Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #713
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Matt,

Fumbles: From 48/48 to 40/40

• Felt that the game still lacked a bit of random play, in particular to RB fumbles. This should help that just a tad, and also result in more covering up versus constantly juking.

I thought that raising Fumbles over 50 made the runner protect the ball more and the higher you went, the less juking and spinning you saw? Over 50 means fumble less...no? I have it at 55 for a previous set I was using and did see better reads and straight running by backs. Am I wrong here?

C
My approach is they care more about fumbling the ball at a lower value, so they use the two arm cover animation more often, and play a bit more direct. With a higher fumble value, the carrier tends to juke/spin more because technically there's a lesser percentage of them fumbling.

This is how I've approached it in the past, with the exception of the M18 issue that had the CPU RB running in mud.

I still think the directness is solved in the patch update, but also with the user's RBL being at 40.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:07 AM   #714
Rookie

OVR: 0

All pro current set.

Tough, tough game down to missing an iced field goal to get to overtime. Packers D was just teeing off on Trubisky with 9 sacks while I only had 2. Running game was pretty much non existent except for a 32 yd run by Williams.

GB (CPU) v Chi (user)

Rodgers 13/22 188 2 TD 2 int
Trubisky 13/23 156 1 TD

Williams 18 for 74
Howard 15 for 38

Allison 4 for 64
Montgomery 2 for 33 1 TD
Adams 1 for 60 1 TD
Burton 7 for 103
Robinson 3 for 31 1 TD

Cunningham 1 TD via KR
Old 08-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #715
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Slider Update Log

8/21/18: Got to stream quite a bit today, so that was enjoyable. Apologies, no mic, as I've got three boys under the age of 5, who really don't care about my Madden gaming.

With that said, the big patch came out today and it has brought in really good things, with some interesting issues such as the RoboQB. I cannot guarantee the below adjustments are going to accomplish defeating the RoboQB, but it has shown some promise. I will continue to monitor it, and your feedback is definitely invaluable.

So here are the adjustments for Version 11:

Fatigue: From 49 to 50.
• The biggest and one of the most important values to consider for this version. It allows the CPU QB on All-Madden to be humanized just a bit, while also providing good rotation overall. It also has helped the pass coverage for the user and CPU to react much better.

Injuries: From 16 to 13.
• Kudos to Tommy on this one as he suggested using 13 from 16. Tried it out tonight and saw less game ending injuries. More temporary, and good variety of injuries as well.

Pass Blocking: From 48/40 to 48/50.
• With the new update, the CPU QB was releasing the ball fast, and this made some really easy completions. Bumping PBL back to 50 allows them to execute a bit more reading of the coverage and reacting. This bit of time holding onto the ball allows the defense to also get in position. Good QBs will release faster, but if your defense is stout, it can result in some good defensive play from coverage sacks or contribute to lower conversion rates.

Run Blocking: From 40/75 to 40/50
• Feels good to be able to drop the CPU's RBL back to an acceptable level at 50. Seeing great runs from the CPU on both All-Madden and All-Pro. RBL lower for the User is also still working well for both sides. Keep an eye out for the All-Madden CPU defense though against the run as it definitely takes some good running skills and practice with RPM.

Fumbles: From 48/48 to 40/40
• Felt that the game still lacked a bit of random play, in particular to RB fumbles. This should help that just a tad, and also result in more covering up versus constantly juking.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: From 58/59 to 60/60.
• Very slight bump here, but this brings back the deflections and overall "reaction" to what is happening on the field. The update made things a bit looser in coverage and it was important to raise the reaction to compensate.

Tackling: From 32/32 to 50/50.
• The update stated it would have less WWE tackles, so naturally going to raise this value back up. I am still seeing some questionable tackles, but not enough to validate keeping this lower where runners and quarterbacks and break tackles so easily. May compensate the big hits with increasing the Facemask penalty for more wrap ups in next version(s).

Offside: From 60 to 50.
• No need to have this at a higher level anymore since the shedding of blocks is well executed with balance in this most recent update. Same will go for the False Start value as they go hand-in-hand.

False Start: From 55 to 50.
• No need to have this at a higher level anymore since the shedding of blocks is well executed with balance in this most recent update. Same will go for the Offside value as they go hand-in-hand.
Matt,

So these results from AM testing only? Thought AP different animal when it comes to cpu run game?

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown/GRINGOyGUAVA

Madden 19 - Da Bears Franchise - year 1
The Show 18 - The Braves Reborn Franchise - year 1
FIFA or PES 19 - coming soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 10:24 AM   #716
Rookie

ChiefKeef300's Arena

CPU HB hitting the hole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEly5Q12OoQ

Nice pass breakup that leads into a interception
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hquDMPjCYQw

Nice Cpu Run for extra yards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWL6-RiEsxQ

These sliders really are good on All madden... Every yard is earned.

Last edited by ChiefKeef300; 08-22-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:47 AM   #717
Rookie

noahcal11's Arena

Playing on AP, it's definitely too easy for me but the gameplay feels better than before. I haven't had robo QB but it's all pro not all madden. My only issue is that with tackling at 50 I'm seeing a few too many WWE tackles for my taste. Also I've had a lot of dropped INTs but that may just be a fluke. Still though the sliders are great, the gameplay feels really good and it's fun to play. I'm excited (and kinda scared) to try my hand at all madden.

Edit: The last two CPU drives of the game were robo QB to the max and it used that to take the lead. Luckily I was able to lead a game winning drive but it was really frustrating to make it the whole game without robo and to get it on the last two drives.

Last edited by noahcal11; 08-22-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:50 AM   #718
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLightning3
Haven't had any robo QB. I think with y'all changing roughing the passer to 0 you are creating robo qb. I'm on All-Madden. Watch my last game I played, Deshaun Watson actually made bad throws and I got three picks.

My first game was with roughing normal (40), and Alex Smith was 20/20 in the first half. Ended 30/34, only incompletions came from simming.

Mariota was 15/17 against me. Only 2 incompletions we’re drops. Again, others came from simming.

So it’s definitely not tied to roughing. I think it’s tied to coverage, because most of them were short dumpoffs to wide open guys. Smith had 30 completions but under 300 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-22-2018, 10:53 AM   #719
Rookie

Unfortunately, I’m having gameplay a lot different then everyone else. I loved the sliders prior to the patch. However, post patch, roboQB is literally the worst it’s ever been in a Madden for me. Just played against the Chargers in CFM, Keenum went 14-15 for 228 and 3TD’s before halftime. The CPU refused to throw Incompletions and would scramble every time the covereage was good. Oh yeah, he ran for 65 yards on 5 carries.
Any ideas? Did I miss something. Had close, competitive, realistic games prior to patch, and now it’s unplayable.
Help.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:03 AM   #720
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Nice to see you giving Tommy props on the injury setting. I like your explanations of something's. Told Tom he should get the family involved with Madden. Under 5 is a great age to initiate them. Boom ! Also it helps to think about WWE and their terrible booking as it overshadows Madden issues !

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »