Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2019, 12:24 AM   #641
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Just encountered something new. Kick meter completely disappeared in my OT game after my kicker got frozen.

K is pretty bad so I figured maybe he was extra frozen, but then later in OT I tried to punt and no kick meter there either.

Never seen that before. Anyone else encountered this bug?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

used to happen to me when i first got madden 20, haven’t seen the bug in a while. the fix is to just sim the play

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2019, 02:26 AM   #642
Last Pick At Recess

Hiero's Arena

Josh, noticed you now have two sets on OP. Out of curiosity, which are you running with?
Colorado Avalanche

“Listen lady, you don’t score, until you score.” - Steve Stifler.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:55 AM   #643
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiero
Josh, noticed you now have two sets on OP. Out of curiosity, which are you running with?

Pretty certain he said previously that he is using straight default, but left the other one up because it played well and some folks liked it.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:07 AM   #644
Rookie

Noticed your old default in CFM injuries is on 40. When I reset my CFM sliders it puts injuries at 50. Should they be at 40 or 50
Old 09-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #645
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmarcoux
Noticed your old default in CFM injuries is on 40. When I reset my CFM sliders it puts injuries at 50. Should they be at 40 or 50

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 04:36 PM   #646
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

So guys, I've been quiet and there's a pretty good reason. I'm very happy with the OP default setup. I've played some games in my Dolphins franchise and a few other random games with a variety of teams/matchups. It's crazy how varied the games/outcomes have been for me; I've seen great players play poorly, bad players play well and vice versa. I've seen defensive battles, blowouts, shootouts...and everything in between (I played the GB/CHI game...it unfolded as a defensive battle very much like it did in real life). This weekend's real-life games solidified in my mind that this is the way to go. Crazy stuff happens in the NFL and I can point out a whole slew of things that happened that, if it happened on Madden, would have had a bunch of folks whining/moaning.

I know rolling with default isn't the most conventional move; but I DO believe most people just don't give it enough of a chance (I too have been guilty of this). As we get new patches, I will continue evaluating and addressing legitimate game issues as they pop-up. However, the game is playing beautifully "as is" to me right now - there is a ratings-based challenge and a tremendous variety in outcomes. I don't need much more than that.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:18 PM   #647
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So guys, I've been quiet and there's a pretty good reason. I'm very happy with the OP default setup. I've played some games in my Dolphins franchise and a few other random games with a variety of teams/matchups. It's crazy how varied the games/outcomes have been for me; I've seen great players play poorly, bad players play well and vice versa. I've seen defensive battles, blowouts, shootouts...and everything in between (I played the GB/CHI game...it unfolded as a defensive battle very much like it did in real life). This weekend's real-life games solidified in my mind that this is the way to go. Crazy stuff happens in the NFL and I can point out a whole slew of things that happened that, if it happened on Madden, would have had a bunch of folks whining/moaning.

I know rolling with default isn't the most conventional move; but I DO believe most people just don't give it enough of a chance (I too have been guilty of this). As we get new patches, I will continue evaluating and addressing legitimate game issues as they pop-up. However, the game is playing beautifully "as is" to me right now - there is a ratings-based challenge and a tremendous variety in outcomes. I don't need much more than that.

From what I’ve seen in the first week of the NFL season, I feel better about what occurs in madden.

For example, I was concerned about the lack of run plays the CPU was running in madden, but my hometown Buffalo Bills opened up the game against the Jets with 19 consecutive passing plays.

Anything is possible in the NFL these days. Many players put up huge stat lines. It’s just the way it is.

Old 09-11-2019, 02:30 PM   #648
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Don’t want to jump the gun yet so I’ll just say I’m testing exact OP and leave it at that. But wanted to share a really cool play I just had.

I’m down 14 with 13 seconds left until halftime. I could just take a knee on my own 30 but instead I decide to run a screen. I’ve never executed a screen better in Madden 20 and the CPU didn’t even blitz. Here’s where things get interesting. As I’m gliding over midfield I look down at the clock is at 6 seconds. Do I step out of bounds around the 30 yard line and take my 3 points, or do I go for broke? I look ahead of me and I see nothing but open grass. Let’s go for broke. I have to give it a second thought though because I’m playing on the zoomed in camera and cannot see very much of the field besides for what’s right in front of me. I say screw it and continue to race down the right sideline. As I get inside the 10 all of a sudden 2 defenders are bearing down on my left shoulder. I get inside the five and dive for the pylon. The closest defender to me goes for the tackle at the same time. He knocks me out at the 2 yard line! No touchdown. No points. Halftime. The worst part is I had to kick off to start the second half haha.

When I finish my first full season with the exact OP I will post my impressions.

Last edited by tc020791; 09-11-2019 at 02:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »