Home

iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders

This is a discussion on iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2018, 09:04 AM   #385
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer52
What are you doing about cap issues and full rosters? Like trying to sign George Iloka to the Vikings just won't work because of CAP room.

Also the must have a fullback rule messes up stuff
A trick you can try is to sign them to a team who can afford them.

Then make a mental note of their awareness rating, reduce it to 0, then release them. The money they are then asking for will significantly reduce. After that, see if you can sign them to the team.

If at this stage they STILL can't afford them, see if there are any players who have been released by the team. If not, I just cut the most irrelevant player on the squad.

When they can finally afford the player you're trying to sign, put their awareness rating back to what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_HATE_THAT_DUDE
I noticed that you didn't mention PENALTY with the other traits? I started thinking that maybe having that on for the more aggressive players known for just that could make a world of difference with how penalties are called... your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Operation Sports mobile app
Did some testing with the penalty trait, and it did nothing to the amount of penalties called, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadler
I noticed Adrian Peterson has High Motor and Big Hitting ON, don't know if you noticed...
Ah, thanks for letting me know. That would be from when I retired Cam Chancellor and forgot to change his traits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 10:09 AM   #386
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer52
Kam Chancellor was turned into Adrian Peterson, see above.
Okay. Thanks for the response. So this means I cannot turn him back and have his scan and pic, right?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2018, 10:12 AM   #387
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillberg435
Okay. Thanks for the response. So this means I cannot turn him back and have his scan and pic, right?
Correct. No way to get him back unless you use EA's roster.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #388
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac2307
Correct. No way to get him back unless you use EA's roster.
Okay. Thanks a lot. I appreciate the reply.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2018, 11:29 AM   #389
Rookie

Please let me know when you finish and post the roster. I started to make one for Xbox but if ur doing it or need help let me know. Thanks
Old 08-25-2018, 12:38 PM   #390
Rookie

Analyzer52's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLA19
Please let me know when you finish and post the roster. I started to make one for Xbox but if ur doing it or need help let me know. Thanks
There is already one posted under my gamertag. Working on major transactions hope to be finished today or tomorrow depending on free time. Will update again after week one is released and the cut down happens.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #391
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Update:

So, I've now played 16 CFM games. I played 8 on All-Pro, 8 on All-Madden. One thing I noticed, and I also noticed this watching Armor's streams, is how OP the punt game is.

Doing a bit of research, I found that the average punt length was 42-49 yds (that includes the return) and the average starting field position was anywhere from the 25-35 yard line. Apparently, anything behind the 25 yard line is deemed a bad starting field position in the NFL.

When I then reflect upon the 16 games I've played, I would say that myself and the CPU would more often than not, pin one another in their own 20, and it was pretty easy to get the ball within the 10 yard line. Playing indoor games made this even easier.

I decided to look in to punter ratings, and almost all of their kick power ratings were in the 90's, which explains why every punt can go so far. I decided to test reducing every punters Kick Accuracy & Kick Power by 10. After jumping in to a few games, the kicking games seems much more balanced now. I've found it much more challenging to pin the CPU inside their own 10, and I'm seeing drives start in much more realistic positions for both User and CPU.

One thing I really appreciated was playing with a good punter vs. a bad one. I for once felt like I would actually consider getting a better punter in to help with field position, as the less accurate punters do shank it more, and the difference in power can really be felt now.

I know it seems a really minor thing to pick up on, but so many games are won and lost based on what happens on Special Teams, and up until this point, I've just felt like it was a part of the game that was too straightforward for the CPU and User.

The changes can be downloaded from Madden share. If it turns out people find issues with the changes, I have another file ready to upload with normal punter ratings to revert back to.

I am going to keep fiddling with minor aspects of the game / rosters like this up until Week 1. After that, there's no turning back, the final edits will be locked in and I will be rolling with my CFM.

Let me know how the kicking game feels if you get a chance to test with the latest update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #392
Rookie

Right, so reading this thread has convinced me to give Madden another shot after skipping last year.

I’m excited to get started, thanks also to Analyzer52 for doing the xBox version of these traits.

Hoping it plays as good as the couple of videos I’ve seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »