Home

Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2022, 09:33 PM   #41
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadn5
Does anyone know if there was an update or a tuner set at some point today? The game is playing much better than this morning which these impressions were based on. It feels like it's back to being close to the beta gameplay. I'm so relieved!!

I honestly feel like there was a frame pacing issue that caused animations to play out too fast. Sooo much smoother now!
Toadn5 - I'm pleased to see this comment. The last time I had it running was around 1pm for about 30mins. Thinking to myself...." there has gotta be an update to fix this" to many positive comments around the community to be playing like this.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2022, 09:44 PM   #42
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

I’ve been plying. And editing Madden for years now so here are my initial impressions of madde 23

1)player models are great. Love the uniform fit
2)some animations and most animations are good
3)snow falling is great snow in field is not
4)the def is too close to wide receiver routes and interception happen wayyyyy too often . Tired different slider settings and even did some attribute tweaks and nothing work. It’s hardwired has to be fixed witha now th almost unplayable
5)graphical overlays and cut always are good
6)kickoff have a slight angle that make them good
7)lighting is better
8)stadium grass is good
9)running is almost like nfl 2k5 or afl 2k8 but again even with slider tweaks attribute tweaks you can tee alky run the ball
10)game isn’t fun and that’s a big problem
11)again about interceptions they happen way tooniften
12)sad that after years was can not have batch editing of attributes it’s such a. Chore to go into every player and change thing
13) sometimes throwing and catching feels organic

One final point I’d like to make that seems to be the dinasuar factor

Online has ruined this game. From tournaments to cards and MUT game hasn’t been a real representation of nfl since madden 12
Old 08-15-2022, 09:47 PM   #43
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
Your comment on penalties is encouraging. Anyone else seeing more penalties?
I got 9 penalties against Bucs : 8 rough passer and one rough kick
Old 08-15-2022, 09:49 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion2721
I honestly don't think this game needs sliders adjustments to feel "realistic". Anyone agree? Also, the AI missed 2 FG's. The distance was about 54 yards on both. I've never seen that on any other Madden before.
Give it about a week and see if you feel the same way.

Many have said default feels great every year doing the early release.

Then they realize it's still madden and the slider changes are needed.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-15-2022, 09:50 PM   #45
Rookie

The new passing system with all the directional stuff and meter is butt cheeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2022, 09:52 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
I got 9 penalties against Bucs : 8 rough passer and one rough kick
It's always been that way for those two PENALTIES.

I'll be interested to see if they call holding, false start, encroachment and Defensive PI

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-15-2022, 09:57 PM   #47
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
It's always been that way for those two PENALTIES.

I'll be interested to see if they call holding, false start, encroachment and Defensive PI
Offense PI and they should add illegal contact penalty
Old 08-15-2022, 10:07 PM   #48
MVP

Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

Played a couple of games on Default All-Madden. I definitely had a lot of feedback come to mind…

1. Presentation is impressive. Visuals really pop and replay angles look great. Although frame drop was occurring during these, I still found myself literally WANTING to see the cutscenes. Even the graphic overlays were solid.

2. User DB’s won’t react to hardly anything. CPU DB’s react to everything. Why can’t things be the same for both? I’ve had passes nearly hit my guys in the head while the CPU will make acrobatic plays any time a ball is close to them. Biggest issue I’m having BY FAR right now. It’s nearly gamebreaking.

3. Defenders still get pushed out of their gaps for no reason. Saw a Wide 9 outside of the C gap get warped to the B gap to make a double team happen. He was an outside contain too. Been saying since about M17 that this was a problem.

4. The new passing system literally feels like what we already had in place, but with a visual aspect to it.

5. Pass rush felt a touch too strong, but too soon to tell. Route running is definitely slower than IRL, even with threshold turned down (tested out in practice. Saw some weirdness with this that I’ll test further if i get the full game).

6. Blocking concepts felt better. Even saw some new animations that I hadn’t seen before, including some driving back of defenders. Curious to see if I ever see a blocker getting driven back tho (you’d think smaller blockers would, but it’s been years since we’ve seen that…)

7. Started to freak out over pass coverage, then I realized match coverage is OFF by default. It still didn’t make things great, but it certainly made things better.

8. CPU still doesn’t seem to follow their blocks worth a crap. It’s only hope for a running game is with a power back that can run you over.

9. Had SEVERAL instances in the pocket where I try to make a throw, and something causes me to take an extra half a second too long and the CPU is just able to hit me. Very frustrating. Especially with how often the CPU is picking off passes. Probably half of my INTs have been because of this.

10. I really hate how shifting the D-Line doesn’t also shift their gap assignments. A little thing, but also a big thing.

11. Alottttt of broken tackles by the CPU.

12. CPU playcalling is really bad on defense. They are outnumbered in the box WAY too often.

Maybe I’m crazy, but it just feels very similar to launch of M22. It’s like close to feeling fun, but the frustrating parts have just been frustrating for so long…

I’m very on the fence as of now.

Last edited by xCoachDx; 08-15-2022 at 10:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »