Home

Not enough injuries in franchise

This is a discussion on Not enough injuries in franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2022, 10:34 AM   #57
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Not enough injuries in franchise

Got 2 Qb injuries the other day but they returned later in the game using injury at 53

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #58
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

It's on page one but unless EA changed something for Madden 23 the injury slider does not affect frequency of injury for simmed games. Only in game.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:21 AM   #59
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Apologies to those who mean "super-simmed" injuries though, slider counts then. The injury attribute drop analysis looks very interesting though.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:41 PM   #60
Rookie

Jitty_5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
It's on page one but unless EA changed something for Madden 23 the injury slider does not affect frequency of injury for simmed games. Only in game.
If that is the case that makes things a bit easier, as all you have to do is adjust injury ratings for players at each position to the rate you want simmed injuries to happen.
Which does work as I have tested all positions except K and P.
Then after that just test the injury slider value in games to find the balance where in game and supersim injuries are comparable to simmed games.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-03-2022, 11:28 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

@ Jitty, I think this is a brilliant approach that you're outlining here.

I've traditionally been super reticent to do these kinds of edits, but there are 2 things EA seems to have no interest in tuning that matter to me: INJ and FAT.

I have a question about your approach. I see that you've been going -X (30, 40) and tracking the results.

I am wondering if what you're landing on is something like a definable bandwidth for INJ thresholds for different positions, such that "durable QBs" have X range for INJ, whereas "average" or "fragile" have Y or Z range.

I ask because I know Playmakers and Khaliib have found a lot in the thresholds area for animations and archetype behaviors, and I wonder if there might be soft thresholds for INJ that can be used to easily slot a guy once you label him initially.

In any case, I'll be following along eagerly here. Awesome stuff!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2022, 03:23 PM   #62
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

For those using the super-sim method (which sounds awesome), what sliders and quarter lengths are you using? Can't recall if those matter.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:31 AM   #63
Rookie

Jitty_5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
@ Jitty, I think this is a brilliant approach that you're outlining here.

I've traditionally been super reticent to do these kinds of edits, but there are 2 things EA seems to have no interest in tuning that matter to me: INJ and FAT.

I have a question about your approach. I see that you've been going -X (30, 40) and tracking the results.

I am wondering if what you're landing on is something like a definable bandwidth for INJ thresholds for different positions, such that "durable QBs" have X range for INJ, whereas "average" or "fragile" have Y or Z range.

I ask because I know Playmakers and Khaliib have found a lot in the thresholds area for animations and archetype behaviors, and I wonder if there might be soft thresholds for INJ that can be used to easily slot a guy once you label him initially.

In any case, I'll be following along eagerly here. Awesome stuff!
Thanks for that, too be honest I haven't gone too indepth in my thought process I just want to increase the injury rate for my franchise.
I started with Mike Lowe's 1/2 QB INJ rating and went from there. I didn't want to start a franchise till the Week 1 roster came out so I thought I would run with it and test it all out, using a house rule I used in NCAA 14 to get more team injuries as a rough template.
Especially after finding out that sim injuries aren't related to the injury slider it made it alot easier to focus on the sim side of things, anyone could just calibrate the injury and fatigue sliders after that for in game injuries.

With that being said I still haven't been able to test a full roster edit yet in a franchise which is the next thing I want to do, I just don't have the time at the moment.

These are the values I've come up for a full roster edit,

QB : - 1/2 Injury Rating
RB: - 40
FB: - 40
WR: - 30
TE: - 20
OL: - 15
DL: - 20
LB: - 20
DB: - 30
K: - 80
P: - 80

I'm more confident in some positions than other, any adjustments I made were usually in increments of 10. I know one example was someone didn't like the injury rate of the RB test, which I liked but they could just do - 30 instead of -40.

I wanted to put this up so if someone wants to edit a roster and give it a crack, great! If not I will eventually get to a full roster edit and test done I just don't know when.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Jitty_5; 09-08-2022 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-17-2022, 08:57 AM   #64
Rookie

What position you are not sure about?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »