Home

Madden 20 All-pro Franchise sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 20 All-pro Franchise sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2019, 11:12 PM   #1
Rookie

Shards's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 20 All-pro Franchise sliders

Please feel free to post any opinions and results that you have gotten from these sliders. Everyone plays different so it is hard to make a slider set that works for everyone. I am trying to make the game balanced for myself so I will probably ignore you if you post anything along the lines of "Git Gud Bro".

I have been playing franchise games in the trial and my opinion on what needs to change is below. I tried some default All-pro and some All-Madden. All-pro felt like a better starting point.

The CPU run game is lacking so that is the first thing I wanted to try to get up to par. This seems like the most obvious thing that needs to be changed so I'm going to start with that part of the game. I don't want to change too many things at once since sliders can have crazy effects.

Changes that I would like to make. Currently working making coverage better for both teams.

1 - Make the CPU run game viable and get less human TFL.
2 - Tone down human running
3 - Lower QB accuracy for both sides while not having too many ints (I'm leaving CPU QB accuracy alone and making human passing more difficult)
4 - Make coverage decent for both sides.

8/1/19
Current Settings
Version 4
All-pro
Simulation style
Anything not listed is default
10 min quarters

Injury 50
Penalties 51 or On

Human
Pass Accuracy 20 (-25)
WR Catch 45
Run Block 30
Tackle 40

CPU
Run Block 90
Reaction 60
Interceptions 45 (-5)
Pass Coverage 60

Last edited by Shards; 08-01-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 11:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Re: Madden 20 All-pro Franchise sliders

I started with the following and still didn't see a CPU run game.

Human Tackle -5
CPU Run Block +20

I'm going to try doubling those numbers because I was still getting too many tackles for a loss, wasn't afraid of the CPU run game, and wasn't seeing many broken tackles from the CPU.

Human Tackle -10
CPU Run Block +40
Old 07-27-2019, 08:16 AM   #3
Rookie

[quote=Shards;2049847582]Please feel free to post any opinions and results that you have gotten from these sliders. Everyone plays different so it is hard to make a slider set that works for everyone. I am trying to make the game balanced for myself so I will probably ignore you if you post anything along the lines of "Git Gud Bro".

I have been playing franchise games in the trial and my opinion on what needs to change is below. I tried some default All-pro and some All-Madden. All-pro felt like a better starting point.

The CPU run game is lacking so that is the first thing I wanted to try to get up to par. This seems like the most obvious thing that needs to be changed so I'm going to start with that part of the game. I don't want to change too many things at once since sliders can have crazy effects.

Changes that I would like to make. Currently working on CPU run game.

1 - Make the CPU run game viable and get less human TFL.
2 - Tone down human running
3 - Lower QB accuracy for both sides while not having too many ints

Current Settings
All-pro
Simulation style
Anything not listed is default
10 min quarters

Human Tackle -10
CPU Run Block +40[/QUOTE

What are you going with for QB accuracy? I had to go all the way down to 6 for User in practice before i seen any random poor throws.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern2323
What are you going with for QB accuracy? I had to go all the way down to 6 for User in practice before i seen any random poor throws.
I'm not sure. I'm focusing on the CPU Run game first. Sliders can have adverse affects so I don't want to change too many sliders at once.

Also, gameplay/sliders have been different in each game mode in the past. This might not being the case anymore but I'm going to do all my testing in franchise games. I'm not sure if practice inside of franchise mode follows the same gameplay or not.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:17 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shards
I'm not sure. I'm focusing on the CPU Run game first. Sliders can have adverse affects so I don't want to change too many sliders at once.

Also, gameplay/sliders have been different in each game mode in the past. This might not being the case anymore but I'm going to do all my testing in franchise games. I'm not sure if practice inside of franchise mode follows the same gameplay or not.
Yes this is true I would hate to go that low but I will if it is the only way to see bad passes. I think with the qb accuracy anywhere else the only time you will see a bad throw is if there is pressure and the throw is hurried. How is the cpu run block at 90 going for ya?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 11:39 AM   #6
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Quote:
Yes this is true I would hate to go that low but I will if it is the only way to see bad passes. I think with the qb accuracy anywhere else the only time you will see a bad throw is if there is pressure and the throw is hurried. How is the cpu run block at 90 going for ya?
It's nice that the pressure actually makes throws less accurate. The on screen display will even show what caused the pass to be off which is great for the sake of slider testing. It doesn't seem like the human pass rush is bad but I have had at least one int in every game with default sliders so INT and/or the coverage settings will probably need to go down or defence will be too easy.

I haven't had a chance to play any games with the new changes yet. I might get to do a game or two tonight.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:26 PM   #7
Rookie

dweeks82's Arena

Quote:
Before you drop accuracy too much to get bad passes, you need to test with backups as well. Not just the starters. I can tell you now, on base accuracy sliders, guys like Will Grier are downright awful and will consistently miss passes even with clean pockets. You need to take these guys into account or your sliders will kill your gameplay simply for the sake of making the top tier guys play worse.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeks82
Before you drop accuracy too much to get bad passes, you need to test with backups as well. Not just the starters. I can tell you now, on base accuracy sliders, guys like Will Grier are downright awful and will consistently miss passes even with clean pockets. You need to take these guys into account or your sliders will kill your gameplay simply for the sake of making the top tier guys play worse.
This is a good point. I haven't played many bad QBs. Rodgers was very effective against me throwing for over 300 yards 3TDs 1INT which isn't unrealistic. I'm not sure what would need to get changed to make it better which is why i am working on the run games first. An effective pass rush can cause a lot of bad passes which is a great addition. Most good QBs will throw very accurately with no pressure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »