Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #625
Pro

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Streaming exact OP (default all pro)

Can’t wait to try it out!

https://youtu.be/9dgTUxWwJ00

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I did not reinstall FYI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #626
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

On this console gen that has been my biggest conspiracy theory and complaint: no matter what sliders you use in CFM, your CFM file will eventually go wonky. A slider set may play great for a season and then--without a patch dropping--all of a sudden I'm winning every game 42-3.

I'm sure restarting CFMs will probably do some people some good but man is it frustrating. As a user, I want to be able to commit with confidence to a CFM for 3+ years. I've already restarted my Jets CFM once and don't really feel like doing so again.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #627
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
On this console gen that has been my biggest conspiracy theory and complaint: no matter what sliders you use in CFM, your CFM file will eventually go wonky. A slider set may play great for a season and then--without a patch dropping--all of a sudden I'm winning every game 42-3.

I'm sure restarting CFMs will probably do some people some good but man is it frustrating. As a user, I want to be able to commit with confidence to a CFM for 3+ years. I've already restarted my Jets CFM once and don't really feel like doing so again.

I ran with my year 2 franchise last night with the default setup and it ran beautifully.

I restarted once due to that patch adding oline superstar factors....not doing it again.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #628
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Felt it played well, wasn’t a close game on the scoreboard, but nothing felt cheap.

Also I always like to give any slider changes a few games to settle in before I judge.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:39 PM   #629
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Back to business.....
The thought of re-installing the game had occurred to me. But knowing that it can be problematic for many to re-download a fairly large game, I try avoid making suggestions like this until many other options have been exhausted.

Now, I have a really good internet connection, so I decided to play the role of guinea pig. I will say this....it definitely helped to clean-up a lot of the wonky warping and glitchy animations. It doesn't "change" the gameplay but it does clean-up those artifacts. If anyone is still having issues with glitchy play and/or warping, uninstalling and then re-downloading the game may be of benefit (it is not a requirement).

I'm adding this to the OP....but wait, there's more....

After I reinstalled the game, I plugged these in as well. Ya know....this wasn't bad either. Totally different 'feel' but one that I think a lot of people will like. The reason I shied away from these is because I never quite 'feared' the CPU offense because coverage was so tight (but rather it came down to if I beat myself)....but I will need to try these out a bit more on this patch to see how it goes (personally, I have a hunch I will stick with default, but I have no qualms posting these on the OP as well - but I am going to test it out a bit more this weekend).
I'm glad my suggestion helped someone. I thought it may have been a placebo effect first, but I routinely compare DB and WR matchups to see if there is a difference in types of pass coverage. In comparing my pre-install verse post-install results, there was a huge difference with the same players while doing the same pass play. In pre-install, the DB consistently let the ball fly directly over his head without trying to swat or intercept the pass. In post-install, they now put their hands up.

Now I'm seeing more pass deflections/ INT's which lowers the QB completion percentage. I think this was the main issue that made passing too easy for both CPU and Human in my franchise. None of these deflections/INT's looked like a super "burst of speed" either! It looked natural!

By the way, I have the disk for Madden 20. So reinstalling wasn't a big deal for me. I can see it being more cumbersome for those that have to re-download. However, I strongly recommend the uninstall/reinstall for those of you that feel the game is so "unplayable" or "terrible". The more I think about it, the more it makes sense from a technical perspective.

Thousands of files are being overwritten on these patches. If you work with computers long enough, you know for a fact that error messages are bound to occur. Yet with Madden, we never visually see an error message. Madden must have it pre-coded to overwrite AND/OR ignore any error messages. Therefore, on one video game system it overwrites a file. While on another it ignores a file. With uninstall/reinstall, you don't have to worry about any files being "overwritten/skipped". ... Also, I know I've fixed several apps on my phone/tablet by uninstalling/reinstalling. So why not the same concept for Madden?
... Just some food for thought!
Old 09-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #630
Pro

Woad23's Arena

I’ll do a full reinstall tonight while I sleep, thanks for your tech thoughts!

Old 09-06-2019, 06:09 PM   #631
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Back to business.....

The thought of re-installing the game had occurred to me. But knowing that it can be problematic for many to re-download a fairly large game, I try avoid making suggestions like this until many other options have been exhausted.

Now, I have a really good internet connection, so I decided to play the role of guinea pig. I will say this....it definitely helped to clean-up a lot of the wonky warping and glitchy animations. It doesn't "change" the gameplay but it does clean-up those artifacts. If anyone is still having issues with glitchy play and/or warping, uninstalling and then re-downloading the game may be of benefit (it is not a requirement).

==================================================

Now, sliders....

Before I did the uninstall, I took the OP and changed the CFM injury slider to 40 (which is the default) . So yes, that means running a 100% fully default setup. Can I just say...wow. It played really, really well. It animated well, the CPU moved the ball well, my crummy Dolphins struggled (more than I have ever struggled to move the ball on M20 - but it wasn't unreasonable given the ratings). We had multiple injuries, 10 total penalties (with a variety)...it was really solid. Watch the Dolphins game from my last Twitch stream and you'll see what I mean (it is archived). I played a different matchup off-stream and it was the same quality of gameplay, but the dynamics played-out differently (due to the different matchups/ratings).

For the first time ever....I'm fully endorsing a 100% default (with the obvious exception of quarter length) setup. Don't poo-poo it....give it a shot....most people say they "play on default" and then when you dig further, they say "yes, 100% default, except I just changed _____, ______, and ______"). Seriously....give this a shot for a couple of games (I think many of you will thank me - and others will just say to plug-in Matt's sliders ).

I basically went from hating this patch to loving it.....it plays such a nicely balanced game....and no reinstall is needed!

I'm adding this to the OP....but wait, there's more....

After I reinstalled the game, I plugged these in as well. Ya know....this wasn't bad either. Totally different 'feel' but one that I think a lot of people will like. The reason I shied away from these is because I never quite 'feared' the CPU offense because coverage was so tight (but rather it came down to if I beat myself)....but I will need to try these out a bit more on this patch to see how it goes (personally, I have a hunch I will stick with default, but I have no qualms posting these on the OP as well - but I am going to test it out a bit more this weekend).

will i lose my cfm if i reinstall? just curious haha i’ve never done this before

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 06:29 PM   #632
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterArtz
will i lose my cfm if i reinstall? just curious haha i’ve never done this before

Another question , what if I forgot to delete my profile before uninstalling the game? (xbox one)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »