Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2019, 04:46 PM   #217
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Unfortunately I have always had to play with house rules to make the playing field balanced vs the CPU. Quite simply.....the CPU AI is not great on Madden nor has it ever been. Now I do think we have seen some meaningful improvement the last couple of games (19 and 20) and on 16 it was also solid. 17 and 18 were highly forgettable games for me.

So it really comes down to self control. Do not abuse certain plays, using your entire playbook, limiting your blitz packages unless you are dictated by the CPU's success to start bringing more pressure etc.
I genuinely believe that this is what leads to people finding enjoyable gameplay with Madden. It is not a case of just plugging in someone else's sliders, and boom, the game suddenly works better. Granted, the work people do over OS can significantly improve the way the game plays, but unless you're willing to take on board key feedback as to how to play the game as sensibly as possible, then you will never achieve an authentic experience, regardless of what difficulty or what sliders you use.

M20 certainly has flaws that need slider help, but before you dive in to changing sliders or implementing others, ask yourself if there is a way you can change your own play style to give the CPU room to play before doing so.

As an example, I was repeatedly seeing QB's gash me for high %. Instead of jacking the sliders to help, I simply moved from controlling the LB to controlling the DL. Turns out, I just wasn't that great at controlling the LB because the CPU completion percentage now consistently lands between 60% to 75%, which I am perfectly fine with.

Adjust your game before you adjust your sliders.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:56 PM   #218
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac2307
I genuinely believe that this is what leads to people finding enjoyable gameplay with Madden. It is not a case of just plugging in someone else's sliders, and boom, the game suddenly works better. Granted, the work people do over OS can significantly improve the way the game plays, but unless you're willing to take on board key feedback as to how to play the game as sensibly as possible, then you will never achieve an authentic experience, regardless of what difficulty or what sliders you use.

M20 certainly has flaws that need slider help, but before you dive in to changing sliders or implementing others, ask yourself if there is a way you can change your own play style to give the CPU room to play before doing so.

As an example, I was repeatedly seeing QB's gash me for high %. Instead of jacking the sliders to help, I simply moved from controlling the LB to controlling the DL. Turns out, I just wasn't that great at controlling the LB because the CPU completion percentage now consistently lands between 60% to 75%, which I am perfectly fine with.

Adjust your game before you adjust your sliders.
I think you make very good points iMac. I did want to add and I know I'm at fault here sometimes as well, I forget to use the tools EA gives us. So to often, I see streams of players making no offensive or defensive adjustments in game (pinching the line, max protect, shading, spotlighting etc). We all know football is all about adjustments and making the right or better ones. Ppl want simulation, but then don't use the tools that actually make the game feel like the NFL. Nothing wrong with that but makes sense why some get shredded.

Gone are the days of just hitting a button & the CPU just does everything and is in the right spot all the time for us. So before I make any adjustments to sliders or raise the alarm that something is broke, I try & determine if I'm actually making adjustments that the devs have given. Obviously this isn't the answer for everything, but I think it's a good place to start.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 08-07-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:58 PM   #219
Rookie

Tried other sliders & this set, this set is amazing, game plays really well. I did come here to mention that Landon Collins hit me 4 times & cause 4 fumbles lol, this was prior to me seeing your tackle slider updates though.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:03 PM   #220
Rookie

He just hit for a 5th time & now another fumble lol. (All prior to the slider update, just finishing the game).
Old 08-07-2019, 08:25 PM   #221
Rookie

Can someone please give me an honest opinion...read mainly negative reviews on M20 but feel like people are expecting a video game to be PERFECT which is really impossible...

It seems like all user reviews on OS forums and Google reviews have been trashing the game...but the reviews on websites written by people who are paid have been much more positive (as you would expect) so I am not sure who to believe..

Should I buy M20 and use these sliders (i do enjoy having updated rosters, uniforms, schedules, etc) OR just stick with M19 and the final version of Josh's sliders from that game?

Been playing strictly MLB the show for the past year or so honestly....but getting that football ITCH with the season approaching and want to enjoy a football sim...

Will there really be that much of a difference? Should I save my $60 or not? Seems like some positive but mostly negative. I dont know what to do or who to believe.

Thanks!

Last edited by bostonboy_003; 08-07-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2019, 08:52 PM   #222
Rookie

I was on the fence too & decided screw it. I’d say it’s worth it, gameplay feels a lot different, I’d say more natural.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:56 PM   #223
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Ppl want simulation, but then don't use the tools that actually make the game feel like the NFL.

That part!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-07-2019, 09:47 PM   #224
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonboy_003
Can someone please give me an honest opinion...read mainly negative reviews on M20 but feel like people are expecting a video game to be PERFECT which is really impossible...

It seems like all user reviews on OS forums and Google reviews have been trashing the game...but the reviews on websites written by people who are paid have been much more positive (as you would expect) so I am not sure who to believe..

Should I buy M20 and use these sliders (i do enjoy having updated rosters, uniforms, schedules, etc) OR just stick with M19 and the final version of Josh's sliders from that game?

Been playing strictly MLB the show for the past year or so honestly....but getting that football ITCH with the season approaching and want to enjoy a football sim...

Will there really be that much of a difference? Should I save my $60 or not? Seems like some positive but mostly negative. I dont know what to do or who to believe.

Thanks!

Buy it. The gameplay is way better and the xfactors make a huge difference. I bought M19 and never went through one season. IMO that game was trash. Get M20, find a slider set that works well for your play style and go HAM!! You won’t regret it 🤘

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »