Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2019, 05:35 PM   #609
Rookie

KidsAreAsleep's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I've now spent a good 7 or 8 hours (total) the last two nights testing out this newest patch (not playing....just testing....and testing...and testing...).

I'm just not a fan of this patch. The defensive reactions are out-of-sync (too quick) and the tackle dynamics are laughably bad (the gameplay changes introduced in the patch were just not balanced well into the overall game flow). Basically, the game just has this very disjointed feel...making you go "something is off" the whole time you play. It's like watching a movie when the audio and video is just slightly de-synced...you "get" what's going on, but the whole time, that mis-match between the voices and actors' lips moving drives you crazy. I will say this....the better the players, the worse it looks (because the reaction times are relative to player ratings).

With another patch coming up soon ("mid-Sep" according to the schedule EA posted), I'm not going to go crazy with fixes only to have to go through the same process all over again. Clint has already made comments that they're working on hit stick animation fixes - which I am hoping will address my issues with the tackle dynamics. I'm hoping they can also address some of the animation de-syncs as well (such as defenders no where near the pass trajectory jumping to swat the ball).

I'm trying to find a "band aid" fix that will clean-up some of this stuff in the meantime (hopefully I can get us something over the weekend). I already have a few more ideas to try out this evening.

Hmm... Well that’s disappointing. I actually just let my PS4 update it.

Based on your description, would just a small change to threshold/speed parity help? I’m sure it would never be that simple, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfb...B8QRdC0QWSRTIg

Twitch Channel:https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming
Old 09-05-2019, 06:17 PM   #610
Rookie

Quote:
I've now spent a good 7 or 8 hours (total) the last two nights testing out this newest patch (not playing....just testing....and testing...and testing...).

I'm just not a fan of this patch. The defensive reactions are out-of-sync (too quick) and the tackle dynamics are laughably bad (the gameplay changes introduced in the patch were just not balanced well into the overall game flow). Basically, the game just has this very disjointed feel...making you go "something is off" the whole time you play. It's like watching a movie when the audio and video is just slightly de-synced...you "get" what's going on, but the whole time, that mis-match between the voices and actors' lips moving drives you crazy. I will say this....the better the players, the worse it looks (because the reaction times are relative to player ratings).

With another patch coming up soon ("mid-Sep" according to the schedule EA posted), I'm not going to go crazy with fixes only to have to go through the same process all over again. Clint has already made comments that they're working on hit stick animation fixes - which I am hoping will address my issues with the tackle dynamics. I'm hoping they can also address some of the animation de-syncs as well (such as defenders no where near the pass trajectory jumping to swat the ball).

I'm trying to find a "band aid" fix that will clean-up some of this stuff in the meantime (hopefully I can get us something over the weekend). I already have a few more ideas to try out this evening.

hmm, my team is pretty good in ratings in my franchise, that’s probably why i’ve noticed way more issues than my brother who’s team isn’t nearly as good as mine in his franchise.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:43 PM   #611
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidsAreAsleep
Hmm... Well that’s disappointing. I actually just let my PS4 update it.

Based on your description, would just a small change to threshold/speed parity help? I’m sure it would never be that simple, but who knows.

Lowering thresh can help a little (higher thresh is abysmal), but it begins throwing off a lot more stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #612
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

Quote:

I'm not sure if this is going to help you all.. But it definitely just helped me. ..... I completely deleted my madden profile and the entire Madden 20 game. Shut down the PS4 then reinstalled Madden. After the game was installed, I noticed that it automatically began installing the latest patch (1.12). The key here is only the latest patch - 1.12!

This triggered something for me because I routinely install computer software at work. For specific software, instead of installing update, after update, after update on top of each other, it is best practice for me to completely uninstall the software. Then reinstall it along with the latest update (in this case with Madden, the latest patch). After lots of testing, the software ran much better.

For my PS4, this all took 20 plus minutes, but it was worth it! The game is playing to much better. I just finished two franchise games and both were tightly contested. Reactions to the ball seemed realistic. Fumbles were respectable in numbers (1 in each game total). I didn't play against any defensive Enforcers though! There were 2 total INT's which were very realistic (no super burst by the defender to intercept the ball). Tackling looked phenomenal; especially gang tackles!

On top of that, I played with Josh's old sliders (pre-1.12 patch). I felt these sliders were playing great for me, so I kept them.
In the franchise I'm playing with all penalties and sliders at default except for: CPU tackling (51), Player Threshold (52), DPI penalty (51), Injury (50).
Old 09-05-2019, 07:04 PM   #613
Rookie

KidsAreAsleep's Arena

Quote:
Lowering thresh can help a little (higher thresh is abysmal), but it begins throwing off a lot more stuff.

I figured you had already looked at that, and I figured that would be the case. It was just my first thought based on how you were describing things.

I look forward to any bandaid you might find.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:06 PM   #614
Rookie

KidsAreAsleep's Arena

Quote:

Yikes! You are right. I played one half of football and something is definitely off with this new patch. I agree, it just feels de-synced. I just saw too many weird animation “hiccups.” In some cases, it was like a player would disappear and then re-appear on the field. Almost like an animation was supposed to happen but didn’t. I definitely noticed this more on passing plays and tackles.

I hope you can find that bandaid. At this point, it is almost unplayable to me. Good luck!

I don’t have a lot of extra time, but let me know if I can help in any way.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:34 PM   #615
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Josh, help!!! This game is terrible. Playing the Bears as the Packers my line has given up 5 sacks and it’s only halfway through the 3rd quarter. My line is porous often virtually standing still as defenders speed around them or bull rush right through them. Maybe turn X factors off? My run game is non-existent. Run blocking is bad. On defense, Mitch Tribusky looks terrible. Dinking and dunking down the field not throwing deep at all. His accuracy is terrible. Tackling looks wonky and I’ve seen some weird animations. Any suggestions on how to get my game to play realistically? Any way to get Aaron Rodgers to play like I’m used to him playing? His ratings in this game are way to low.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 11:15 PM   #616
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Josh, help!!! This game is terrible. Playing the Bears as the Packers my line has given up 5 sacks and it’s only halfway through the 3rd quarter. My line is porous often virtually standing still as defenders speed around them or bull rush right through them. Maybe turn X factors off? My run game is non-existent. Run blocking is bad. On defense, Mitch Tribusky looks terrible. Dinking and dunking down the field not throwing deep at all. His accuracy is terrible. Tackling looks wonky and I’ve seen some weird animations. Any suggestions on how to get my game to play realistically? Any way to get Aaron Rodgers to play like I’m used to him playing? His ratings in this game are way to low.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Matt10 sliders are the best and most realistic than josh default settings..just give matt10 sliders a go..and yu good..trust me..the best sliders out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »