2018, 07:43 AM   #178
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK guys, here we go.

Essentially, this game is still balanced best when the main menu fatigue/injury are balanced at the 'old school' default of 50. That discrepancy with 10 injury in the main menu has totally jacked the gameplay. So, this is the key right here....animations and offensive/defensive aggression are not balanced.

However, this is the difference: we CAN modify these values within CFM (thank goodness). Based on my experiences so far plus Armor's, I have established the CFM injury slider at 23. The fatigue is crucial for CPU performance; a value of 49 giving them enough in their stamina bar to make second-effort moves. The final piece was balancing those "non-50" CFM values with threshold (in CFM only) to 52.

Complete set is below and on the OP. Time for some "stress testing"!

Edit: threshold is the primary thing I would be most likely to modify...might go up one tick to 53, but I liked the variety of lineplay at 52 better (though we might sacrifice that for "difficulty" if needed)
You definitely have uncovered the secret to making this work. MM values at 50/50 default and modifying only INJ,FAT and speed threshold completely changes the way things play out- in a good way. (not to mention it narrows down the focus on what to tinker with ) I personally prefer 53 and not sure why but the running game seems a little more effective than at 52...need to spend more time however playing different opponents and see if that holds true) I would like to add that the one thing I prefer is to play on SLOW and for me it does not seem to have any adverse effects but rather lets the animations play out a more reasonable rate....smooths them out a bit? I don't have your eye for detail on this things but on normal everything seems to play out to quickly leading to some weirdness and unblocked blitzers are on you way too fast (they cover ground way too quickly) Just thought I would throw out a few observations but overall very thankful for your hard work and persistence to modify gameplay without modifying a ton of sliders. Cheers my friend...great job!
Old 08-18-2018, 10:16 AM   #179
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

So 52 threshold helps the animations?

You guys actually getting the computer to run on you at default 50 run block?
Old 08-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #180
Rookie

BVBCowboy's Arena

I was speaking with an EA game designer last week, who worked on many iterations of Madden and he confirmed EVERYTHING Josh states. Leave gameplay, penalty and XP sliders at default on All Pro and focus instead on things like injuries, fatigue and speed threshold to get a “realistic”, balanced, and (dare I say) “organic” gameplay that’s ratings based.
Awesome job yet again Josh!
Old 08-18-2018, 11:12 AM   #181
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin

still early in the process but it seems better in the
at they fight for yards and ball carriers seem to run with momentum- they tend to fall forward when appropriate- most times. That being said there are still plays I don't like where a NT or DT get past the center and he never really even stands up to attempt a block- resulting in 3 yard TFLs. I don't know that sliders of any sort will fix that animation, assume it will have to be done by EA. Then again it could be a matchup thing as I haven't paid that much attention to that as of yet. Give it a shot and see for yourself I guess. Todd Gurley ran very hard in a game I played against him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #182
Rookie

Quote:

Depends on who is running, behind which OL, against which defense... A question like this makes no sense without context. Run cover 2 on every play against the cowboys or the jags and you'll see
Old 08-18-2018, 12:00 PM   #183
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

It's contextual Brandwin. For these settings, 52 is the thresh I settled on (53 can work too but I prefer 52 as the lineplay is a tad looser and more organic).

The key is not threshold, it is the MM injury slider. With it at 10 by default, it throws everything out of whack in CFM as it unbalances the game engine. It's super hard to describe. But in short, virtually all of the things that seem "off" with this game (CPU RB pathfinding, over the top tackles, overractive animations, out-of-sync blocking, etc.) are greatly minimized.
Old 08-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #184
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
Depends on who is running, behind which OL, against which defense... A question like this makes no sense without context. Run cover 2 on every play against the cowboys or the jags and you'll see
I see what you're saying, but CPU is horrible at running the ball this year, so obviously it was a more of a general question.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »