Home

iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders

This is a discussion on iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2018, 02:42 PM   #369
Rookie

Analyzer52's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders

Preparing to do transaction updates tonight. I'm at work now not in front of the game but have some questions that I can't remember seeing off the top of my head.

How do you put a guy on injury reserve? Can you edit and do this?

What do you normally do about contract? Do you try to match them up to real life or just get the person signed to the right team?

Anything to be concerned with making CAPS beyond trying to get the equipment and ratings right?

Lastly what are you using to keep up with the updates and transactions in EA's rosters. I feel like there use to be a list that came out every time they released an update but I can't seem to find that anywhere now. I just looked through the Madden 19 Roster thread to get most of the updates but where is the official one from EA these days?

Have any player rates been changed yet by EA?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Analyzer52; 08-24-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:30 PM   #370
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do u change the players ratings or just the traits I’m jwing
Old 08-24-2018, 05:13 PM   #371
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer52
Preparing to do transaction updates tonight. I'm at work now not in front of the game but have some questions that I can't remember seeing off the top of my head.

How do you put a guy on injury reserve? Can you edit and do this?

What do you normally do about contract? Do you try to match them up to real life or just get the person signed to the right team?

Anything to be concerned with making CAPS beyond trying to get the equipment and ratings right?

Lastly what are you using to keep up with the updates and transactions in EA's rosters. I feel like there use to be a list that came out every time they released an update but I can't seem to find that anywhere now. I just looked through the Madden 19 Roster thread to get most of the updates but where is the official one from EA these days?

Have any player rates been changed yet by EA?

Thanks for any help.
Sadly, there is no way to put someone on IR outside of CFM.

Nope, you can't do anything about their contract outside of CFM either.

Nothing to be concerned about. I haven't been using CAP. I've been finding retired players and editing them in to players who aren't in the game, but are in the league. For example, Cam Chancellor is now Adrian Peterson. If you edit their appearance, it removes their face and uses which ever one you've allocated them. It takes some time, but I tried to match up the retired player with a player in the league in terms of similar age. It means I'm getting retired players out the game, and getting the right ones in. Up to you if you want to do the same.

I use ESPN's transactions log. Seems the most up to date.

As far as I'm aware, no rosters have been released from EA with rating changes. I did edit some players to better reflect depth chart position. This included:

Lamar Jackson so he'd be #2 QB
Josh McCown so he'd be #3 QB
Baker Mayfield so he's be #2 QB
Joe Mixon & Gio Bernard to reflect #1 & #2 RB
Saquon Barkley so he'd be #1 back

These are the ones off the top of my head, but I think there were a few more. I can check in more detail later if it's useful, but you get the idea.

Hope that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #372
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac2307
Sadly, there is no way to put someone on IR outside of CFM.

Nope, you can't do anything about their contract outside of CFM either.

Nothing to be concerned about. I haven't been using CAP. I've been finding retired players and editing them in to players who aren't in the game, but are in the league. For example, Cam Chancellor is now Adrian Peterson. If you edit their appearance, it removes their face and uses which ever one you've allocated them. It takes some time, but I tried to match up the retired player with a player in the league in terms of similar age. It means I'm getting retired players out the game, and getting the right ones in. Up to you if you want to do the same.

I use ESPN's transactions log. Seems the most up to date.

As far as I'm aware, no rosters have been released from EA with rating changes. I did edit some players to better reflect depth chart position. This included:

Lamar Jackson so he'd be #2 QB
Josh McCown so he'd be #3 QB
Baker Mayfield so he's be #2 QB
Joe Mixon & Gio Bernard to reflect #1 & #2 RB
Saquon Barkley so he'd be #1 back

These are the ones off the top of my head, but I think there were a few more. I can check in more detail later if it's useful, but you get the idea.

Hope that helps.
Hey, I am on PC and was looking to add Peterson to the game. Care to share what ya did for the change, as in the numbers and such.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #373
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

These rosters work great with charters sliders as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #374
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

I have just done a bit of a ratings overhaul in some areas.

I firstly delved in to the depths of Free Agency and made a lot of transactions that were missed out of the box in EA's original roster.

Amidst doing that, I got really ticked off seeing so many FA's rated in Mid-Low 80's. In my opinion, if they're a FA, and still are at this stage, there is a reason for it. So I pulled a lot of the top FA's ratings down a few touches. There is nothing more irritating seeing the CPU sign a FA and they become instant starter because they're better than half the players already on the squad.

I also made a few QB ratings changes. A big one being Marcus Mariota. He is ranked on PFF as the 14th best QB going in to 2018, yet his ratings are pretty much on par with Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco and Eli Manning in Madden 19, which I just find INSANE that EA rate him there. According to PFF, he's in the same group as the likes of Derek Carr, Jared Goff, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins, which I feel is completely fair, meaning he sits in the same bracket ratings wise with my roster.

Likewise, Josh Rosen has been pulled down a bit. How EA figure to rate an unproven QB coming out of college the same as 10 year vets in the NFL, some of which have 2 Superbowl wins is a little off for me. Him and Lamar Jackson were rated above Darnold and just below Mayfield, which also didn't make sense to me.

So overall, a few tweaks, but just a better looking roster overall which, I feel, provide a better CFM experience from a CPU roster management and progressive standpoint.

PSN: iMac2307
File: IMAC2307TRAITS
Old 08-24-2018, 09:47 PM   #375
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

I firstly delved in to the depths of Free Agency and made a lot of transactions that were missed out of the box in EA's original roster.

Amidst doing that, I got really ticked off seeing so many FA's rated in Mid-Low 80's. In my opinion, if they're a FA, and still are at this stage, there is a reason for it. So I pulled a lot of the top FA's ratings down a few touches. There is nothing more irritating seeing the CPU sign a FA and they become instant starter because they're better than half the players already on the squad.

I also made a few QB ratings changes. A big one being Marcus Mariota. He is ranked on PFF as the 14th best QB going in to 2018, yet his ratings are pretty much on par with Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco and Eli Manning in Madden 19, which I just find INSANE that EA rate him there. According to PFF, he's in the same group as the likes of Derek Carr, Jared Goff, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins, which I feel is completely fair, meaning he sits in the same bracket ratings wise with my roster.

Likewise, Josh Rosen has been pulled down a bit. How EA figure to rate an unproven QB coming out of college the same as 10 year vets in the NFL, some of which have 2 Superbowl wins is a little off for me. Him and Lamar Jackson were rated above Darnold and just below Mayfield, which also didn't make sense to me.

So overall, a few tweaks, but just a better looking roster overall which, I feel, provide a better CFM experience from a CPU roster management and progressive standpoint.

Awesome work man, thanks for all the hard work you do with these rosters. It makes such a difference to game play.

Thank Mate, can’t wait to check these out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 10:22 PM   #376
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

One of the problems with making the ratings of 1st round CPU QBs too low is that the CPU GM/coaches will not be able to recognize those players as Franchise QBs of the future. So if one isn't doing 32 team control, then there is a strong likelihood that the CPU will draft or sign a FA over those QBs in the next year or two without them ever having played a game, and then they become a journeyman 3rd stringer for their entire career.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »